F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires > What is your tire pressure?
GTB Performance

12-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
Koer
Private First Class

Drives: 335i 2012 luxury line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX

asi es paisano la cuidad de los baches y topes. yo las traigo en 36 adelante y 38 atras, probare con tus psi a ver como se siente. saludos
Compañero! Un gustazo saber que hay alguien mas por aqui en la forum. By the way, i have a couple of 225 run flats with less than 1000 km if you get yours damaged in those baches de mierda. I should warn you though, don't get your runflats lower than 32 or 33 psi or you will bite your sidewalls when you get to a pothole and basically destroy your tires on a single hiccup!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #24
RPM90
Major General

Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koer View Post
Interesting! i was always used to leave my tires at a low pressure and set them at a higher pressure on the weekends when i went out for a drive in the twisty mountains.

Now unfortunately the place where i live (Mexico City) has the worst street conditions you could imagine, so its a gamble; put your tires to the correct pressure and you will end up screwing up your steering and suspension due to the vibration and impacts of the low quality pavement. Lower your tire's Psi and you protect your suspension and steering, but certainly my tires are not going to last as long.

It all depends on the place you live. Some people are blessed with butter smooth streets and no potholes. Some are not that lucky.
I understand the need to protect your car from bad roads and impacts.
But, for that very reason you need to RAISE your cold tire pressures.
Running pressures too low, as you are doing, is actually increasing the risk of damaging your wheels, tires, and suspension, because you don't have enough tire pressure to maintain sidewall stiffness.
What you're doing is counter to what you want.
Raise the pressures to the minimum required as posted on the door sill, so that the added air volume will help absorb the energy from those bad roads.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
RPM90
Major General

Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 4 7 View Post
I am regularly filling 32 psi all round, running on 18"ers style 397 wheels square setup on my F30 328i. I am getting decent performance with the current tyre pressures.

The reason to keep low tyre pressure is that in Mumbai, India the road quality is pathetic, sometimes the pot holes are almost the size of a crater. So keeping the tyre pressure lower than specified will help a bit in cushioning the ride quality & also not hampering the suspension as the tyre will absorb the bumps.

Can some one please elaborate on the pros & cons of keeping 32 psi all round / lower than company specified

Note : Running on 225/45 R18 Goodyear Excellence RFT setup
No. Counter intuitive.
Read my post above.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #26
KITT
Singapore

Drives: Black KITT F30 328i

Running on the following on my F30 328i

235/35ZP19" front
265/30ZP 19" Rear

How many psi am I looking @?