F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Automatic locking

02-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
venkata
Lieutenant

Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII

Automatic locking

While in a locked state, if the car is unlocked from the fob but the doors have not been opened will the car lock itself again after a set time?

My E46 never did this, but my wife's older Toyota Corollo did this. Has come in handy a few times as have accidentally unlocked the car. be nice to see if the F30 does this
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
venkata is offline   United Kingdom
      02-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
rjberry
Captain

Drives: Moonstone 335d XDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
While in a locked state, if the car is unlocked from the fob but the doors have not been opened will the car lock itself again after a set time?

My E46 never did this, but my wife's older Toyota Corollo did this. Has come in handy a few times as have accidentally unlocked the car. be nice to see if the F30 does this
I'm pretty sure it does.

I have comfort access so can't even be bothered to press the button on the fob however, when washing the car the other weekend the car unlock would be triggered but by the time I'd moved on to the next panel the doors had locked themselves again

335d XDrive M Sport Moonstone with Black Merino Leather interior
rjberry is offline   United Kingdom
      02-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
venkata
Lieutenant

Lol. The comfort access did scare me a little. Wasn't sure how far I had to be to ensure car remains locked.
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
      02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
rjberry
Captain

Drives: Moonstone 335d XDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Lol. The comfort access did scare me a little. Wasn't sure how far I had to be to ensure car remains locked.
It did take some getting used to. I won't admit to forgetting the keys to begin with and wondering why it wouldn't work

Also, remembering to lock the car too rather than just walk off pressing the button as I went certainly helped.

I'm pretty much used to it now, most of the times

335d XDrive M Sport Moonstone with Black Merino Leather interior
rjberry is offline   United Kingdom
      02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
f1swk
Second Lieutenant

Drives: f31 330d

Quote:

in the menu you can set it to do that, open all doors or drivers only are the other options you can select
      02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
venkata
Lieutenant

So I presume if you wanted all doors to open you press the fob twice? Even better!!!!