F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > [Poll] Do you have rusty seat frame bases?
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: Do you have rusty seat frame bases or hinges?
Yes, my seat frames are all red. 22 18.97%
Yes, but a few red spots. 44 37.93%
No, mine is clean. 32 27.59%
Don't want to look under the seats. 20 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #89
CoolDude196
.
CoolDude196's Avatar
England
12
Rep
615
Posts

 
Drives: f30 20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
My hinges look to be good and, reluctantly, I had quick look under the passenger seat. I found only a few little spots so I'm not bothered, but will monitor every few months.

If the hinges start to go, then I'll have to start taking action, but it's looking fairly good for me.

May build at BMW's Regensburg production plant, Germany.
Are UK dealers replacing the parts free of charge/under warrenty?
__________________
AW Sport 20d, 2tb, 552, lc, 397 plus others
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #90
rjberry
Captain
rjberry's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
763
Posts

 
Drives: M5 Singapore Grey
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Wales

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
Are UK dealers replacing the parts free of charge/under warrenty?
I hope so, I wasn't told there would be a charge so assume it will be covered under warranty.

As BMW are putting together a kit to solve this problem I would take that as meaning they're acknowledging there is a problem and will be fixing it. I was told end of this month they should have the kits to do the work so we'll see soon enough!
__________________
M5 Singapore Grey with Sakhir Orange interior
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #91
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
snowghost's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,973
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
I hope so, I wasn't told there would be a charge so assume it will be covered under warranty.

As BMW are putting together a kit to solve this problem I would take that as meaning they're acknowledging there is a problem and will be fixing it. I was told end of this month they should have the kits to do the work so we'll see soon enough!
Silly mileage dude. How much is diesel per liter or gallon in the UK?
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|Dinan Stage 1 Suspension and Shockware ECU tune
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #92
rjberry
Captain
rjberry's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
763
Posts

 
Drives: M5 Singapore Grey
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Wales

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Silly mileage dude. How much is diesel per liter or gallon in the UK?
At my local garage where I fill up it's 1.449 per litre for normal diesel. I tend to put in the Super Diesel so it's 1.549 per litre. It usually costs me about 70-75 to fill up the tank.
__________________
M5 Singapore Grey with Sakhir Orange interior
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #93
m1kal
Private
United_States
1
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

iTrader: (0)

Bmw in monrovia was so rude upon discussing the rust. How do you guys go about this with he dealers?
__________________
2013 F30 335i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #94
CoolDude196
.
CoolDude196's Avatar
England
12
Rep
615
Posts

 
Drives: f30 20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
I hope so, I wasn't told there would be a charge so assume it will be covered under warranty.

As BMW are putting together a kit to solve this problem I would take that as meaning they're acknowledging there is a problem and will be fixing it. I was told end of this month they should have the kits to do the work so we'll see soon enough!
interesting, ill keep my eyes peeled!
__________________
AW Sport 20d, 2tb, 552, lc, 397 plus others
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #95
jamie335i
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M sport 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

I just got the call that the parts are in. Dropping the car off in the morning and they said it should be ready by wednesday. Glad BMW made good on their word and are fixing the problem!
__________________
2013 335i M sport 6MT --Sapphire Black Metallic/Black Dakota, premium package, technology package, dynamic handling, black grilles, 5% tint--
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #96
vigalent
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: F30 318D
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Had my car in the dealership a couple if weeks ago for them to investigate the rust issue.

I was told BMW were announcing a fix in February, I'm awaiting my call.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #97
bimmermeupscoty
Second Lieutenant
bimmermeupscoty's Avatar
7
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328i Mineral Gray
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

What is the latest build that has experienced the rusted seat problem? In other words, have they fixed it at the factory?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,568
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermeupscoty View Post
What is the latest build that has experienced the rusted seat problem? In other words, have they fixed it at the factory?
Pre November 2012.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #99
live4wknds
Private First Class
1
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1kal View Post
Bmw in monrovia was so rude upon discussing the rust. How do you guys go about this with he dealers?
This is not good to hear. I went to Monrovia for my rusty seats. Had to wait to have BMWNA engineer examine the seats and he eventually told the dealer to order replacement frames for me. I've yet to hear back from them, although it hasn't been quite a month.

If Monrovia turns out to be a pain to deal with, I'll be visiting New Century in Alhambra.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #100
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
snowghost's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,973
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4wknds View Post
This is not good to hear. I went to Monrovia for my rusty seats. Had to wait to have BMWNA engineer examine the seats and he eventually told the dealer to order replacement frames for me. I've yet to hear back from them, although it hasn't been quite a month.

If Monrovia turns out to be a pain to deal with, I'll be visiting New Century in Alhambra.
Call BMW North America in NJ.
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|Dinan Stage 1 Suspension and Shockware ECU tune
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #101
live4wknds
Private First Class
1
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Call BMW North America in NJ.
Yea...I originally did that before my dealer visit. Their story was 'we rely on our dealers to evaluate any reported issues...' And, I did ultimately have the BMWNA rep that came to the dealership 'approve' replacement seat frames...or so I was told by my SA. We'll see how this goes. But, as the other person who visited the same dealer said (Monrovia) it wasn't necessarily a welcoming experience when I raised my concern over finding rust on the interior of a brand new car. I had to challenge their "it's normal" claim with my own claim asking them to show me a non-F30 with the same rust. I'm still hopeful the dealer and BMWNA will do right by me.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #102
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
snowghost's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,973
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4wknds View Post
Yea...I originally did that before my dealer visit. Their story was 'we rely on our dealers to evaluate any reported issues...' And, I did ultimately have the BMWNA rep that came to the dealership 'approve' replacement seat frames...or so I was told by my SA. We'll see how this goes. But, as the other person who visited the same dealer said (Monrovia) it wasn't necessarily a welcoming experience when I raised my concern over finding rust on the interior of a brand new car. I had to challenge their "it's normal" claim with my own claim asking them to show me a non-F30 with the same rust. I'm still hopeful the dealer and BMWNA will do right by me.
I actually started by sending a pretty strong email to BMW Headquarters in Munich who referred to BMWNA. BMWNA contacted me by phone to tell me seat pans were ordered on 1/3 for my dealer to install. They followed up a couple weeks later and I told them my dealer hadn't called me.

BMWNA contacted dealer who called me back and said parts were not in. It's been a month since ordered, so not sure how long this process will be.
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|Dinan Stage 1 Suspension and Shockware ECU tune
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #103
m1kal
Private
United_States
1
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

iTrader: (0)

The person at monrovia implied that it'll take forever.
__________________
2013 F30 335i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #104
m1kal
Private
United_States
1
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

iTrader: (0)

Dealers will never have a good rep with idiots like them working there. They have no respect to customers and are very rude. He tried blaming me for the problem. I was Gona be like bitch I have my research don't think I'm retarded. Fckin monrovia
__________________
2013 F30 335i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #105
live4wknds
Private First Class
1
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

For me, the main goal was to get "in the system" with my rusty seat issue. To have BMWNA instruct the dealer to replace my seat frames was a win for me. Realistically, that rust under the seat will take a loooong time to do any real damage, so I'm not in a hurry. And, because it's something that's out of sight, it doesn't constantly nag at me. However, it will be nice to get this resolved sooner or later. My bigger worry is using this dealership on an on going basis for my service needs. This is my first Bimmer so I'm starting from scratch on dealer experience. Finding competent, trustworthy and honest car care is extremely difficult. During the warranty period, I'll be using a BMW dealer for service and the jury is still out on this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #106
jamie335i
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M sport 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

picked up my car this morning. all the parts were replaced and i am very happy with the results. the tech told me that when they took the seats apart, there was rust everywhere. I suggest you stay on the dealer and BMWNA until they replace everything. BTW my memory settings were all still intact.
__________________
2013 335i M sport 6MT --Sapphire Black Metallic/Black Dakota, premium package, technology package, dynamic handling, black grilles, 5% tint--
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #107
snowghost
Lieutenant Colonel
snowghost's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,973
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie335i View Post
picked up my car this morning. all the parts were replaced and i am very happy with the results. the tech told me that when they took the seats apart, there was rust everywhere. I suggest you stay on the dealer and BMWNA until they replace everything. BTW my memory settings were all still intact.
Good to hear. My dealer has me scheduled for replacement next Monday morning.
__________________
F30 Sapphire Black 335i 6MT|2PE|4AB|LCSW|ZDH|ZMM|ZPP|ZCW|ZDA|ZDB|ZTP|5AC|4 15|688|Dinan Stage 1 Suspension and Shockware ECU tune
Previously - F30 335i, E46 M3, E39 530i, E46 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #108
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
25
Rep
1,902
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie335i View Post
picked up my car this morning. all the parts were replaced and i am very happy with the results. the tech told me that when they took the seats apart, there was rust everywhere. I suggest you stay on the dealer and BMWNA until they replace everything. BTW my memory settings were all still intact.
What parts were listed on receipt? I'm told BMW is only replacing the base pan. Did your dealer receive other parts? Which dealer did work? I'm also in So. FL.

I had a Sept build 328 loaner last week. I placed a small bag under the drivers seat when I parked car. Upon return I grabbed the bag and it had some rusty looking dust on it. I looked underneath and couldn't believe what I saw. Wow! The rust came right off on my hand when I touched it.

Lucky my November build does not suffer from same.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #109
jamie335i
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M sport 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
What parts were listed on receipt? I'm told BMW is only replacing the base pan. Did your dealer receive other parts? Which dealer did work? I'm also in So. FL.

I had a Sept build 328 loaner last week. I placed a small bag under the drivers seat when I parked car. Upon return I grabbed the bag and it had some rusty looking dust on it. I looked underneath and couldn't believe what I saw. Wow! The rust came right off on my hand when I touched it.

Lucky my November build does not suffer from same.
The service write up says replace entire seat frame on both front seats and seat clips. Vista in Pompano did the replacement. It took them about 3-4 weeks from when I first showed them the parts and they had everything done in one day. If anyone goes over there, just have Frank write it up as he is already aware of the problem.
__________________
2013 335i M sport 6MT --Sapphire Black Metallic/Black Dakota, premium package, technology package, dynamic handling, black grilles, 5% tint--
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #110
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
25
Rep
1,902
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie335i View Post
The service write up says replace entire seat frame on both front seats and seat clips. Vista in Pompano did the replacement. It took them about 3-4 weeks from when I first showed them the parts and they had everything done in one day. If anyone goes over there, just have Frank write it up as he is already aware of the problem.
Frank's a nice guy and knowledgeable. Worked with him before. Your receipt should have a list of parts supplied by BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST