F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > EBII (Estoril Blue II) touch up paint not available in the US?
Steve Thomas BMW

11-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #23
DarkTrigger
Professional

Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktctr
Yes...with the ignition off, pull up on the wiper switch for approx. 3 seconds. They will cycle once and then stay in the up position. You will then be able to flip them out.

To return to normal, flip the wipers back down against the windshield and then, with the ignition on, push down on the wiper switch once and it should return to their normal resting position.

This is also in the manual under the wiper section I believe as well.
Are you kidding me? Wow. I cannot believe you have to go through all that hassle. Thanks though!! Still trying to figure out how to use the manual in the idrive.
DarkTrigger is offline   United_States
      11-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #24
DarkTrigger
Professional

Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktctr View Post
Yes...with the ignition off, pull up on the wiper switch for approx. 3 seconds. They will cycle once and then stay in the up position. You will then be able to flip them out.

To return to normal, flip the wipers back down against the windshield and then, with the ignition on, push down on the wiper switch once and it should return to their normal resting position.

This is also in the manual under the wiper section I believe as well.
Thank you!!!
DarkTrigger is offline   United_States
      01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #25
Shep1
Private

Drives: 335i msport;135i m convertible

I am also a big supporter of the clear bra for saving the front end of the car. Have it on both of my cars and on former cars (it is on the lower part of the hood, the bumper, lights and mirrors). Never had a problem with it yellowing - but apparently this will happen if some kinds of waxes are used.

Here are photos of both of my cars. The 335 photos were taken just after Optiguard was applied in December. It went on over the clear bra as well as the rest of the car. The 135 is a sun car as it is a convertible - that car is 3.5 years old and no yellowing of the clear bra...
Attached Images

Shep1 is offline   Canada
      01-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #26
Shep1
Private

Drives: 335i msport;135i m convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep1 View Post
I am also a big supporter of the clear bra for saving the front end of the car. Have it on both of my cars and on former cars (it is on the lower part of the hood, the bumper, lights and mirrors). Never had a problem with it yellowing - but apparently this will happen if some kinds of waxes are used.

Here are photos of both of my cars. The 335 photos were taken just after Optiguard was applied in December. It went on over the clear bra as well as the rest of the car. The 135 is a sun car as it is a convertible - that car is 3.5 years old and no yellowing of the clear bra...
attaching the 135 photo again - the file was too large the first time I tried.
Attached Images

Shep1 is offline   Canada
      01-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
Sharp_Cai
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

I am planning to do the clear bra too. I was quoted for 800+ with front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors. Here is the link for the shop.
http://www.eliteautofilms.com/gallery.html
      02-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #28
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Bump.

Got the touch up paint. Can anyone confirm the paint code listed on the package?

Mine says 335, Estoril Blue Metallic
      05-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
estoril335
Private

Drives: 2013 335i estoril blue on red!

Thats funny.
Ive had A copule chips too in under 1 week. Maybe is the type of paint? Or maybe te paint is new and prone to chip easier?

I'm getting the wrap right now as well.
estoril335 is offline   United_States
      04-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #30
hknite
Bimmer Addict

Drives: F30 335ix Msport

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but has anyone had any luck finding the B45 touch up paint lately? I called a few dealerships and no luck so far. Only the first Estoril blue (code 335) is available.

Last edited by hknite; 04-17-2014 at 04:40 PM.
hknite is offline   United_States