F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > M Performance front splitter clearance
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
marseille82's Avatar
2
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

iTrader: (0)

M Performance front splitter clearance

To all you guys that have installed the front splitter, how does the ground clearance compare to msport bumper stock? With the condition of NYC roads, I'm a little concerned.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
bcl0328
Major
38
Rep
1,158
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Abingdon, MD

iTrader: (0)

well it makes the front a few inches lower. are you lowered?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
marseille82's Avatar
2
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
well it makes the front a few inches lower. are you lowered?
Not Lowered. So I guess I should be fine then. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
9
Rep
339
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
To all you guys that have installed the front splitter, how does the ground clearance compare to msport bumper stock? With the condition of NYC roads, I'm a little concerned.

Thanks
I have M Adaptive suspension and the M Performance front splitter. It is lower and a do need to be careful going in and out of driveways - general driving and judder bars are ok though.

It actually descends quite a bit lower that the front of the lip you see -- this is the bit that scrapes unfortunately.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

It makes the front really low even without lowering suspension. I have like less than an inch of clearance going into my driveway.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Park2670
General
Park2670's Avatar
United_States
204
Rep
18,125
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
It makes the front really low even without lowering suspension. I have like less than an inch of clearance going into my driveway.
Just a few MM pulling out of my driveway this weekend too. But my E90 LCI drags the little felt pieces when backing straight into my driveway.
I usually take it at a good angle to avoid that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Tsuvoi
Banned
6
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Apparently one needs M-Sport to purchase this special body kit? However design-wise I hardy see a difference? Is there a side-by-side comparison somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post
Just a few MM pulling out of my driveway this weekend too. But my E90 LCI drags the little felt pieces when backing straight into my driveway.
I usually take it at a good angle to avoid that.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
Apparently one needs M-Sport to purchase this special body kit? However design-wise I hardy see a difference? Is there a side-by-side comparison somewhere?
Yes, you need M-sport to have the splitter.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
marseille82's Avatar
2
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

iTrader: (0)

Got it installed today guys. You were right, it is much lower than I thought. Will have to be really careful.
I love the way it looks though.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #10
jtuds
Major
Canada
28
Rep
1,064
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
judder bars
Is that the same as a speed bump? If so, your version is way way way more awesomer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
Got it installed today guys. You were right, it is much lower than I thought. Will have to be really careful.
I love the way it looks though.
Pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
Tsuvoi
Banned
6
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
Got it installed today guys. You were right, it is much lower than I thought. Will have to be really careful.
I love the way it looks though.
Pics or it didn't happen
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST