F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Finally ordered my 335 and now the wait...
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Finally ordered my 335 and now the wait...

Well after years of progressively increasing my income to support my purchase and having enough money put aside, i ordered my first BMW on the 7th of this month:
  • 2013 black sapphire 335xi 6-MT
  • 19' wheels
  • Tech package

I've been talking with Rossifumi on here, as I think his 3, with the the 20" HRE P44SC's, looks perfect and is exactly how I want mine to look. So soon I'll be in touch with the individuals he has recommended to me and hopefully place my order in the coming weeks

Other than that...I'll probably add the M-spoiler that will be painted to match (the non-carbon one), sport pedals, and black kidney grills at the time i pick up the car... with the springs, BBK and m-exhaust (or another type) shortly there after.

So needless to say i'm excited and the wait will be the death of me...

Any recommendations on the type of finish on the wheels (i like Rossifumi's honestly)?

How about exhaust recommendations?
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
bizzyqu
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)

congrats! I say leave the wheel's the 19' M-Sports are awesome.
__________________
07 E83 BSM Sport-->10 E90 335i xDrive BSM M-Sport-->(current) 13 F30 335i xDrive EBII M-Sport
bizzyqu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
congrats! I say leave the wheel's the 19' M-Sports are awesome.
Oh I'm not getting rid of them! I live in New Hampshire in the US and these will be my winter wheels...the dealer and I are working out a deal to trade the high-performance summers that come on the 19's for a set of blizzacks. I just can't bring myself to do anything to her that could make her any less beautiful then the way I know she will come from the factory

...and thanks! Thankfully i'm in England atm on a work visa so not having the car now is manageable emotionally!
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List


So anyone know how long i have to stare at this same status? I ordered on the 7th and im wondering how long before it enters production? Is there a standard time period?
Attached Images
 
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
anyone?
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
wvubabo
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the order. I'm in Mass. and ordered on 2/3. It took about a week or so to go from the status you show on the website to "production started". there is an 800# that you can call that gives a bit more timely info (800-831-1117), as the website is more delayed. You just enter your production number when prompted.

From a timing perspective, for me:
2/3 - ordered
2/10 - production started
2/20 - production complete
3/12 - made a ship (which you can track via marinetraffic.com once you know the vessel's name)
3/21 - due in port in NY/NJ
I should be taking delivery next week, so about 9 weeks total.

Good luck!
wvubabo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvubabo View Post
Congrats on the order. I'm in Mass. and ordered on 2/3. It took about a week or so to go from the status you show on the website to "production started". there is an 800# that you can call that gives a bit more timely info (800-831-1117), as the website is more delayed. You just enter your production number when prompted.

From a timing perspective, for me:
2/3 - ordered
2/10 - production started
2/20 - production complete
3/12 - made a ship (which you can track via marinetraffic.com once you know the vessel's name)
3/21 - due in port in NY/NJ
I should be taking delivery next week, so about 9 weeks total.

Good luck!
Thanks! I'll give the # a call. I was told end of arpil/first week of may so jw. Congrats on your 3 as well...if you anything like me right now your counting minutes go by
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
wvubabo
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Completely. I'm almost going crazy at this point with anticipation. The good thing is that it's fun to track and there's so much to read and learn. It's well worth the wait. Good luck with everything!
wvubabo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

I have to say. I ordered my car last Saturday March 9th. This is totally consuming me lol. I cannot tell if this is the most stressful or fun part of the new car ordering process!

My car will be completed on the 25th according to the phone. Then it is a waiting game for it to arrive to NY.

I feel for you Medal. It's going to be a tough several weeks :-)

I must have read the manual about 10 times now. Although I read the manual before test driving the car and the dealer just listened to me explain the car to him!
nydennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
Rhinozeroone
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Ordered on Feb 15. Build was finished on March 16. Currently waiting for a boat.
Rhinozeroone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line BSM/Red
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! The anticipation excitement never gets old!
Frzdrdhppy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
itwasepic
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The North

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

In the same boat, no pun intended. Ordered Mar 03rd, finished build Mar 13th. Been sitting awaiting transport.
itwasepic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #13
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydennis View Post
I have to say. I ordered my car last Saturday March 9th. This is totally consuming me lol. I cannot tell if this is the most stressful or fun part of the new car ordering process!

My car will be completed on the 25th according to the phone. Then it is a waiting game for it to arrive to NY.

I feel for you Medal. It's going to be a tough several weeks :-)

I must have read the manual about 10 times now. Although I read the manual before test driving the car and the dealer just listened to me explain the car to him!
Tough is an understatement

I called the # and mine still hasn't entered production...
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #14
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
Tough is an understatement

I called the # and mine still hasn't entered production...
Hopefully it goes into production Today. :-)
nydennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
Congrats! The anticipation excitement never gets old!
I disagree...it's boarderline painful. Waking up everyday.....just standing there, staring at an empty garage bay...
Attached Images
 
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
ZigmundUK
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NCL - UK

Posts: 626
iTrader: (0)

You could prepare your garage for the arrival. You know a lick of paint on the floors & walls. maybe a nice big flat screen tv you could use as a drive in
__________________
Gone: E87 120d SE Auto (M47TU2D20) Sparkling Graphite
Running: E61 520d SE Auto (N47D20) Titanium Silver
Sprinting: F31 330d M Sport (N57D30A) Estoril Blue
ZigmundUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
You could prepare your garage for the arrival. You know a lick of paint on the floors & walls. maybe a nice big flat screen tv you could use as a drive in
A empty garage that is nicely-painted with a big flat screen tv, is still an empty garage...
Attached Images
 
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #18
ZigmundUK
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NCL - UK

Posts: 626
iTrader: (0)

I hear ya. I don't know how long I've got to wait, but it's irking me now...
__________________
Gone: E87 120d SE Auto (M47TU2D20) Sparkling Graphite
Running: E61 520d SE Auto (N47D20) Titanium Silver
Sprinting: F31 330d M Sport (N57D30A) Estoril Blue
ZigmundUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
I hear ya. I don't know how long I've got to wait, but it's irking me now...
I'm just confused...i ordered on the 7th and my car still hasn't entered production...i just called. I'll have to give the dealership a call later and see what's up..

I guess there are worse things that could irk us than waiting for our brand-new 3!
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
ZigmundUK
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NCL - UK

Posts: 626
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
I'm just confused...i ordered on the 7th and my car still hasn't entered production...i just called. I'll have to give the dealership a call later and see what's up..

I guess there are worse things that could irk us than waiting for our brand-new 3!
Yeah for sure. Another dude in the UK is waiting for his car which is already at the dealership for the last 2 weeks!
__________________
Gone: E87 120d SE Auto (M47TU2D20) Sparkling Graphite
Running: E61 520d SE Auto (N47D20) Titanium Silver
Sprinting: F31 330d M Sport (N57D30A) Estoril Blue
ZigmundUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #21
Medal
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Yeah for sure. Another dude in the UK is waiting for his car which is already at the dealership for the last 2 weeks!

You mean his car has been at the dealership for the last 2 weeks and he hasn't been able to get it???
Medal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
ZigmundUK
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NCL - UK

Posts: 626
iTrader: (0)

aye : http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=798346&page=2

near the bottom... poor lad.
__________________
Gone: E87 120d SE Auto (M47TU2D20) Sparkling Graphite
Running: E61 520d SE Auto (N47D20) Titanium Silver
Sprinting: F31 330d M Sport (N57D30A) Estoril Blue
ZigmundUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST