F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Sunshade
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
anelson524
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
BMW Sunshade

Anyone know of a sunshade with good fitment and BMW logo on it for our F30? I had one for my Audi with the rings on it that was an authentic Audi accessory, now I need a BMW one but haven't seen one made by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
14
Rep
564
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Why not get one without the logo and save like $50? Any sunshade made by BMW will be marked up for the logo. Honestly if people are already seeing the car, I don't think seeing a sunshade in the car with the logo's going to do anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
Frogman's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
1,845
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

I got one of these and am very happy with it.

http://www.covercraft.com/uvs100.html

No logo, but you can ask them.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
live4wknds
Private First Class
1
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I got one of these and am very happy with it.

http://www.covercraft.com/uvs100.html

No logo, but you can ask them.
I have a rollup version of this shade and it's a hassle to use and store. I'll be ordering one of these soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
vern
Private First Class
2
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 335i Sport 2006 X3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Got mine at Walmart,$5.00+ Fits perfect and does a great job reflecting the sun. Good luck
cheers
vern
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Number
Number's Avatar
38
Rep
1,238
Posts

Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Rollup ones are PITA to store. I got one of the ones you twist up into a flat circle. It's quicker to use and it doesn't take up the whole back seat like the roll up ones do.

As far as the logo goes, that's your preference. Around here, it screams, "I'm a douche." However, it's the even bigger douches that you have to worry about; they actually key up cars like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
gtabfknkdnme
5 Star General
gtabfknkdnme's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
2,557
Posts

Drives: E82, F30
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (6)

Covercraft. It fits perfectly and is very high quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
14
Rep
564
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Though I am surprised that BMW doesn't make an OEM sunshade, considering they do have everything else.... from umbrellas to flashlights to coat-hangers...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
134
Rep
4,910
Posts

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I got one of these and am very happy with it.

http://www.covercraft.com/uvs100.html

No logo, but you can ask them.
I bought one of these yesterday. Black car + Texas summers means I need a quality shade, or I'll be suffering!
__________________
2016 M3 - on order for October 19th European Delivery
2013 ActiveHybrid 3 - current
2012 M3 coupe - sold
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
Ryan9095
Captain
Ryan9095's Avatar
19
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 2015 F33 428i Lux Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

I bought one from BMW at my dealer it was like $79. It says BMW in the middle in big black text.
__________________
2015 BMW 428i Luxury Line Convertible - Imperial Blue/Saddle Brown
2014 BMW i3-REX - Andesite Silver/Giga Cassia Leather
2014 BMW 650i Coupe - Alpine White/Black Nappa loaded
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport- Nero Carbonio/Cuoio
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #11
dzzy
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: F30 Edition 30
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Auckland, NZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Why not get one without the logo and save like $50? Any sunshade made by BMW will be marked up for the logo. Honestly if people are already seeing the car, I don't think seeing a sunshade in the car with the logo's going to do anything.
Absolutely.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
91
Rep
3,172
Posts

Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Personally i hate to advertise my car in such a way as to have the sunshade say BMW, or the license plate frame, or the personnalized plate, or anything extra beyond the number of logos the car came with.

If you dont know my car is a bmw, i dont need to point it out to you.
if you dont care about my car, i really have no interest in pointing out to you.
if you like my car, you already know what it is...
if you like my car, but you dont know what it is, i still dont care to inform you.

in short, i like my sunshade to only do one function, to block the sun.
not obnoxiously advertise my car
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
anelson524
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
382
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Personally i hate to advertise my car in such a way as to have the sunshade say BMW, or the license plate frame, or the personnalized plate, or anything extra beyond the number of logos the car came with.

If you dont know my car is a bmw, i dont need to point it out to you.
if you dont care about my car, i really have no interest in pointing out to you.
if you like my car, you already know what it is...
if you like my car, but you dont know what it is, i still dont care to inform you.

in short, i like my sunshade to only do one function, to block the sun.
not obnoxiously advertise my car
If you don't have an answer to my question, your response is of no use to me.
If your response is of no use to the topic, why say anything?
If I wanted your opinion on the topic, I would have asked for it.
You do not care to inform people of your car, but jump to the chance to voice your opinion when it is not wanted or needed.

in short I posted this thread to do one function, find information on a bmw sunshade.
not to hear what you think. but here is a smiley face
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
SJ00
Major
SJ00's Avatar
Australia
41
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson524 View Post
If you don't have an answer to my question, your response is of no use to me.
If your response is of no use to the topic, why say anything?
If I wanted your opinion on the topic, I would have asked for it.
You do not care to inform people of your car, but jump to the chance to voice your opinion when it is not wanted or needed.

in short I posted this thread to do one function, find information on a bmw sunshade.
not to hear what you think. but here is a smiley face
not here to make friends are ya ""
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Ryan9095
Captain
Ryan9095's Avatar
19
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 2015 F33 428i Lux Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

It's not about advertising the car it's obviously a BMW in the first place. He wants an authentic quality sunshade that will fit correctly not some cheap poorly made thing from ebay...

Go on BMW Accessories website and look for item "BMW UV Sunshade" item 82110399145. I bought it for my last generation coupe but it fits the F30 just fine. Good luck!
__________________
2015 BMW 428i Luxury Line Convertible - Imperial Blue/Saddle Brown
2014 BMW i3-REX - Andesite Silver/Giga Cassia Leather
2014 BMW 650i Coupe - Alpine White/Black Nappa loaded
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport- Nero Carbonio/Cuoio
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
14
Rep
564
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan9095 View Post
It's not about advertising the car it's obviously a BMW in the first place. He wants an authentic quality sunshade that will fit correctly not some cheap poorly made thing from ebay...

Go on BMW Accessories website and look for item "BMW UV Sunshade" item 82110399145. I bought it for my last generation coupe but it fits the F30 just fine. Good luck!
Actually he quite clearly states the BMW logo as a requirement, and goes further to give the example of his Audi one with logo.

For those requirements the older gen BMW UV sunshade may be your best bet, since none has been made for the F30 with the logo yet. Or, buy a custom fitted one from third party and stencil BMW onto it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #17
Evil_ss
Private
2
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 328 M
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brisbane Australia

iTrader: (0)

Genuine for F30
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=331433942192
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #18
BDWonder
First Lieutenant
19
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: 2014
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson524 View Post
Anyone know of a sunshade with good fitment and BMW logo on it for our F30? I had one for my Audi with the rings on it that was an authentic Audi accessory, now I need a BMW one but haven't seen one made by BMW.
Sorry dude. Havenít come across any such items yet. Not sure why folks are giving you hard time here. I totally get you. Youíd want something authentic from BMW, for your BMW. May it be a door pin highlighted with a BMW lettering/logo or tire stem valve cap with a BMW logo. Itís a matter of preference. It doesnít necessarily scream ďdoucheĒ or scream attention. Simply an item you have, to match your vehicle, that is also authentic. Itís a certain feeling. I get you dude. Some folks have other tastes, of course, however, do not need to be so vulgar and judgmental. If I come across such a shade, Iíll holler at you.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #19
x5mad
Major
x5mad's Avatar
39
Rep
1,233
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't mind a Bmw one myself. I know that it would fit properly and be of good quality.

Op never stated how big the Bmw logo should be. He could mean just a small roundell in the corner.

How many on here own apple product and prefer genuine accessory? No big deal
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #20
Edrin55
Enlisted Member
Edrin55's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 2013 Estoril Blue F30 M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

I got mine at the dealer. They had them on sale for $39.99

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #21
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
45
Rep
1,952
Posts

Drives: Too Many
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE PA

iTrader: (0)

The "BMW" shades are (or at least were) made by Covercraft.

Newsflash - the swag that you can buy from BMW with BMW roundels all over it is not made by BMW.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST