F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Black grilles ordered - F31 / M Performance parts
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #67
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboss View Post
Ive got a black sapphire F31 M Sport on order, the back grills will look rather smart so i think i'm going to take the plunge when it arrives.
Just makes the car look a bit more exclusive in my view. When you see another one (which is not that common), be it X5, M3, 1 series... you think that guy has gone to the trouble.

I bought mine (genuine parts) from a German BMW dealer - Kohl.
Can send URL if interested, excellent service and a good price.

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #68
Steve_M_Sport
First Lieutenant
Steve_M_Sport's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
334
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Touring
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Wow, they've come down a lot... Last i heard they were 50+ for each side of the Grille, so ordered non oem ones from ebay instead... Oh well...

107 for a few minutes work to fit! Ludicrous...
Following clarification by the stealer the total price to supply and fit a pair of black grills is 109 inc VAT which is good value.

Order placed
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #69
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That's not a bad price including fitting.

For those who are keen to have a go... just to share this again...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=380435862946

107 euros delivered (promptly) from Germany.

Takes about 10 mins to fit when you know how, probably an hour if you don't.

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #70
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Anyone know if there is going to be an extended spoiler available for the F31 in the M performance gear due for release in Uk in March.

i.e. similiar to the one shown in Essen video
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #71
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Anyone know if there is going to be an extended spoiler available for the F31 in the M performance gear due for release in Uk in March.

i.e. similiar to the one shown in Essen video
Yes that is the roof spoiler, and I've heard it's only available when bought with the front splitter - but I have also heard this is not true either... so who knows!

Looking at this... it would appear to be true (e.g. you order the aerodynamics package):

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...21&hg=51&fg=95

51.19.2.291.407 - side sill l/h
51.19.2.291.404 - side sill r/h
51.19.2.240.983 - foil side sill
51.19.2.291.364 - front aerokit
51.19.2.291.418 - rear spoiler

Some UK dealer pricing...

405M wheels, 2.9k
Front spoiler 355
Rear spoiler 377
Sills 117 each
Decals 78 pair

Installation of all 300

+ VAT

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #72
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Yes that is the roof spoiler, and I've heard it's only available when bought with the front splitter - but I have also heard this is not true either... so who knows!

Looking at this... it would appear to be true (e.g. you order the aerodynamics package):

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...21&hg=51&fg=95

51.19.2.291.407 - side sill l/h
51.19.2.291.404 - side sill r/h
51.19.2.240.983 - foil side sill
51.19.2.291.364 - front aerokit
51.19.2.291.418 - rear spoiler

Some UK dealer pricing...

405M wheels, 2.9k
Front spoiler 355
Rear spoiler 377
Sills 117 each
Decals 78 pair

Installation of all 300

+ VAT

Mat
Ok thanks I will put this to my dealer tomorrow and he had no information on it
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #73
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Ok thanks I will put this to my dealer tomorrow and he had no information on it
Sorry do you know please if it is the same as the spoiler on the F31 launched as the M performance parts at the Essen which is on video?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #74
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Sorry do you know please if it is the same as the spoiler on the F31 launched as the M performance parts at the Essen which is on video?
Yes I am presuming so... but am still waiting for confirmation from my parts contact.

I am down to have the full kit as soon as it becomes available in the UK - which will hopefully be soon!

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #75
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Yes I am presuming so... but am still waiting for confirmation from my parts contact.

I am down to have the full kit as soon as it becomes available in the UK - which will hopefully be soon!

Mat
I am only going for the rear diffuser and the rear spoiler if it is available. Parts Manager has told me the diffuser will be available but does not know about a rear exteneded spoiler. He hopes the kit will be available in March

My build date has been confirmed at BW13 (25 March) with delivery mid-end April so should be time for the parts to become available I hope.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #76
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
I am only going for the rear diffuser and the rear spoiler if it is available. Parts Manager has told me the diffuser will be available but does not know about a rear exteneded spoiler. He hopes the kit will be available in March

My build date has been confirmed at BW13 (25 March) with delivery mid-end April so should be time for the parts to become available I hope.
Interesting, I've seen no information about a diffuser being available (well for 330d anyway).

Kohl Group sent me this some weeks ago:

"Hello,
Nobody could tell me, so I called M Performance directly. They told me that the frontsplitter will be presented at the "Essener Motoshow" and will go in production officially in march 2013. It is only possible to fit it in combination with the roofspoiler. So what should we do? I have to check if the sideskirts can be shipped with DHL, because of the size.
best regards
- kohl-gruppe "
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #77
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Interesting, I've seen no information about a diffuser being available (well for 330d anyway).

Kohl Group sent me this some weeks ago:

"Hello,
Nobody could tell me, so I called M Performance directly. They told me that the frontsplitter will be presented at the "Essener Motoshow" and will go in production officially in march 2013. It is only possible to fit it in combination with the roofspoiler. So what should we do? I have to check if the sideskirts can be shipped with DHL, because of the size.
best regards
- kohl-gruppe "
Yes the diffuser should be available in UK. There are some nice photos on the forum from USA an NZ
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #78
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Ok thanks I will put this to my dealer tomorrow and he had no information on it
I have been advised by my dealer the part number given above for the rear spoiler is the actual part number of the rear diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #79
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
I have been advised by my dealer the part number given above for the rear spoiler is the actual part number of the rear diffuser.
Looking on realOEM, I think I agree. Hopefully more info released soon.

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #80
Steve_M_Sport
First Lieutenant
Steve_M_Sport's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
334
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Touring
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have the part number for a rear spoiler for an F31 Touring ? Also any photos of the spoiler fitted on an EB11 Touring ? Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #81
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Does anyone have the part number for a rear spoiler for an F31 Touring ? Also any photos of the spoiler fitted on an EB11 Touring ? Cheers.
I have been attempting to find out about a rear spolier for the F31.

There was one on the M performance launch car at the Essen Show however my dealer has told there is no information on a rear spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #82
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Does anyone have the part number for a rear spoiler for an F31 Touring ? Also any photos of the spoiler fitted on an EB11 Touring ? Cheers.
Check this link for photos:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757660
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #83
Sweeper
Private First Class
Latvia
5
Rep
186
Posts

 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Mat : Weather conditions is still cr@p , so i can't make proper pics.

But you can get the idea
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #84
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Very nice

The parts are due for release next month in UK. BMW are doing a quarterly sales push on them I'm told.

Patiently waiting... to help with this I ordered and fitted the carbon mirror covers on the M3 last Friday, was getting cold turkey!

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #85
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Very nice

The parts are due for release next month in UK. BMW are doing a quarterly sales push on them I'm told.

Patiently waiting... to help with this I ordered and fitted the carbon mirror covers on the M3 last Friday, was getting cold turkey!

Mat
I thought the parts would be available March 2013???
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #86
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
18
Rep
582
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
I thought the parts would be available March 2013???
Yeah so did I... but been told its next month now.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #87
Sweeper
Private First Class
Latvia
5
Rep
186
Posts

 
Drives: X5 E70 , X5 E53 , R8 , F30 M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Mat : If you want i can probably get you a set if they are so slow in UK
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #88
BartB
New Member
BartB's Avatar
Netherlands
2
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E93 335i 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Diffuser looks very good!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST