F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > THERE WILL BE BUGS. Come here to report BIMMERPOST iOS App Bugs!
ARMA SPEED

04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
THERE WILL BE BUGS. Come here to report BIMMERPOST iOS App Bugs!

Hey all, with the release of Bimmerpost for iPhone/iPad, I thought a thread where people can report bugs. Good bug reports will help me iron out the bugs and get releases out faster!

But please, everyone keep this thread on topic, don't post here with general complaints or requests for new features. ONLY post bugs here for BIMMERPOST 3. The more detailed a bug report the better, because it will help me reproduce the bug on my end, figure out what the problem is and ultimately fix it.

There will always be the occasional idiot who won't read this post and just say 'the app sux, fix it', 'how do i post', '+1' or just posts something thats not a bug etc.. but I'm leaving it up to you guys to help me and post legitimate bugs here so we can make the app better together.

It should go without saying, that if a bug has been posted and listed below, theres no point in repeating it

Thanks!

Key
RED: Bug Fixed!
Blue: Bug under evaluation

BUG LIST
@jzbm3 - Unable to access regional forums - Status: Fixed version 2.01
@Lucky1 - Slash being inserted in title with apostrophie - Status: Fixed
@BXL4 - Font Size change does not apply uniformly - Status: Fixed version 2.02
@TD78 - Add NEW POSTS - Status: Fixed version 2.02
Eginorbi - Image Save not working - Status: Fixed version 2.02
@jzbm3 - timestamp in forumdisplay is not timezone corrected - Status: Fixed version 2.03
Option to display forum title - Status: Added version 2.03
@Etek - Cannot access sub-forums from My forums tree - Status: Fixed version 2.03
@135 - Subscriptions don't work for certain users - Status: Fixed version 2.03
Certain Images will not Load - Status: Fixed version 2.04
@135 - Automatically goto last read post does not work in subscribed threads section - Status: Fixed version 2.04
@135 - & does not work in PM section - Status: Fixed version 2.04
@135 - Bullet text does not work - Status: Fixed version 2.05
@135 - Text indent does not work - Status: Fixed version 2.05
@135 - Unicode does not work in thread lists - Fixed version 2.05
@135 - Longpress causes thread to load twice instead of going to last post - Status: Fixed version 3.0
@PFol310 - Nested Quotes don't always work - Status: Fixed version 3.0

@Lucky1 - Username not showing in left hand bar despite being logged in - Status: Evaluating bug
@135 - Scroll to top not functional - Status: Evaluating bug
@Mark - Low Youtube video quality on iPad - Status: Evaluating bug

Note: It takes time to approve new version of iOS apps. You may see bugs listed here as being fixed, but not yet available in the App Store. If this is the case, its just a matter of time for the version to hit the store. Currently, estimates say it takes about 6 days for a version to be approved.
      04-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

First off, the new version looks awesome! Nice work.

One issue I'm seeing is that I cannot browse forums that are more than one sub-category deep.

E.G. I can't get into
M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

or

M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

04-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
@jzbm3 Thanks! Perfect report. Fixed and just submitted v2.01 to app store, hopefully will get approved soon
      04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
App says I\'m logged out even though I\'m not

Only been using the app a short time but definitely like the new look so far.

First thing I noticed was that after installing the app I had no "reply" button to respond to posts. Turns out I wasn't logged in. So I opened the settings and added my username and password. I get an error with a failed username/password but no confirmation when I have the correct one.

Anyway the bug I see is that even though I'm logged in the menu still displays that I am "Logged out" which can't be the case since I'm posting this from the app.

Name:  app_bug.jpg
Views: 3853
Size:  32.4 KB

Last edited by Lucky1; 04-03-2013 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Used small image
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Problems with posting titles with an apostrophe: There's a slash ("/") being inserted right before an apostrophe. See this post and my last from a browser outside the app.

I'm running an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0 by the way.

Last edited by Lucky1; 04-03-2013 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Elaborated a bit more on the problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
TD78
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Where can I find the new posts on the updated app?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Unable to access subforums. Same issue as screen shot above.

BTW, wonderful job on the app. Love it. I use Bimmerpost app daily to browse.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
YGazis109
Yiannis Gazis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
When u click page 2 or whatever the next page number is it does not move up the screen you have to scroll down yourself to access the next page...I hope I explained myself correctly...
1st Bimmer - 2007 328xi | SGM | e90 | Premium | Navi | Gloss black trim | Cold | AA headers | 3 stage intake manifold | AA stage 3 tune | AFE stage 2 intake | Cyba Scoops | OEM Blacklines | OEM LCI mtech front bumper | OEM LCI hood | OEM gloss black kidney grills | Orion v4 LED halos with blackout headlights | Valentine 1 Radar | Sport wheel with paddles | kw v1 coilovers | VMR 710 | Continental ExtremeContact DW |
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
BXL4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alpine White

Font selection in settings

When I chose medium size it is not uniformly implemented. Some threads show the larger font some show the smaller. It seems to be thread specific rather than forum or post specific.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #10
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

Unlike the old app, when you hold your finger on a thread, it'll bring you to the last post. this app, it just opens to that page.
      04-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #11
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richurd View Post
Unlike the old app, when you hold your finger on a thread, it'll bring you to the last post. this app, it just opens to that page.
It seems to work for me. Maybe try changing the settings?

Go to Settings > Last Read Post > ON/OFF
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135
Quote:
It seems to work for me. Maybe try changing the settings?

Go to Settings > Last Read Post > ON/OFF
What you talking about is just one click. I'm talking about the hold feature. I use the hold feature to go to last read post instead of the one click option that is offered now.
      04-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

When will the update be available?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #14
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT3 iN NyC View Post
When will the update be available?
+1 extremely annoying.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
OK, sorry to be so harsh, but after such a great start with good bug reports that we've fixed, the thread is going downhill as past thread have done. Rather then close and abandon this useful thread, i'm going to start issuing infractions to people who can't read the first post.

BASICALLY ONLY POST BUGS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU FEEL THE UNRELENTING URGE TO POST A GENERAL COMMENT ABOUT THE APP, DO IT IN ANOTHER THREAD, I DON'T REALLY CARE WHICH ONE.

ONLY POST BUGS IN THIS THREAD SO WE CAN IMPROVE THE APP.
      04-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT

Can't save photos. Getting a similar red Application Error message as on the screenshot above, but with slightly different function/class name mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #17
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eginorbi View Post
Can't save photos. Getting a similar red Application Error message as on the screenshot above, but with slightly different function/class name mentioned.
@Eginorbi thannks! Fixed for version 2.02!
      04-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #18
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Classifieds section in Regional (Australia) not working/broken.

No error messages.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #19
Etek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

Going to classified sub forums is ok going through clicking forums etc to get to wherever I want to go is ok. But when private sales is saved in "my forums" once you get to us forums cannot go further into difft areas. But as soon after clicking "forums" it jumps to the classified section I wanted to go to initially.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #20
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Also, when you press menu and exit the app and then go back into it after an hour or so, the signing in process hangs and you need to kill the app and relaunch.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #21
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep

The option of last post read is buggy. Like stated in the settings, it will go to last post read but instead it goes to last page only. I have the setting off, so I hold onto it to go to last post read and it goes to last page only, not to the last thread. And sometimes it will open it twice. When the feature is in, it does the same exact thing minus the holding.

If you want, I'll record a video
      04-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #22
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
The option of last post read is buggy. Like stated in the settings, it will go to last post read but instead it goes to last page only. I have the setting off, so I hold onto it to go to last post read and it goes to last page only, not to the last thread. And sometimes it will open it twice. When the feature is in, it does the same exact thing minus the holding.

If you want, I'll record a video
I've been testing this for the last few hours and agree with the above comments. There appears to be a number of bugs related to single-click and click-hold, mostly affecting when Settings > Last Read Post > OFF (the click-hold bugs are still evident when Settings > Last Read Post > ON but, while this is an issue, click-hold is probably not intended to be used when the setting is ON - although it may be useful to have click-hold display the first page, which is essentially the opposite actions to when the setting is OFF). These bugs exist via either Forums or My Forums (which I sometimes refer to as the "original" forum option and "other" forum option).

When performing a single-click or click-hold on a particular thread, the following occurred:
  1. Initial and subsequent single-click goes to first page
    Clicking on the Back button goes back
  2. Initial single-click goes to first page
    Subsequent click-hold causes an intermediate screen to flash up with the spinning Loading icon and then a second screen to swipe in that goes to first page (the intermediate and second screen swap seems strange)
    Clicking on the Back button goes back to the intermediate screen with the spinning Loading icon
    Subsequent clicking on the Back button doesn't go back again
    Clicking on the Bimmerpost icon allows you to go to News, the "other" forum option, Subscriptions, Messages or Settings
    Any attemps to go back to the "original" forum results in the spinning Loading icon still being displayed
    The app must be closed and restarted to allow use of that forum option
  3. Initial and second click-hold goes to the top of the last page
    Clicking on the Back button goes back
    Third click-hold causes an intermediate screen to flash up with the spinning Loading icon and then a second screen to swipe in that goes to first page
    Clicking on the Back button goes back to the intermediate screen with the spinning Loading icon
    Clicking on the Back button doesn't go back, etc, etc
    Subsequent (after app restart) click-hold causes intermediate screen to flash up with the spinning Loading icon and then a second screen to swipe in that goes to first page, etc, etc

Other click-hold related bugs:
  1. Goes to last page of the thread instead of the last read post. Note: last read post is different to the last post.
  2. Intermittently went to the last read post from the previous visit, rather than the last read post from all visits.

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND to prevent app crashing when Settings > Last Read Post > OFF
If you click-hold and remain holding while the intermediate Loading screen displays then it actually loads the last read page of the thread but, when you release the hold, the second screen still swipes in but it displays the first page of the thread. This essentially provides two screens that have both successfully loaded content (albeit different content) so you can click on the Back button from the second screen and it goes back to the intermediate screen, which had previously (and still does) display the content, so you can click on the Back button to go back to the forum's thread listing.

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND to prevent app crashing when Settings > Last Read Post > ON
If you click-hold and remain holding while the intermediate Loading screen displays then it actually loads the last read page of the thread but, when you release the hold, the second screen still swipes in and also displays the last read page of the thread. This essentially provides two screens that have both successfully loaded with the same content so you can click on the Back button from the second screen and it goes back to the intermediate screen, which had previously (and still does) display the content, so you can click on the Back button to go back to the forum's thread listing.

FURTHER WORKAROUND to prevent app crashing (only works intermittently and rarely):
While you click-hold and remain holding while the intermediate Loading screen displays, keep holding for another 7-10 seconds and the second screen will not swipe in, leaving you with just one screen having been loaded with the last page of the thread.
Appreciate 0