F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > M3 Guy's 2013 Estoril Blue Msport Journal
MINHS Auto Care Center
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #375
Carlos@MORR
First Lieutenant
Carlos@MORR's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: Individual E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (1)

:c lap:


Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
13


14


15


16


17


18


19


20


21


22


23


24



Let me know which ones you guys like so I can delete the others. One of the perks of having a journal is being able to post a bunch of horrible pics lol...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #376
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
infinitekid2002's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
3,400
Posts

 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Someone needs a 1013 photo shoot!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #377
m3 guy
Major
m3 guy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
:c lap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Someone needs a 1013 photo shoot!
Thanks guys! If I'm going to do another shoot I will have to get some new shoes for it first...
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #378
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
I still can't stand the smell of catless, but if you can, maybe it's the better option for you.
Never had a catless dp so I wouldn't know either.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #379
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
Jeff_in_Oviedo's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F30 335 M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oviedo, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Never had a catless dp so I wouldn't know either.
I used to have a catless dp on my 2002 WRX, and it smelled a little like cat urine. It has been many years now so I can't remember the smell as if I had just smelled it, but do remember how i would describe it. After being cat-less for a few years, I switched over to a catted downpipe, made by Helix. I didn't notice any drop in power, and the smell went away. If you have the money to spend, I would recommend getting the HFC version, you most likely won't notice a significant power difference. I believe somewhere on here the difference is quoted as around 5 hp. When you are putting down 300-400whp, 5 hp here or there isn't really a huge deal, in my opinion.
__________________
Delivered!: 2013 F30 335i M Sport, 8-speed Sport Trans, Estoril Blue/Coral Red, 403M, Premium Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Driver Assist Pkg, HK Sound, Enhanced BT & USB
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #380
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Oviedo View Post
I used to have a catless dp on my 2002 WRX, and it smelled a little like cat urine. It has been many years now so I can't remember the smell as if I had just smelled it, but do remember how i would describe it. After being cat-less for a few years, I switched over to a catted downpipe, made by Helix. I didn't notice any drop in power, and the smell went away. If you have the money to spend, I would recommend getting the HFC version, you most likely won't notice a significant power difference. I believe somewhere on here the difference is quoted as around 5 hp. When you are putting down 300-400whp, 5 hp here or there isn't really a huge deal, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Never had a catless dp so I wouldn't know either.
Catless = Stank Nuggets... It really is a strong stinky smell. I've had two cars catless and I didn't like having my kids in the car w/ the door open or windows down when the car was running b/c I could feel them inhaling the polution. Plus its impossible to keep your pipes clean. I agree that it might be a 5hp loss using a hfc instead.
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #381
m3 guy
Major
m3 guy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Whatever wekfest pics surface I will post here





__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #382
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Oviedo View Post
I used to have a catless dp on my 2002 WRX, and it smelled a little like cat urine. It has been many years now so I can't remember the smell as if I had just smelled it, but do remember how i would describe it. After being cat-less for a few years, I switched over to a catted downpipe, made by Helix. I didn't notice any drop in power, and the smell went away. If you have the money to spend, I would recommend getting the HFC version, you most likely won't notice a significant power difference. I believe somewhere on here the difference is quoted as around 5 hp. When you are putting down 300-400whp, 5 hp here or there isn't really a huge deal, in my opinion.
Thanks for the info.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Catless = Stank Nuggets... It really is a strong stinky smell. I've had two cars catless and I didn't like having my kids in the car w/ the door open or windows down when the car was running b/c I could feel them inhaling the polution. Plus its impossible to keep your pipes clean. I agree that it might be a 5hp loss using a hfc instead.
I see, I see. I think once I get my electric fan fixed I will get some power mods.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #383
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Whatever wekfest pics surface I will post here

That's one of my favorite pics so far.... BTW, next time I'm in Hawaii, I owe you a drink. Finally installed my DP today I haven't driven it yet but I did start it and it sounds pretty dang good. Maybe 10% louder.
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #384
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,788
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats on getting 2nd!

Car looks SO FREAKING mean!
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #385
m3 guy
Major
m3 guy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
That's one of my favorite pics so far.... BTW, next time I'm in Hawaii, I owe you a drink. Finally installed my DP today I haven't driven it yet but I did start it and it sounds pretty dang good. Maybe 10% louder.
Mine too. Glad the dp install went well. You use the super glue trick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Congrats on getting 2nd!

Car looks SO FREAKING mean!
Thanks man! It's no M but it's still a blast. This turbo stuff is addicting.
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #386
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Mine too. Glad the dp install went well. You use the super glue trick?
Yes I did and it worked well. I actually ended up not even using a bolt on the upper bracket b/c the sensor was so close to the bolt that I couldn't get a socket on it. So I just knocked it out of the super glued housing.

No harm though. The brackets are far enough apart that there shouldn't be any rattling or anything. I drove it around for a bit and I'm loving it so far.

__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #387
TomasCro
Enlisted Member
TomasCro's Avatar
1
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

stunning !!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #388
Monstr6
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: poconos PA

iTrader: (0)

any videos of the exhaust? im looking to buy the same one just want to hear some more sound clips of it, i can only find one or two.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #389
Rennfahrer
TEAM BMW HAWAII
Rennfahrer's Avatar
1
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nürburgring

iTrader: (1)

Kimo! It was a great show, everyone's bmws looked great and I knew you would place. Congrats again on the win

i found a couple more pics from wekfest for you

here's a nice one of your stunning F30




and here's one with the whole team

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #390
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

^
Amazing.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #391
Andy@MORR
Andy@MORR's Avatar
10
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Doral, FL

iTrader: (-1)

Simply STUNNING! Perfect stance, perfect mods, perfect everything. This is a benchmark of an F30!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #392
m3 guy
Major
m3 guy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasCro View Post
stunning !!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstr6 View Post
any videos of the exhaust? im looking to buy the same one just want to hear some more sound clips of it, i can only find one or two.
Not yet. I want to make a video with something better than an iphone. Unless you guys really want iphone quality sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennfahrer View Post
Kimo! It was a great show, everyone's bmws looked great and I knew you would place. Congrats again on the win
Thanks Mark! Your car was looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
^
Amazing.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@MORR View Post
Simply STUNNING! Perfect stance, perfect mods, perfect everything. This is a benchmark of an F30!
Thanks Andy! Couldn't have done it without your support. Can't wait to work on another set of wheels with you guys.
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #393
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Not yet. I want to make a video with something better than an iphone. Unless you guys really want iphone quality sound...
I'd definitely like to hear some iphone quality sound as a short term fix
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #394
Monstr6
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: poconos PA

iTrader: (0)

[quote=m3 guy;13539566]Thanks!



Not yet. I want to make a video with something better than an iphone. Unless you guys really want iphone quality sound...




Yes please make a vid im itching to buy an exhaust just dont want to make the wrong decision
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #395
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
353
Rep
26,256
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Can't believe I've missed this thread.

Your F30 looks amazing, I like the partly painted front lip.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #396
m3 guy
Major
m3 guy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
I'd definitely like to hear some iphone quality sound as a short term fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstr6 View Post
Yes please make a vid im itching to buy an exhaust just dont want to make the wrong decision
I'll see what I can do then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Can't believe I've missed this thread.

Your F30 looks amazing, I like the partly painted front lip.
It happens

Thanks for the compliments!
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST