F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20 and N26 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N26 Dyno results
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
480
Rep
15,045
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

N26 Dyno results

There has been some questions on how the N26 dynos stock and how it responds to the BMS JB Stage1 tuning. Here are some dyno results from a customers car. Solid gains on pump and on race gas settings very impressive considering this car is 100% stock other than the tune with 3000 miles on the clock. The best part was it only took them 3 minutes to install the tune on the car while it was strapped down.

__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Joshhleee
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328 jet black/coral sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

love it.. can't wait to get mine installed! Any tips on install for the n26 ? Don't we have to leave something unplugged.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
ZmmF30xi
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi M sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Yeah! You leave the turbo waste gate actuator connection off!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
Joshhleee
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328 jet black/coral sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmmF30xi View Post
Yeah! You leave the turbo waste gate actuator connection off!
got any pictures? LOL.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
ilaggoodish
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 328
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: China

iTrader: (0)

good number
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
18
Rep
648
Posts

 
Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Honestly, a manual will prob have higher dyno numbers!! This car deff has madd potentials!
__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
DR.Nefario
Private First Class
DR.Nefario's Avatar
7
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Dakar Yellow M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Is there a separate tune available for the race gas?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
ZmmF30xi
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi M sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Joshhleee



Quote:




Originally Posted by ZmmF30xi

Yeah! You leave the turbo waste gate actuator connection off!

got any pictures? LOL.
just dont connect the blue cable! all the other ones are connected....
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
Adceleratus
Private First Class
Adceleratus's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport Estoril Blue II
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmdgee View Post
Honestly, a manual will prob have higher dyno numbers!! This car deff has madd potentials!
Forgive my ignorance but why is it that a manual would have better dyno numbers?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
nikneo
Private First Class
2
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (0)

finally! thanks a million OP!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,576
Posts

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Completenewb View Post
Forgive my ignorance but why is it that a manual would have better dyno numbers?
Losses happen by the time power makes it to the wheels. No trans eat up less power than a manual. Awd also eats away more power than rwd.
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
18
Rep
648
Posts

 
Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Losses happen by the time power makes it to the wheels. No trans eat up less power than a manual. Awd also eats away more power than rwd.



__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
Adceleratus
Private First Class
Adceleratus's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport Estoril Blue II
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Losses happen by the time power makes it to the wheels. No trans eat up less power than a manual. Awd also eats away more power than rwd.
Oh wow, makes sense. Good to know, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
There has been some questions on how the N26 dynos stock and how it responds to the BMS JB Stage1 tuning. Here are some dyno results from a customers car. Solid gains on pump and on race gas settings very impressive considering this car is 100% stock other than the tune with 3000 miles on the clock. The best part was it only took them 3 minutes to install the tune on the car while it was strapped down.

Wow, VERY impressive, even more so considering the price!

The actual torque curve is very nice. It's not like some power mods where it's just a short and brief maximum. Across the actual power band there is about +35lb ft sustained. Great tune.

The N20's stock torque curve is very linear and smooth compared to the N55 stock.
Your N55 is also quite impressive in how it not only increases actual wheel torque, but smooths out the torque curve quite nicely.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #15
Joshhleee
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328 jet black/coral sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

installed the jb... my god.... car feels sooo fast now. n26 engine here!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
WLF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
216
Posts

 
Drives: n54 e92
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

I already ordered mine, will receive Tomorow. Cant wait!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
momo3605
Captain
13
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

How do I set it for race gas? Also, in the bay area, are there any additives I can buy to get it up to race gas level? I'm not interested in doing this as a permanent thing, I just want to see how that extra 20hp/20torque feels
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #18
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,153
Posts

 
Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605
How do I set it for race gas? Also, in the bay area, are there any additives I can buy to get it up to race gas level? I'm not interested in doing this as a permanent thing, I just want to see how that extra 20hp/20torque feels
I used nos octane booster(offroad formula only) on my n55 x5 stage 1to boost at race gas levels. The formula is probably good for 3/30 points for octane. I didn't have any detonation on my x5 at those settings.
__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,576
Posts

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
I used nos octane booster(offroad formula only) on my n55 x5 stage 1to boost at race gas levels. The formula is probably good for 3/30 points for octane. I didn't have any detonation on my x5 at those settings.
Be careful with those. Independent testing showed those bottle treatments do not boost octane to anywhere near what is claimed. Like 104 Octane boost only raised 93 to something like 94.5 lol.
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST