F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > 328 on H&R Sport Springs
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
ks200906
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

328 on H&R Sport Springs

I have M Suspension now and want to go with H&R Sport Springs.

Anyone on the 328i has any feedback please? I guess the feedback might be slightly different from 335i due to weight difference.

ks200906 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Luki
Poland approaching...
 
Luki's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW F10
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warsaw

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
I did change suspension on my previous e91.
I had m-sport suspension and changed it for eibach pro-system( springs and absorbers).
It was slighty lower at the begining , after som etime got a bit lower than on m-sport suspension.
Ride was a bit more stiffer.
I did like it hwoever if you expect that your car will be much lower that at present moment than go with other kit
__________________
F10, Styling 312, Black Grill
Luki is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
scott@bmwhn
Major
 
Drives: Msport 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,176
iTrader: (3)

I have the adaptive suspension with H&R sports and I have no complaints
__________________
13' Msport 328i _Mperformance - Modulare - H&R_

Previous: 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
scott@bmwhn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@bmwhn View Post
I have the adaptive suspension with H&R sports and I have no complaints
Do you think the H&R Super sports are too much for the OEM stocks to handle?
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
scott@bmwhn
Major
 
Drives: Msport 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,176
iTrader: (3)

I haven't seen anyone report any problems thus far but the supersports are to low for my personal preference
__________________
13' Msport 328i _Mperformance - Modulare - H&R_

Previous: 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
scott@bmwhn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@bmwhn View Post
I haven't seen anyone report any problems thus far but the supersports are to low for my personal preference
Do you think w/ the super sports the OEM shocks will go out much faster? Like 10-20k?
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
scott@bmwhn
Major
 
Drives: Msport 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,176
iTrader: (3)

I would venture to guess that it would shorten the life span of the suspension components...how long is beyond me.

....this is pure speculation though
__________________
13' Msport 328i _Mperformance - Modulare - H&R_

Previous: 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
scott@bmwhn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@bmwhn View Post
I would venture to guess that it would shorten the life span of the suspension components...how long is beyond me.

....this is pure speculation though
I see, thanks for the heads up. I wonder if I should exchange my super sports for just the regular sports.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
scott@bmwhn
Major
 
Drives: Msport 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,176
iTrader: (3)

to be fair, I should also add that even the H&R sports could shorten the life span of the factory suspension..granted not as much as the super sports

BMW engineered this cars suspension to operate under a specific geometry, I can only assume that changing only the springs to lower the car over 1" will change that geometry causing premature wear of the other factory suspension components...but again, I'm no engineer so take my thoughts and opinions for what you will
__________________
13' Msport 328i _Mperformance - Modulare - H&R_

Previous: 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
scott@bmwhn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #10
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@bmwhn View Post
to be fair, I should also add that even the H&R sports could shorten the life span of the factory suspension..granted not as much as the super sports

BMW engineered this cars suspension to operate under a specific geometry, I can only assume that changing only the springs to lower the car over 1" will change that geometry causing premature wear of the other factory suspension components...but again, I'm no engineer so take my thoughts and opinions for what you will
Thanks for the all the info. I know the OEM parts will wear faster, I'm just trying to gauge how fast considering there is no aftermarket shocks available yet.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
jcastle
Enlisted Member
 
jcastle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 320i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Anyone know how much lower would the M Sport suspension be with the H&R Sport Springs?
__________________
2013 BMW F30 320i - M-Sport, Alpine White, M Sport suspension and brakes, Sport AT, VSS, PDC, Xenon, High-beam assistant, Harman/Kardon, Extended BT, Rims 403M (summer 19") and 397 (winter 18"), M Performance: Exhaust, Rear Bumper Diffuser, Carbon fiber mirror caps, Carbon fiber rear spoiler, Black kidney grilles, Floor mats. 3M Brushed Black Metallic vinyl wrap roof.
jcastle is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #12
ks200906
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

I have installed the H&R Sports with my M Sport shock and so far so good. The lowering is about 1" (front) and 0.75" (rear) which give me a perfect height for my personal taste. Super Sports is too low for me.

Ride and handling so far with the H&R Sports have been good. I can feel that the car is more planted for sure. However, it might still be on the soft side causing similar level of body roll as my stock M Suspension kit. But the upside is that it's still relatively comfortabale for normal driving.

When there are more options out in the market, I might upgrade to a sports shock, e.g. Bilstein B8? That should give me a firmer ride and less body roll. Alternatively, an upgrade of ARB...

Anyone has any view on getting a sports shock vs ARB for a firmer ride and less roll? What are the pros and cons of each?
ks200906 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #13
nsquared
[Versatile]
 
nsquared's Avatar
 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (0)

Yeah the super sports are 1.3 (F) and 1.0 (Rear) right or something close to that.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
nsquared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks200906 View Post
I have installed the H&R Sports with my M Sport shock and so far so good. The lowering is about 1" (front) and 0.75" (rear) which give me a perfect height for my personal taste. Super Sports is too low for me.

Ride and handling so far with the H&R Sports have been good. I can feel that the car is more planted for sure. However, it might still be on the soft side causing similar level of body roll as my stock M Suspension kit. But the upside is that it's still relatively comfortabale for normal driving.

When there are more options out in the market, I might upgrade to a sports shock, e.g. Bilstein B8? That should give me a firmer ride and less body roll. Alternatively, an upgrade of ARB...

Anyone has any view on getting a sports shock vs ARB for a firmer ride and less roll? What are the pros and cons of each?
Would you mind posting a pic? Please? I would like to see how low it sits now? I am thinking about going with the Sport springs, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
__________________
Carolinagirl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #15
ks200906
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Some pics with H&R Sports installed. You might still see small gaps but when you look from a standing position, they are just right (for me).

Attached Images
   
ks200906 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #16
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks200906 View Post
Some pics with H&R Sports installed. You might still see small gaps but when you look from a standing position, they are just right (for me).

I like it! Looks great! Thanks for posting pics!!
__________________
Carolinagirl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
phishhead24
Lieutenant
 
phishhead24's Avatar
 
Drives: Claudia
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 555
iTrader: (0)

Here is my girl Claudia sitting on H&R Sport Springs as well. The ride is much more stable and I really feel like I am stuck to the road.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 F30 328i Sport Line
phishhead24 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST