F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > No fogs on US M-Sport
PYSPEED

01-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Axman85
Private First Class

Drives: 335i x-Drive M-Sport Min. Grey

No fogs on US M-Sport

Anyone know why the US doesn't get the fog lights. My US window sticker actually calls them out as standard and I don't have them on my 335xi M-Sport. How about a refund?
      01-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Best guess is that they remove the fogs to provide more airflow.

Good luck getting a refund, no M-Sport in the US has those standard.
      02-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
BMWforLife
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 135i M Sport DCT

Is it really worth the hassle of trying to get a refund over some fog lights? Will the foglights make or break the deal on the car or make the car THAT much better?

If anything I would just argue for a discount on an accessory.
My car had the M Performance Grill on it when I bought it, but it was not on the window sticker. The dealer realized their mistake and just ate the loss of 300$..

I would't say a simple typo constitutes a refund, especially on fog lights. Just tell them you want 250$ off the cost of the power pack

On my e90, the dealer did an oil change and reused the old crush ring, so my car leaked oil all the way home and I ended up having to add 2 quarts to it. I was pissed, the dealer almost destroyed my engine. They fixed it, and I told them I wanted a deal on a perf. exhaust and they offered me 20% off (about 250$). I say go this route.

Maybe if they had told you it was 340 HP and it ended up being 300 HP or something epic THEN I would ask for a refund.

It is well known in the USA M Sports do not come with fogs, there have been numerous threads on it.

Will be adding the PPK/Exhaust someday!
BMWforLife is offline   United_States
      02-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
ejholt
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Viper

Has anyone tried installing LED driving lights on the M Sport?
      02-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman85 View Post
Anyone know why the US doesn't get the fog lights. My US window sticker actually calls them out as standard and I don't have them on my 335xi M-Sport. How about a refund?
Its called infinite wisdom of BMWNA. Same reason why we are still waiting for the NBT Nav upgrade. aka "Irrational exuberance".
claykin is offline   United_States
      02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i M, EBII, mit alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman85 View Post
Struck me as funny too when I was ordering, considering my first google searches showed it with the lights. But when you get eyes on, you see that they open up the whole fog light area to a vent w/ filter that goes toward the wheel well. They say it's their 'arid weather style' or something to that effect. I guess their view of America is only California and Arizona...

But it's actually grown on me. When I see the euro version and the panel next to the light is just filled in plastic, it looks kinda cheap to me. I'd like to see some summer brake performance tests though to see if it really makes any difference.
KellerKiller is offline   United_States