F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Usaa discount
ARMA SPEED

02-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
Thanks.

I see the offers here: http://usaa2.zag.com/promo1.html?pro...ewer.promo.bmw

But what I don't see/read is anything about the amount of rebate if you finance using BMWFS. Am I just missing it, or is there another page I should be looking at?
I think the USAA site used to qualify the discount drop if you're using BMW FS, but I don't see it now. Just print that page out, and make the dealer show you some written proof to the contrary.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Quote:
Thanks.

I see the offers here: http://usaa2.zag.com/promo1.html?pro...ewer.promo.bmw

But what I don't see/read is anything about the amount of rebate if you finance using BMWFS. Am I just missing it, or is there another page I should be looking at?
When you click "VIEW OFFERS", another pop-up window appears with the amounts listed. $1500 for the 3 series is listed. As stated above though, the 320i is $1000.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
dzaborn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i GC

I just got off the phone with USAA. Unfortunately, they did confirm that the BMW offer/rebate has dropped to $500 on all vehicles when financing outside USAA (i.e. with BMWFS).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #26
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
I just got off the phone with USAA. Unfortunately, they did confirm that the BMW offer/rebate has dropped to $500 on all vehicles when financing outside USAA (i.e. with BMWFS).
Sucks.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
F30Alpine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine3

USAA is losing their clout, need to squeeze another nickel out of the dealer
Long story short. He was a huge black male. Probably 6'2" or taller and 250 lbs. He was angry as hell, and I am a tiny 5'4 white male. So, I did the only thing I could, I threw my car into reverse and no one was behind me, and I drove thru the red light as I went around him.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #28
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

damn! well, that totally sucks.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
socotra123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i; 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
As far as I know, all discounts are applied before taxes unless your state is offering some sort of tax abatement. Generally, the lower the car price, the lower the sales/excise/titling (depending on which state you live in) tax, although some jurisdictions base part of their taxes on the car's weight. Dealers and manufacturers are fully within their bounds to raise/lower the car price. They have no authority to alter the tax rate. That lack of authority is why discounts are before applying the tax.
it depends on the state. the tax rate has nothing to do with it, but where they put discounts, rebates, trade ins etc does. Your profile lists DC, so I will use two examples from your surrounding area:

Maryland, tax is "based on the agreed upon price of the vehicle by the buyer and the seller including any dealer processing charge, with an allowance for trade-in consideration. Manufacturer rebates are taxable, however dealer rebates and discounts are not. All rebate, trade-in, or discount information must be clearly marked on the bill of sale."

wherease Virginia tax is "based on the gross sales price price after the manufacturers' discounts or dealer price discounts. Gross sales price does not include any other price reductions, such as credit for trade-ins, rebates, unpaid liens or other unpaid credits."

The USAA rebate is not a manufacturer discount, but a check USAA gives the dealership for agreeing to give you a certain USAA pricing of the vehicle. You can't be charged a tax on something you aren't being given and the dealership can't collect a tax on something they are being given--at least not a sales/excise tax. In either MD or VA, the USAA discount the dealership is going to get reimbursed for would be applied after tax.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
socotra123
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
damn! well, that totally sucks.
i'm sure they or any of the military/govt related credit unions will have further incentives.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #31
socotra123
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
are you sure it is for all outside financing or financing with MBWFS? You got $500 less if you financed with MBWFS, but still got the max discount if you financed with either USAA or another bank other than MBWFS.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #32
dzaborn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by socotra123 View Post
are you sure it is for all outside financing or financing with MBWFS? You got $500 less if you financed with MBWFS, but still got the max discount if you financed with either USAA or another bank other than MBWFS.
If you finance with USAA, the amount of rebate/incentive is different depending on the model you are buying. If you finance outside of USAA, the rebate is only $500 for all models. I believe this is correct. It makes sense, as the whole program is so that USAA can gain your financing business.
Appreciate 0