F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Studio RSR

01-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #2421
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
If you car already have comfort access, pressing key fob or door handle to lock the door, keep pressing it for 1.5 seconds the door mirror will fold - this is from factory

if you want the mirror to fold faster rather than pressing 1.5 seconds, you can code to reduce the "wait time" to zero (or any amount of time you like), so once you lock, the mirror will fold.

FEMBODY > 3053 KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN; default WERTE value = 0F (1.5 seconds), edit werte value to your own preference

Werte=00 (0.0 sec)
Werte=05 (0.5 sec)
Werte=0A (1.0 sec)
This is one of the BEST post's i have found on here..lol .. I cant stand that i have to sit there and hold the button down to make the mirrors fold.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #2422
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
anyone with a 2013 get window roll up and folding mirrors through fob to work?
i have the two set to activ and wert 01 but it doesnt do anything when i press the lock button on my key
You also have to change the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB from nicht_aktiv (werte=01) to aktiv (werte=00).

That activates the fob.

Just change the pull-down value and note that the corresponding aktiv werte value is 0, not 1 like it normally is for aktiv/nicht_aktiv values.

If you change the werte value to 01, you will deactivate the setting.

You also have to hold the button down for 2-3 seconds before anything happens.

If you want to reduce this delay, see the posts just above here regarding the KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN value. I have mine set to 0 which works great for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #2423
simonchs
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI2 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
I don't think ur car have combox if it's stock HK-spec. Can u run ur VIN on bmwvin.com & email me the VOs?
just PM-ed my VIN to you
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #2424
simonchs
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI2 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
You also have to change the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB from nicht_aktiv (werte=01) to aktiv (werte=00).

That activates the fob.

Just change the pull-down value and note that the corresponding aktiv werte value is 0, not 1 like it normally is for aktiv/nicht_aktiv values.

If you change the werte value to 01, you will deactivate the setting.

You also have to hold the button down for 2-3 seconds before anything happens.

If you want to reduce this delay, see the posts just above here regarding the KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN value. I have mine set to 0 which works great for me.
is there any way to close the windows/glass roof without hold the fob button? although the KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN save 1.5s for me already
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #2425
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
just PM-ed my VIN to you
Saw it, u have combox (6NK) so cannot export profiles.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #2426
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
is there any way to close the windows/glass roof without hold the fob button? although the KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN save 1.5s for me already
Not that I know of. You have to hold it (fob or CA) the whole time the windows/roof are moving. Only the mirror folding works as a toggle. You don't have to keep the button pushed to have the mirrors fold in or out.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #2427
balexy
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Is there a way to code sensitivity of the rain sensor of the wipers? It reacts too slowly for me and it is often rainy here in Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #2428
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Saw it, u have combox (6NK) so cannot export profiles.
I too have 6NK, and also have the ability to export profile
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #2429
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Not that I know of. You have to hold it (fob or CA) the whole time the windows/roof are moving. Only the mirror folding works as a toggle. You don't have to keep the button pushed to have the mirrors fold in or out.
Tested this morning, confirm with the pressing throughout... and it first closes the window, then the sunroof... so it's going to be a good 20 second press
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #2430
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by balexy View Post
Is there a way to code sensitivity of the rain sensor of the wipers? It reacts too slowly for me and it is often rainy here in Vancouver.
No one has figured it out yet. I wish someone would though. I have tried with no luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #2431
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
I too have 6NK, and also have the ability to export profile
Yes, but u also have 609 which we don't have.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #2432
ykau
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320I

hi kon, any clue to turn on the setting for the "office" feature. mine is also 6NK. thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #2433
KeenDriver
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
Hi, can anyone give me some insight here?
i tried coding my car just now and everything is fine until i click "code FDL"
the pop up comes up and it goes through the process but in the i keep on getting this error:

FEM_BODY [40]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_00000794-004_122_083 Not Executable

Whats the cause for this?
i tried coding amber delete and key fob close windows/sunroof and this got this message
any help would be great thanks!

I posted about this about a week+ back. You can use 3.18. Just use an older version and just move the missing CAFD files you need from 48.3. If needed you you want 12_11_505 just move and replace the files in the kiswb folder with those from 48.3 too It's a working workaround.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #2434
ykau
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320I

hi guys, any ideas how to display the "option" function at bluetooth? I have added in 609,614,6NF and 6NL into VO, but function still didn't appear. My F30 has the bluetooth module. thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #2435
pixelfreak0410
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered: M440i Convertible RWD

Hello,

is there a way to generate an activation code for the "BMW Apps" option. Im highly interested on the webradio option. Comboxbox is available with nav and 6nh.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #2436
bimmermeupscoty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Mineral Gray

Is there an updated cheat sheet (since June 2012) for the F30?

Does anyone do coding in the mid-south region?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #2437
Brian55
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15, i4 coming soon, 911

I finally got down to coding after much delay, and working through what i think was some corruption in the older psdz data I had. Anyway after updating to 3.22.5, 48.3 set all was good. I just coded the following:

FEM Body--> 3023 --> TCM_MSA_Memory; ASS remember last setting
FEM Body-> 3053--> Komfortschliessing something_FB; closes windows etc with Fob
KOMBI -->3000> BMW_LOGO --> mpm ; M performance logo
KOMBI -->3000 -->GPS_UHR ; time sych to gps
HU__CIC -->3000 -->NAVI_TRIP_IMPORT; enable feature
HU_CIC --> 3001 --> LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME ; make the disclaimer go away

Some feedback in case it helps anyone. It went well, but with a major scare to start:

don't hesitate to use the search function in E-Sys, sometimes there is a long list of options to look at.

Keep the engine running. My first attempt was a huge panic after the car decided to time out on the half-on setting (accesssory I guess, key press, engine not running- I got carried away on an exploration and decided to code on the spot. Because I was sitting in the passenger seat I was too lazy to move around to push in the clutch to start the car. Yes, that was stupid.). So things shut down during the write process. Corruption again. Fortunately exact instructions to recover from this are earlier in this thread. Thanks Shawn! I got really worried for a bit because I couldn't get anything to connect to the car immediately after. After testing my cable, no problem found, I could connect again. Maybe a 10 min rest was necessary?

I was wondering what would happen after coding the KOMBI module with the GPS clock synch. As predicted the car wanted a new input for time. I put something random in, and 10 secs later it self corrected to the right time. That was nice!

My car has F020 12-11-504, so it turns out I could have worked with the old standard 3.18 E-sys, but regardless I'm content with the newer one and paid token.

Next projects are to look at the bluetooth/album cover art things, and look into the speed limit recognition. I have the lane departure cameras, so likely a software only path to success there, plus the activation fee. Anyone have experience with speed limit?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #2438
f302012sold
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

hello kon, awhk, clarence (and shawn if you want to get into the mix),

got swamped recently and finally came back to the coding community. surprised that so many things have changed, you know what i mean about the new security and token stuff.

up to day, the top thing on my wish list is till enabling asian language support - like you guys and i believe many other people have been trying so hard to achieve. My F30 is a UK spec built in Mar 2012 but for media I use Simplified Chinese as primary language (you can't blame my musical taste) and I have long fed up with the squares and question marks, also they show up on the contacts and messages too.

After some researching and coding myself, my opinion about this is still bound to the locale settings, i.e. region or country settings somewhere. I understand that kon mentioned about the missing chinese font, my argument on this is on a software architecture point of view (my day job is this) it makes no sense not to enable utf8 support and include the relevant font in the system, as otherwise bmw will end up maintaining many code basis and releases branches for this system which will be an absolute pain in the ass for bmw themselves. if they deliberately want to disable asian language support for europen config cars (which again makes no sense, this is one globe why couldn't they think about it - there must be asian language users anywhere) they would do it on a "configurable" way, pretty much like the idea of VO codes.

There is a proof about this theory. If you have 6NR and can use BMW Apps on your iPhone, try download and use AUPEO! and listen to a chinese pop station. Surprisingly you will notice all of a sudden your CIC displays Chinese Traditional!! (see pic). If CIC doesn't have the font this wouldn't happen.

For the reason why this AUPEO! app could somehow invoke chinese display I have no idea, but we can see that it is not impossible.

As I have not been rolling my sleeves and doing coding for a while now, my next attempt is to try removing country code and see if there is any luck on a UK f30. I will report back.

The intention of this post is just to bring this discussion back, as I believe once this is working it will help a lot of people, including myself.

Any suggestion welcome. TIA!

Last edited by f302012sold; 02-02-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #2439
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by also1412 View Post
hello kon, awhk, clarence (and shawn if you want to get into the mix),

got swamped recently and finally came back to the coding community. surprised that so many things have changed, you know what i mean about the new security and token stuff.

up to day, the top thing on my wish list is till enabling asian language support - like you guys and i believe many other people have been trying so hard to achieve. My F30 is a UK spec built in Mar 2012 but for media I use Simplified Chinese as primary language (you can't blame my musical taste) and I have long fed up with the squares and question marks, also they show up on the contacts and messages too.

After some researching and coding myself, my opinion about this is still bound to the locale settings, i.e. region or country settings somewhere. I understand that kon mentioned about the missing chinese font, my argument on this is on a software architecture point of view (my day job is this) it makes no sense not to enable utf8 support and include the relevant font in the system, as otherwise bmw will end up maintaining many code basis and releases branches for this system which will be an absolute pain in the ass for bmw themselves. if they deliberately want to disable asian language support for europen config cars (which again makes no sense, this is one globe why couldn't they think about it - there must be asian language users anywhere) they would do it on a "configurable" way, pretty much like the idea of VO codes.

There is a proof about this theory. If you have 6NR and can use BMW Apps on your iPhone, try download and use AUPEO! and listen to a chinese pop station. Surprisingly you will notice all of a sudden your CIC displays Chinese Traditional!! (see pic). If CIC doesn't have the font this wouldn't happen.

For the reason why this AUPEO! app could somehow invoke chinese display I have no idea, but we can see that it is not impossible.

As I have not been rolling my sleeves and doing coding for a while now, my next attempt is to try removing country code and see if there is any luck on a UK f30. I will report back.

The intention of this post is just to bring this discussion back, as I believe once this is working it will help a lot of people, including myself.

Any suggestion welcome. TIA!
AWHK & Clarence doesn't have CIC to play with, they don't have nav - they either have Champ/Champ2/Business Radio which behave differently, and luckily for them they could already display Asian font.

Now, for Singapore owner like me, we effectively have the same spec as you guys in the UK (right hand drive), minus 6NR & BMW Assist.

The last thing I wanted to try, but haven't got the chance to do it still, was to disable all 12 (or was it 15) european language and move english_UK as language 1, then add chinese, korean & japanese as language 2 to 5.

If changing this and somehow you can make the asian font visible in the idrive language selection screen, means we have a go (perhaps you also have to change the country settings from ECE to HongKong, China or Taiwan), but my gut feel is if you cannot see the langugage selection displayed correctly, chances are you will only get a blank menu screen that we got earlier.

I did read however the F10 guys did manage to change the kombi/cluster language to asian language. Unfortunately this is not something we can change in idrive. Meaning although the kombi will show all warning & message in Chinese, idrive still display everything in English or squares

Of course it is interesting why Aupeo would show Chinese. You can probably further test this with "ipod mode" (part of BMW apps that allow ipod native view) see if it works. I'm just wondering if Aupeo chinese font works because of another technology like mirrorlink screen dump or is it really displaying native font.

I'm no way in technology line like you, I'm a cashier by profession, so you probably fare better than me
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #2440
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykau View Post
hi guys, any ideas how to display the "option" function at bluetooth? I have added in 609,614,6NF and 6NL into VO, but function still didn't appear. My F30 has the bluetooth module. thanks
What option you want to get at Bluetooth screen? Why you add in 6NF & 6NL?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #2441
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfreak0410 View Post
Hello,

is there a way to generate an activation code for the "BMW Apps" option. Im highly interested on the webradio option. Comboxbox is available with nav and 6nh.
So far the only way is to pay for it, in the tune of around EUR160?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #2442
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian55 View Post

Keep the engine running. My first attempt was a huge panic after the car decided to time out on the half-on setting (accesssory I guess, key press, engine not running- I got carried away on an exploration and decided to code on the spot. Because I was sitting in the passenger seat I was too lazy to move around to push in the clutch to start the car. Yes, that was stupid.). So things shut down during the write process. Corruption again. Fortunately exact instructions to recover from this are earlier in this thread. Thanks Shawn! I got really worried for a bit because I couldn't get anything to connect to the car immediately after. After testing my cable, no problem found, I could connect again. Maybe a 10 min rest was necessary?
You can download/read coding data of all the ECU and go back to your desk (without connected to the vehicle) to check all existing settings. Of course you won't be able to code, but definitely beats sitting in/near the car to figure things out while draining the car batt/fuel/gas

I only time I see the car shutting down is when you have the engine running, then press the start button once to turn off the engine (ACC mode?), after a preset time everything will shut down on it's own.

If you get in the car and press the start engine button once (without pressing brake for cars with auto transmission), i haven't seen it shutting down despite leaving it there > 30 minutes. But I'm concious that the battery will drain so I make sure I off the DRL, mute the music, off all car interior lighting, etc
Appreciate 0