F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M Performance Exhaust Impact on Performance
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #23
buildbright
Captain
13

 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i BMW F30 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Hmmm was about to pull the trigger on one of these things, but now wondering if there's a benefit to getting the GT high flow downpipe and keep the stock exhaust.
Highflow downpipe and performance exhaust would be best.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
bananachipz
Captain
18

 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada


Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Hmmm was about to pull the trigger on one of these things, but now wondering if there's a benefit to getting the GT high flow downpipe and keep the stock exhaust.
LOL.. you're on FIRE!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
Balzz
Captain
Canada
15

 
Drives: 2012 Havana F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Exhaust on the way...just waiting to see if the highflow downpipe error issues can be resolved...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #26
spideypm
Private
2

 
Drives: 2013' 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Taiwan


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Exhaust on the way...just waiting to see if the highflow downpipe error issues can be resolved...
I have both the GT HFC downpipe and performance exhaust. No CEL issue for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #27
Balzz
Captain
Canada
15

 
Drives: 2012 Havana F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
I have both the GT HFC downpipe and performance exhaust. No CEL issue for me.
There are a few posters in the GT downpipe thread reporting codes thrown though.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
58

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Exhaust on the way...just waiting to see if the highflow downpipe error issues can be resolved...
I have both the GT HFC downpipe and performance exhaust. No CEL issue for me.
How's the sound and speed?
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #29
nsquared
[Versatile]
37

 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah


Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
I have both the GT HFC downpipe and performance exhaust. No CEL issue for me.
Post a vid.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #30
spideypm
Private
2

 
Drives: 2013' 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Taiwan


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
I have both the GT HFC downpipe and performance exhaust. No CEL issue for me.
Post a vid.
I'm getting the stock downpipe reinstalled tomorrow to do a baseline testing then put the GT downpipe back for a comparison.... it feels like I was having some issues with my first time installing the downpipe...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
spideypm
Private
2

 
Drives: 2013' 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Taiwan


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

I will gather the numbers and perhaps shoot some vids tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
Balzz
Captain
Canada
15

 
Drives: 2012 Havana F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
spideypm, you will either save, or cost me another 700 bucks lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
spideypm
Private
2

 
Drives: 2013' 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Taiwan


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz
spideypm, you will either save, or cost me another 700 bucks lol.
Either way I'm happy to help!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #34
buildbright
Captain
13

 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i BMW F30 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
Either way I'm happy to help!
Thanks for the comparison.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #35
nsquared
[Versatile]
37

 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah


Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
I'm getting the stock downpipe reinstalled tomorrow to do a baseline testing then put the GT downpipe back for a comparison.... it feels like I was having some issues with my first time installing the downpipe...
Do it quickly!
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #36
GTM_Challenge
United_States
180

 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 2,788
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
There are a few posters in the GT downpipe thread reporting codes thrown though.
Currently it was only one person. At last check, it had actually gone off. We are working with the customer closely to solve the prob if it comes up again though. This is the only case we are aware of.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #37
Jackson743
Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Right and right!

I had the exhaust installed yesterday (didn't do it myself, $70 at the local muffler shop) and overall I'm very happy with it. As dd1981 said, it's NOT lighter but I love the way it sounds! It's deeper but not raspy. I can hear it now inside the car but it doesn't "drone". The best part (obviously) is when I get on it hard and click off full throttle up shifts........YES! It sounds awesome...every shift delivers a race car like snort between gears and downshifts sound even better. Someone said this exhaust is "a lot of money for some noise" but for me, it was money well spent. The stock car was just tooooooooo quiet.
Hey Alpine,

I met you at that Mod Bargains meet. I was admiring your car as you parked. I finally did my ED and got my EBII F30 a week ago. I slapped on new wheels and tires at Mod Bargains last Sat.

I got the M-Performance exhaust, as well. I have about 800 miles on it and the sounds is only now coming in. And only really noticeable in Sport+. I'm still breaking the engine in and not rev'ing past 4000.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #38
Alpine F31
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33

 
Alpine F31's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA


Posts: 1,810
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
Hey Alpine,

I met you at that Mod Bargains meet. I was admiring your car as you parked. I finally did my ED and got my EBII F30 a week ago. I slapped on new wheels and tires at Mod Bargains last Sat.

I got the M-Performance exhaust, as well. I have about 800 miles on it and the sounds is only now coming in. And only really noticeable in Sport+. I'm still breaking the engine in and not rev'ing past 4000.
I remember. Wow your car looks awesome! Congratulations! I want to hear about your ED!
Lets meet up when you get your car all broken in. PM me.
__________________
2013 328i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #39
spideypm
Private
2

 
Drives: 2013' 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Taiwan


Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Thanks for the comparison.
Um..... While I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures and vids here..... Here are the numbers I got today... Here in Taiwan folks like to measure performance of the cars by timing 100KM to 200KM runs..... I got 15 sec flat running stock DP and 13.5 secs running with HFC DP.

Question: when doing runs? does putting the car in sports mode affect the timing vs. running the car in comfort mode?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #40
Balzz
Captain
Canada
15

 
Drives: 2012 Havana F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Currently it was only one person. At last check, it had actually gone off. We are working with the customer closely to solve the prob if it comes up again though. This is the only case we are aware of.
Thanks! Good to know!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #41
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
58

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm View Post
Um..... While I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures and vids here..... Here are the numbers I got today... Here in Taiwan folks like to measure performance of the cars by timing 100KM to 200KM runs..... I got 15 sec flat running stock DP and 13.5 secs running with HFC DP.

Question: when doing runs? does putting the car in sports mode affect the timing vs. running the car in comfort mode?
of course...shifts are quicker, holds rev's longer, etc.
Sport/+ mode for true engine/handling performance...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #42
nsquared
[Versatile]
37

 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah


Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (0)

Sport+ mode in the snow = 360s breh.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST