F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #2267
demge01
Private First Class
 
demge01's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320ed
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
thats is good news!! hopefully i dont run into any bullshit like some others have.
I had a guy this morning contact me with 48.2 PSdZData, and he could not connect to his F30, so I am not sure if 48.2 is also affected or not. He is downloading 48.1 (slowly) and will let me know if that is his problem, or if it turns our to be unrelated and due to something else.

The safe bet though is if your car is at I-Step <= F020-12-11-502 (ISTA/P 2.48.1), you can use 48.1 PSdZData.

Anything newer than that, buy the damn updated patch / token. It's reasonably priced...about the cost of two F30 tanks of gas, if that.
If only I could get two tanks of fuel for that money over here...!
Two tanks here for me is about £150 or $240...
demge01 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #2268
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
If only I could get two tanks of fuel for that money over here...!
Two tanks here for me is about £150 or $240...
So then, that is an even bigger bargain for you as the cost is only 1/3 of a tank.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #2269
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborB View Post
Last week the dealer reprogrammed my car due to power steering issue, which action unfortunately upgraded my integration from F020-12-03-520 to F020-12-11-505. With this obviously I lost all my previos coded values and can't any longer use my old 46.6 data files.

Can I please get a link to the newest ones and maybe an up to date E-sys as well?

Thanks.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #2270
GaborB
New Member
 
Drives: F30 316d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brussels

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Thanks
GaborB is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #2271
cmarucco
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

48.1 please

I DL'd the new 48.3 files, but I'm glad I returned here before trying to code to learn about this new security token.

My vehicle is still on the old I-level reading: F020-12-07-532.

So I believe I should still be able to use the 48.1 PSdZData, correct? If so, Shawn do you have a link for these? TIA.

Also, is there any advantage or additional functionality of the new version, or am I not missing anything assuming I stay out of the dealership and don't get updated.

Thanks all.
cmarucco is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #2272
Gunnersbury
2013 ///M5 Silverstone
 
Drives: F10 M5 Silverstone
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Thanks

Thanks
Gunnersbury is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #2273
nidfix
New Member
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Europe

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quick questions about the new token requiered for 48.3.
I understood that it will be proposed "valid for 1 year". Does it mean that every time that code will have to change (may be for example a new release of psdzdata files) will we get access to a new one or that the delivered key last actually one year (regardless of whether you change the psdzdata files, it just expires) but may not later ( before one-year term due to some additional changes on file contents) ?
nidfix is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #2274
YMB_M3_j2
Lieutenant
 
YMB_M3_j2's Avatar
 
Drives: YMB M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quick question to anyone that can answer


What do i do with the new token i bought? I am assuming i need to drop it in some file somewhere but i havent a clue where. file name is XXXXX-esys

Any help is appreciated
YMB_M3_j2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #2275
Gunnersbury
2013 ///M5 Silverstone
 
Drives: F10 M5 Silverstone
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Files

Could someone PM me with the location of 48.3 files. I have a F10 M5 and i understand this is the version I need. i am very new to coding. I have the cable and E-SYS applications. Also will i need to purchase a token for this version.

Thanks for your help.
Gunnersbury is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #2276
Morrisadam
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hungary

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Hello, I am new here and can someone tell me that the F12 650i has the same coding that the F10 5-series?
And can I use the same ENET cable?
Forexample this one:
http://codecard.lt/electronics/tools.../prod_651.html
Morrisadam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #2277
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarucco View Post
I DL'd the new 48.3 files, but I'm glad I returned here before trying to code to learn about this new security token.

My vehicle is still on the old I-level reading: F020-12-07-532.

So I believe I should still be able to use the 48.1 PSdZData, correct? If so, Shawn do you have a link for these? TIA.

Also, is there any advantage or additional functionality of the new version, or am I not missing anything assuming I stay out of the dealership and don't get updated.

Thanks all.
There is no advantage to updating your vehicle software, except maybe you gain the M Performance Logo Option in KOMBI, which is not in your ISTA/P 2.47.4 that you have now.

I can't PM you, becasue you do not have enough Posts. I think you can PM me your email though or post it here, and I can send you the 48.1 PSdZData Links.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #2278
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidfix View Post
Quick questions about the new token requiered for 48.3.
I understood that it will be proposed "valid for 1 year". Does it mean that every time that code will have to change (may be for example a new release of psdzdata files) will we get access to a new one or that the delivered key last actually one year (regardless of whether you change the psdzdata files, it just expires) but may not later ( before one-year term due to some additional changes on file contents) ?
The Token has nothing to do with the PSdZData version. It will work with E-Sys and any version of PSdZData fo rone year from the Date of issue, and then it simply expires, and you buy an new one.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #2279
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
Quick question to anyone that can answer


What do i do with the new token i bought? I am assuming i need to drop it in some file somewhere but i havent a clue where. file name is XXXXX-esys

Any help is appreciated
You can put it wherever you want, but you need to go into E-Sys Options => Settings = EST Tab, and set the path to wherever you put it (e.g. C:\ESysData\EST\3.22.5\E-Sys_3.22.5_EST.est).

You also need to replace the two patched .jar files in:

C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\lib\PsdZ\psdz-core.jar

C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\lib\estcm\est-cm-01.03.02.jar
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #2280
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnersbury View Post
Could someone PM me with the location of 48.3 files. I have a F10 M5 and i understand this is the version I need. i am very new to coding. I have the cable and E-SYS applications. Also will i need to purchase a token for this version.

Thanks for your help.
You can not receive PM's as you have too few Post. If you PM or post an email, I will send you the links.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #2281
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisadam View Post
Hello, I am new here and can someone tell me that the F12 650i has the same coding that the F10 5-series?
And can I use the same ENET cable?
Forexample this one:
http://codecard.lt/electronics/tools.../prod_651.html
The F12 and the F10 use the same exact PSdZData, so the coding is essentially the same.

Yes, that cable will work, but it is a 5 meter (16.5 Feet) ENET Cable, which is fine if you want to code your car from your couch.

Here is a shorter 1.8 meter version (6 Feet) for $19 instead of $29.

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=21

Or, contact User April1 if you prefer a local source rather than shipping from China:

http://www.enetcables.com/
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #2282
nidfix
New Member
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Europe

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The Token has nothing to do with the PSdZData version. It will work with E-Sys and any version of PSdZData fo rone year from the Date of issue, and then it simply expires, and you buy an new one.
Thank you for your response !

If there is no relationship at all with PSdZData files , why is it required for people that used in the past E-Sys 3.18.4 and simply upgraded their files to 48.3 ?
nidfix is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #2283
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnersbury View Post
Thanks I do not gave enough tokens to PM you. My email is jfdevine@gmail.com. Thanks for your help
Email sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #2284
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I had a guy this morning contact me with 48.2 PSdZData, and he could not connect to his F30, so I am not sure if 48.2 is also affected or not. He is downloading 48.1 (slowly) and will let me know if that is his problem, or if it turns our to be unrelated and due to something else.

The safe bet though is if your car is at I-Step <= F020-12-11-502 (ISTA/P 2.48.1), you can use 48.1 PSdZData.

Anything newer than that, buy the damn updated patch / token. It's reasonably priced...about the cost of two F30 tanks of gas, if that.
Just to follow up, he got 48.2 PSdZData to connect, so the issue was something else. So, 48.3 on up is the issue.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 01-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #2285
Morrisadam
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hungary

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The F12 and the F10 use the same exact PSdZData, so the coding is essentially the same.

Yes, that cable will work, but it is a 5 meter (16.5 Feet) ENET Cable, which is fine if you want to code your car from your couch.

Here is a shorter 1.8 meter version (6 Feet) for $19 instead of $29.

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=21

Or, contact User April1 if you prefer a local source rather than shipping from China:

http://www.enetcables.com/
Thank You very much I just placed my order and the site you mentioned was half the price that I was looking at because the 29 was in EURO. THX again.
Morrisadam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #2286
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisadam View Post
Thank You very much I just placed my order and the site you mentioned was half the price that I was looking at because the 29 was in EURO. THX again.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #2287
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,487
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidfix View Post
Thank you for your response !

If there is no relationship at all with PSdZData files , why is it required for people that used in the past E-Sys 3.18.4 and simply upgraded their files to 48.3 ?
What I am saying is that typically when new PSdZData comes out, you just update your PSdZData, as we have all done many times over the last year. This will continue as usual, until your Token validity expires. However, if at some future time during your year of validity, BMW changes the security measures, well yes, of course an updated patch / token will be required.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #2288
GaborB
New Member
 
Drives: F30 316d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brussels

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidfix View Post
Thank you for your response !

If there is no relationship at all with PSdZData files , why is it required for people that used in the past E-Sys 3.18.4 and simply upgraded their files to 48.3 ?
Or if the old token in the EST folder is not valid any longer with the new 48.3 and beyond, can't we just simply share the same newly generated token amongst us?
GaborB is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST