F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Who else is on the Felicity Ace?
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
nikneo
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Who else is on the Felicity Ace?

Look like its finally hit Pacific waters. My car has been on this boat for 60 days today.. almost there.. almost there....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I was just about to ask the same question...I am and it's been delayed twice. Original port date of 2/6, then 2/8 and now 2/11. The anticipation is killing me!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
JPinky
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal


Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

I'm on it, been tracking it ever since it left Durban on 12/8. I placed my order on 11/4, was quoted 6-8 weeks. Gonna be 14 1/2. And of course we had to have the ship that also took 10 days to just sit in the water for maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
azzurro
First Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA


Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPinky View Post
I'm on it, been tracking it ever since it left Durban on 12/8. I placed my order on 11/4, was quoted 6-8 weeks. Gonna be 14 1/2. And of course we had to have the ship that also took 10 days to just sit in the water for maintenance.
I feel for you. You had a dumb CA just like I did on my original order on 10/15 who told me the same thing, 6-8 weeks.

When I realized he had no clue and that my car was going to be 3-4 months I bailed on my order and bought a better car on 12/6 that I've been driving for two months now.

The good news is that the car is awesome and you will love driving it. It's a shame about the SA builds and that BMW hasn't educated their dealerships as to how long it really takes. You will enjoy your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
greg-s
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2013 335 msport - enamored
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

I'm in the same boat... Completed production 11/2. 3 and half months of transit time just seems silly. In my quest to stay positive in this final stretch I've rationalized that there's little functional difference between a boat arriving today (Friday) at 2pm vs. Monday morning at 7am. I just hope its final 15 mile journey from Long Beach to the South Bay is a bit more brisk. Anyone care to give me an over/under on how long until it's ready for pickup?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-s View Post
I'm in the same boat... Completed production 11/2. 3 and half months of transit time just seems silly. In my quest to stay positive in this final stretch I've rationalized that there's little functional difference between a boat arriving today (Friday) at 2pm vs. Monday morning at 7am. I just hope its final 15 mile journey from Long Beach to the South Bay is a bit more brisk. Anyone care to give me an over/under on how long until it's ready for pickup?
I did not order my car, but my dealer located it in transit. For better or worse, I have only been waiting since January 22nd. That said, the anticipation is killing me, so I can only imagine how you feel! My dealer said that he flagged my car as a priority 1, meaning it will be one of the first checked out at the port. He still estimates that it will take 2-5 days from the date the car ports.

That is a long winded way of saying, I'm taking the over on 5 days...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
nikneo
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
I did not order my car, but my dealer located it in transit. For better or worse, I have only been waiting since January 22nd. That said, the anticipation is killing me, so I can only imagine how you feel! My dealer said that he flagged my car as a priority 1, meaning it will be one of the first checked out at the port. He still estimates that it will take 2-5 days from the date the car ports.

That is a long winded way of saying, I'm taking the over on 5 days...
I believe all ordered cars are marked as sold and have priority one. But yes, I was quoted another week after docking at Port. They do need to get it to the Bay area all the way from Oxnard after all..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
AZBMR
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ


Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

I'm on the same boat also. Ordered on 10/20 and was told 8-10 weeks. Today marks week 16
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
We are at the Port of Long Beach. Barring any set backs, our cars should make it to Port Hueneme tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
golf4hrs
New Member
United_States
0

 
golf4hrs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z4 35i ///M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southern California


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Yes, our vehicle is on the Felicity Ace, too and eagerly waiting for dealer delivery later this week. I understand the Felicity leaves Long Beach, CA at 4:06pm today. Tracking info states the ship will be in Port Hueneme, CA for 7 hours on 2/11/2013. Order date was ~10/15/2012. Originally quoted 6-8 weeks. My CA missed the expectation by a longshot. I expect to negotiate some hefty discounts on BMW Lifestyle items and further credits on the purchase price, in exchange for the long wait.

On a positive note, sometimes it pays to wait for a good thing. I read that the rust issue was resolved with early November production. I expect this corrective action to be in our favor. Maybe others can report any issues on their 3 series production models from Rosslyn, South Africa after actual delivery. Again, I would rather wait 16 weeks until all the quality issues were resolved than receive any surprises. IMHO, a BMW should be considered an investment and retain high residual value without any issues. If it does, then their business model will continue to grow with repeat buyers. I am planning a 2nd BMW purchase right after this one, if all goes well.

Last edited by golf4hrs; 02-13-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: error in city name for South Africa
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
nikneo
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4hrs View Post
Yes, our vehicle is on the Felicity Ace, too and eagerly waiting for dealer delivery later this week. I understand the Felicity leaves Long Beach, CA at 4:06pm today. Tracking info states the ship will be in Port Hueneme, CA for 7 hours on 2/11/2013. Order date was ~10/15/2012. Originally quoted 6-8 weeks. My CA missed the expectation by a longshot. I expect to negotiate some hefty discounts on BMW Lifestyle items and further credits on the purchase price, in exchange for the long wait.

On a positive note, sometimes it pays to wait for a good thing. I read that the rust issue was resolved with early November production. I expect this corrective action to be in our favor. Maybe others can report any issues on their 3 series production models from Regensburg, South Africa after acutal delivery. Again, I would rather wait 16 weeks until all the quality issues were resolved than receive any surprises. IMHO, a BMW should be considered an investment and retain high residual value without any issues. If it does, then their business model will continue to grow with repeat buyers. I am planning a 2nd BMW purchase right after this one, if all goes well.
agreed. the wait has been really tough. my original order date was 10/24 - my CA's estimate was off by 2 months haha. Gonna ask him to sweeten the pot to make up for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
We officially left Long Beach...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #13
nikneo
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
We officially left Long Beach...
Folks, she's finally arrived at port hueneme!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #14
JPinky
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal


Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Woohoo!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #15
okjohnho
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2013 f30 335i Sport Line
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA


Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

What's everyone waiting on? I ordered a 335i sport line 11/2, Production completed 11/22.

Like all of you I was quoted 6-8 weeks, been the most excruciating wait ever and this forum has been a godsend to pass the time.

Ordered from center bmw in Sherman Oaks, would my car be coming off in Long Beach or Port Hueneme?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
JPinky
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal


Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by okjohnho View Post
What's everyone waiting on? I ordered a 335i sport line 11/2, Production completed 11/22.

Like all of you I was quoted 6-8 weeks, been the most excruciating wait ever and this forum has been a godsend to pass the time.

Ordered from center bmw in Sherman Oaks, would my car be coming off in Long Beach or Port Hueneme?
I believe they all come off at Port Hueneme.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPinky View Post
I believe they all come off at Port Hueneme.
+1

Let's hope for a quick transport
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
nikneo
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
+1

Let's hope for a quick transport
yea I hope they get released from port right away. All the other times should be pretty deterministic (and short). I wonder at what point the online tracking status changes to 'final preparation'
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #19
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikneo View Post
yea I hope they get released from port right away. All the other times should be pretty deterministic (and short). I wonder at what point the online tracking status changes to 'final preparation'
It's my understanding that it could take a few days to get released from the port.

That said, has anyone heard that their car has arrived from their sales rep?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
nikneo
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
It's my understanding that it could take a few days to get released from the port.

That said, has anyone heard that their car has arrived from their sales rep?
nah - i've already written mine off as grossly uninformed.
but yea clearing customs and actually leaving port should take a few days at least
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Well. FA is on its way to the next destination. They better begin prepping our cars!

Btw...my sales rep emailed me to let me know the car is at the port.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #22
JPinky
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal


Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

So does anybody have any ideas for trying to negotiate a lower price for those of us with that were grossly misquoted on the wait time? I feel like I wouldn't have the guts to walk away on a bluff after waiting so long and that the CA must know how desperately we want the car after waiting so long for it. I was thinking of saying that I placed a (German) order at another dealer while waiting and that it is only a few weeks away or something. Honestly, I'm so tired of waiting I would probably buy without a lowered price. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST