F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW "buying" my car back . . . EBII w/ Black or AW w/ Coral Red?
MINHS Auto Care Center
View Poll Results: EBII w/ Black or AW w/ Coral Red?
EBII w/ Black (Again) 31 31.31%
AW w/ Coral Red 68 68.69%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

BMW "buying" my car back . . . EBII w/ Black or AW w/ Coral Red?

So BMW is buying back my 2013 F30 335i M-Sport. My electric cooling fan has failed twice. My brakes are squealing worse than ever (after already having been replaced twice). I can't sync my iPhone contacts list. My comfort access is faulty (can't unlock or lock car with the driver's side door handle). One of my tail lights was replaced early on because the housing was defective (the tail light was literally hanging off the truck lid). I have rust on my seat frames. The list goes on.

Both my dealer and BMW have handled the situation brilliantly. I'm very, very satisfied with the service I've received. Both my local dealer and BMW, unbeknownst to me, worked together to order me a brand new car (optioned identically) within a week of my asking them to explore the buyback option. It will be delivered in March.

As much as I enjoyed my EBII w/ Black leather interior combination, I'm thinking of changing it up. I know that I am the one that has to make the ultimate determination regarding the exterior/interior color scheme, but I wanted to post a poll in order to get some feedback that will aid me in my decision regarding what I want the replacement to look like.

I'm obviously very familiar with what the EBII w/ Black leather interior combination looks like. However, I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of those who have an AW M-Sport with Coral Red interior. Pictures would be great as well.

In sum, should I get another EBII w/ Black leather interior or change it up and opt for an AW w/ Coral Red interior?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
J-boogey
Major
J-boogey's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,303
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi Msport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oceanside, New York

iTrader: (2)

stick with the black, my brakes are still squeaking.. brought it in once, it improved a little bit but still squeak.. my passenger seat squeaks randomly and the dashboard.. No rust under the seats. We are the guinea pigs of the F30 msport
__________________
2013 F30 335i xdrive | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Hexagon trim | M-Sport | Cold weather | DHP | Premium package | Tech package | Harmon Kardon | PDC | Rearview Cam | IND Painted reflectors | BMW performance grills | JB4 stage 2 | ER downpipe | BMS Intake | H&R sport springs
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-boogey View Post
stick with the black, my brakes are still squeaking.. brought it in once, it improved a little bit but still squeak.. my passenger seat squeaks randomly and the dashboard.. No rust under the seats. We are the guinea pigs of the F30 msport
Thanks for the input. Sorry to hear about your brakes. Very frustrating that so many of us M-Sport owners are having to deal with that. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge problem but it's one that shouldn't exist on a $50k car.

I never had one single problem/malfunction with my two previous 335i sedans (an '07 w/ Dinan Stage II and a '10 Le Mans Blue M-Sport w/ Dinan Stage II). I guess it was destiny to have a lemon this time around haha.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
tony20009
Brigadier General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
4,601
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Go for the red. It's striking and uncommon. Plus, what car doesn't look sporty when it has red seats?

The black is nice, no doubt there. But you and mostly everyone else who buys the car will have black seats. If you get a red interior, you are telling everyone you do things your way and that you don't care what other folks have to say about it. (Folks with black seats may be of the same frame of mind, but one wouldn't be able to presume that be so based on the color of their car's seats.)

Besides, it's hardly going to be your last car. (At least we hope it won't.) Go for it and get the red seats.

I have coral red on my car now and I can tell you for a fact people are constantly, even now, to say nothing of when I first got it, saying how much they really like the red. They just love the contrast and with the aluminum trim it's super sporty.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #5
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
45
Rep
3,468
Posts

 
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
In sum, should I get another EBII w/ Black leather interior or change it up and opt for an AW w/ Coral Red interior?

Thanks in advance.
I may be able to assist. Just last week a few of us in the Australia thread finally met up in Melbourne to the launch of the Melbourne shop of an importer & distributor of car washing, cleaning & care products.

I rocked up in my EB car, another in his black M-Sport, another in white and another has ordered his car in yet another colour.

When they saw my car, they were smitten by the fact that EB is THE standout colour (color), which enhances the M-Sport lines & shape best. So from those with other colours, they each thought EB was THE one to get. They were most impressed. The one who has his car on order was literally going to change to EB if he was able to.
__________________
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
fookie
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: Uber-wagen
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

As awkward as the combo sounds, how about EBII and Coral Red? A couple of people on here have spec'd out their MSport this way and it looks pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
Falafel Combo
I can't heel toe!
Falafel Combo's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 6MT 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northeast USA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2013 f30 335i  [5.00]
2012 e92 M3  [5.00]
2013 f30 335i  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [5.00]
2003 e46 330xi  [4.00]
^


Yeah, I personally like it. Certainly not for everyone. My e90 was black on black, and this is a much needed departure. The Coral Red is not at all obnoxious in person, by the way. Check out my garage for more pics.

Sorry to hear about your car. :/

.
Name:  IMG_0828.jpg
Views: 3814
Size:  270.0 KB
__________________
e90
f30
e92 ///M

f30
f80 ///M
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Go for the red. It's striking and uncommon. Plus, what car doesn't look sporty when it has red seats?
Good point. I do think the red goes particularly well with the M-Sport package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post

. . . When they saw my car, they were smitten by the fact that EB is THE standout colour (color), which enhances the M-Sport lines & shape best. So from those with other colours, they each thought EB was THE one to get. They were most impressed. The one who has his car on order was literally going to change to EB if he was able to.
EBII definitely attracts attention. Just this past Friday, I was walking out to my car to head to lunch and there were three dudes standing around my car in the parking lot (one peering in the driver side window, one taking pictures on his camera phone, and the other one appeared to be checking out the exhaust). I've never rolled up on anything like that with any other car I've owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookie View Post
As awkward as the combo sounds, how about EBII and Coral Red? A couple of people on here have spec'd out their MSport this way and it looks pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORALLROT View Post
^


Yeah, I personally like it. Certainly not for everyone. My e90 was black on black, and this is a much needed departure. The Coral Red is not at all obnoxious in person, by the way. Check out my garage for more pics.

Sorry to hear about your car. :/
I actually think that combination does look pretty good. Thanks for the pic.

I'm pretty set on either AW/Red or EBII/Black at this point.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Frencholivier
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
107
Posts

 
Drives: F30 LCI :)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greater NYC

iTrader: (0)

I assume that they gave you a good discount on the new car, right? Riiiiiight?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frencholivier View Post
I assume that they gave you a good discount on the new car, right? Riiiiiight?
I am working on having any discount being applied toward the installation of the M-Performance front lip, rear spoiler, and brakes (to go along with the M-Performance exhaust and black grilles, which I already have).
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Go for the red. It's striking and uncommon. Plus, what car doesn't look sporty when it has red seats?

The black is nice, no doubt there. But you and mostly everyone else who buys the car will have black seats. If you get a red interior, you are telling everyone you do things your way and that you don't care what other folks have to say about it. (Folks with black seats may be of the same frame of mind, but one wouldn't be able to presume that be so based on the color of their car's seats.)

Besides, it's hardly going to be your last car. (At least we hope it won't.) Go for it and get the red seats.

I have coral red on my car now and I can tell you for a fact people are constantly, even now, to say nothing of when I first got it, saying how much they really like the red. They just love the contrast and with the aluminum trim it's super sporty.
+1. I had Coral red and it was amazing. I put BMW Carbon Fiber everywhere....amazing. Be different. Every other car on the road had black int.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #12
LuisSF
Major
LuisSF's Avatar
25
Rep
1,472
Posts

 
Drives: '13 128i 6mt m-sport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Go BMW individual on the interior and get opal or brown and have BMW pay for it. Black is blah but EBII is just amazing. If not on the individual do the blue/red combo!
__________________
Would rather take the bus than drive an automatic.
2013 BMW 128i 6MT MGM/CR. M-sport/Premium/Cold, HK, Xenons, Fineline trim, Security System, BMW Assist, BMW SSK and PE. European Delivery 7-12-2013.
SOLD: 2007 BMW 328xi 6MT BSM/Terra
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...future+classic
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
leo89810
Enlisted Member
leo89810's Avatar
China
0
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

iTrader: (0)

nice look, love it
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
17
Rep
1,757
Posts

 
Drives: Too Many
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE PA

iTrader: (0)

White/red would be very nice. The red interior is really nice in person.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,145
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

I love the coral red.

If I could do it all over again, I would've probably:
Bought the MG.
Ordered it with a sport tranny.
Got it with the M Sport line.
And, of course, a Coral Red Interior.

I would port install the CF interior/M Perf Exhaust/Suspension too...

(When I bought on the lot, I had no idea that the M Perf line's would cater to only M Sport line).
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
73
Rep
4,239
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Best combo: EBII + Coral Red hide + Hexagon/Black Trim. Just like my Bavarian Beauty. Nothing comes close.

Please don't get a white fridge.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,145
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
So BMW is buying back my 2013 F30 335i M-Sport. My electric cooling fan has failed twice. My brakes are squealing worse than ever (after already having been replaced twice). I can't sync my iPhone contacts list. My comfort access is faulty (can't unlock or lock car with the driver's side door handle). One of my tail lights was replaced early on because the housing was defective (the tail light was literally hanging off the truck lid). I have rust on my seat frames. The list goes on.

Both my dealer and BMW have handled the situation brilliantly. I'm very, very satisfied with the service I've received. Both my local dealer and BMW, unbeknownst to me, worked together to order me a brand new car (optioned identically) within a week of my asking them to explore the buyback option. It will be delivered in March.

As much as I enjoyed my EBII w/ Black leather interior combination, I'm thinking of changing it up. I know that I am the one that has to make the ultimate determination regarding the exterior/interior color scheme, but I wanted to post a poll in order to get some feedback that will aid me in my decision regarding what I want the replacement to look like.

I'm obviously very familiar with what the EBII w/ Black leather interior combination looks like. However, I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of those who have an AW M-Sport with Coral Red interior. Pictures would be great as well.

In sum, should I get another EBII w/ Black leather interior or change it up and opt for an AW w/ Coral Red interior?

Thanks in advance.
I'll have to say, BMWNA really stepped up for me with my list of nagging issues...(rust under seats and other annoying crap). I'm obviously keeping my car, since issues weren't mechanical like you, but they offered me some additional add on's to my current car that are VERY welcomed.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
Seagull
Captain
Seagull's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
761
Posts

 
Drives: f30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

AW.... EBII has bad mojo for you.
__________________
Current: F30 - 335i AT M-Sport MPPK
Previous: E90 - 335xi MT, E90 - 330i MT, E46 - 330i MT
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
MY E90 Black on Beige, E91 Black on Black.. a few compliments.. F30 Mineral White W/ Coral Sportline... I have had it a month and had tons of compliments.. People stopping and looking at the car in parking lots..A neighbor stopped me and said he just bought a Mercedes before i got my car, and wished he had seen it before.. would have gotten a BMW like mine.The most beautiful car he has ever seen. Go for AW/Coral
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post

Please don't get a white fridge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
I'll have to say, BMWNA really stepped up for me with my list of nagging issues...(rust under seats and other annoying crap). I'm obviously keeping my car, since issues weren't mechanical like you, but they offered me some additional add on's to my current car that are VERY welcomed.
Glad to hear they took care of you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
EBII has bad mojo for you.
You've got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav2flynow View Post
MY E90 Black on Beige, E91 Black on Black.. a few compliments.. F30 Mineral White W/ Coral Sportline... I have had it a month and had tons of compliments.. People stopping and looking at the car in parking lots..A neighbor stopped me and said he just bought a Mercedes before i got my car, and wished he had seen it before.. would have gotten a BMW like mine.The most beautiful car he has ever seen. Go for AW/Coral
Thank you for the input. Appreciate it.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
azzurro
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

iTrader: (0)

Tough choice. The coral red seats with AW looks incredible. There was one at the dealer in the showroom when I picked my EB2 up and the red seats look even better in person. Go and look at this color combo and see what you think. The other thing I'd like to know about the red seats is how they wear relative to the black.

EB2 is a great, unique color and you'll never see a lot of them driving around. White cars are a dime a dozen but the red seats make it unique. We spend our time inside the car, not outside so which interior color maskes you "happy"?

You said it was between these two colors but Mineral Gray with the red seats also looks stunning. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #22
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i, E92 M3, F10 528i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gaffney, SC

iTrader: (5)

I have a 13' 335i AW M Sport with coral red interior. This is the best color choice available IMO. The white contrasts perfectly over black accents and just when you stopped drooling over the exterior you throw red into the mix .... It's a stunning combo.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST