F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > muffler delete shop recommendation
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
Bahn360Photo
Shutter Speed
Bahn360Photo's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
473
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW + 50 mm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 X  [4.67]
Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn360Photo
muffler delete shop recommendation

guys

as the title says thinking of doing muffler delete, any NYC 5 borough shop recommendations?

thanks
__________________
I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth...
https://www.facebook.com/Bahn360Photo
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
anthonydemont
Private First Class
1
Rep
178
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i sedan mineral gray
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Ams in lyden nj
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
Bahn360Photo
Shutter Speed
Bahn360Photo's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
473
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW + 50 mm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 X  [4.67]
Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn360Photo
thanks, got a recommendation from a friend and did this today

__________________
I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth...
https://www.facebook.com/Bahn360Photo
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
anthonydemont
Private First Class
1
Rep
178
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i sedan mineral gray
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new york

iTrader: (0)

Who did you go too
__________________
2013 f30 335 msport, mineral gray, jb4 stage 2 map 7,straight 100 octane,er chargepipe,er catless dp, meth, quadtip muffler delete, 19'' Vmr 810 custom powdercoated enlaes cf front lip and side skirts added
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
Bahn360Photo
Shutter Speed
Bahn360Photo's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
473
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW + 50 mm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 X  [4.67]
Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn360Photo
Meineke in brooklyn, got a recommendation from a friend. very good and clean job

2727 Stillwell Ave
Brooklyn, NY
(718) 372-6800

the guy's name is Austin
__________________
I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth...
https://www.facebook.com/Bahn360Photo
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
.:R32DBP
Private
United_States
1
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport, 2004 .:R32T
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
bumping this up. when doing the muffler delete what did you do with the flapper valve connector? did you just tie it up somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
2blu
Captain
2blu's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
772
Posts

Drives: 335i XDrive ///M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:R32DBP View Post
bumping this up. when doing the muffler delete what did you do with the flapper valve connector? did you just tie it up somewhere?
Alternatively, you can open up the muffler and weld the holes shut or replace with a solid pipe to conserve OEM look. That's what I did.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
Mike_L
Tech Guy
Mike_L's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,080
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Technically, removing the muffler is illegal.

From N.Y. VAT. LAW 375 : NY Code - Section 375: Equipment

31. Mufflers and exhaust systems. Prevention of noise. Every motor vehicle, operated or driven upon the highways of the state, shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler and exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cut-out, bypass, or similar device. No person shall modify the muffler or exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor or exhaust system of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler or exhaust system originally installed on the vehicle and such original muffler and exhaust system shall comply with all the requirements of this section. A muffler is a device consisting of a series of chambers or baffle plates, or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine, and effective in reducing noise. An exhaust system is a series of mechanical devices for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and expelling it into the atmosphere. -
See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/V....aBqEKcq3.dpuf

Of course, nobody abides by the laws, but just FYI, you can fail inspection for an aftermarket exhaust if the inspection station personnel want to be assholes.
__________________
Mike L
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo M-Sport MPPK
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #9
.:R32DBP
Private
United_States
1
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport, 2004 .:R32T
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu View Post
Alternatively, you can open up the muffler and weld the holes shut or replace with a solid pipe to conserve OEM look. That's what I did.
My plan is to just cut the muffler out and weld a Y pipe to the dual tips. Should be very simple for my local exhaust shop. Planning on getting some new larger black tips anyways. Just didn't know what to do with the connector is all.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
smithe90
I've been around
smithe90's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
1,097
Posts

Drives: '14 F32 428 MSport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to smithe90
Its all such bullshit. Lets us enjoy our loud cars.

I hate dumb helps-no one shit like this, and the front plate laws.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Technically, removing the muffler is illegal.

From N.Y. VAT. LAW 375 : NY Code - Section 375: Equipment

31. Mufflers and exhaust systems. Prevention of noise. Every motor vehicle, operated or driven upon the highways of the state, shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler and exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cut-out, bypass, or similar device. No person shall modify the muffler or exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor or exhaust system of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler or exhaust system originally installed on the vehicle and such original muffler and exhaust system shall comply with all the requirements of this section. A muffler is a device consisting of a series of chambers or baffle plates, or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine, and effective in reducing noise. An exhaust system is a series of mechanical devices for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and expelling it into the atmosphere. -
See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/V....aBqEKcq3.dpuf

Of course, nobody abides by the laws, but just FYI, you can fail inspection for an aftermarket exhaust if the inspection station personnel want to be assholes.
__________________

-2014 F32 428i XDrive - MSport, Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Navi
Lease Assumed - 2014 F30 328i XDrive - Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Apps.
RETIRED - 2007 328xi - LCI Conversion w/ M3 Rep front, CIC Retrofit, MULF2 Retrofit, F30 Sport Rims
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #11
Mike_L
Tech Guy
Mike_L's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,080
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe90 View Post
Its all such bullshit. Lets us enjoy our loud cars.

I hate dumb helps-no one shit like this, and the front plate laws.
Actually, this does help. I live right off the LIE, and every loud car that goes bye I hear. Its constant buzzing and shit from the Hondas.

The front plates I can agree with, the 25mph limit and speed cameras I'm ready to leave NY over, but this is a useful law.
__________________
Mike L
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo M-Sport MPPK
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #12
smithe90
I've been around
smithe90's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
1,097
Posts

Drives: '14 F32 428 MSport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to smithe90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Actually, this does help. I live right off the LIE, and every loud car that goes bye I hear. Its constant buzzing and shit from the Hondas.

The front plates I can agree with, the 25mph limit and speed cameras I'm ready to leave NY over, but this is a useful law.
I'm with you on that in the sense that I don't think that cars should be able to have a complete straight pipe from the headers to the tip of the exhaust but I don't think that people deserve a ticket for just moderately loud. My MPE with resonator delete isn't loud at all but compared to how the car is stock its like an electric vehicle vs a real car.
__________________

-2014 F32 428i XDrive - MSport, Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Navi
Lease Assumed - 2014 F30 328i XDrive - Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Apps.
RETIRED - 2007 328xi - LCI Conversion w/ M3 Rep front, CIC Retrofit, MULF2 Retrofit, F30 Sport Rims
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
2blu
Captain
2blu's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
772
Posts

Drives: 335i XDrive ///M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

A jaguar F-Type R is significantly louder than my resonatorless, catless and "muffler less" 335.

It's all relative really.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST