F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Remus Responder
ARMA SPEED

03-25-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC '23 Tesla Y

Remus Responder

Found this at Bavarian Autosport... Does anybody have experience with this? I drive mostly in Comfort Mode (Chassis-Only) simply because the throttle response in Sport Mode is way too twitchy in stop and go traffic. Maybe this can help find the happy medium between the two modes.

["Improved throttle response with a simple plug-in installation.

The REMUS Responder improves throttle response by means of modifying the accelerator pedal output signal. No more throttle delay and reduced lag during automatic shifting makes driving with the REMUS Responder more fun. The Responder attaches between the OEM pedal sensor and the OEM connector, ready to use in seconds due to plug & play technology. Sophisticated adjustable programming profiles can lead to improved fuel consumption and more efficiency. The 4 individual user selectable and adjustable performance settings allow drivers to select according to their own preferences.

The REMUS Responder totally eliminates the delay in modern electronic accelerator pedals!

Improved throttle response, reduced lag during gear changes.
Quicker reaction times, more dynamic driving experience without changing engine parameters.
4 individual user selectable and adjustable performance settings.
Vehicle specific programming using OEM quality connectors.
Simple plug & play installation and easily removed without leaving any trace.[/B]
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

This is just a kit to improve throttle response, wont add any power to your car

If you have a tune like JB4, it adds power and improves the throttle response

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #3
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
This is just a kit to improve throttle response, wont add any power to your car

If you have a tune like JB4, it adds power and improves the throttle response
I have a Dinan Stage 1 tune, after installing I noticed a slightly improved throttle response. Will adding the Remus Responder improve on it even more? Or would it just be redundant?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpchamp View Post
I have a Dinan Stage 1 tune, after installing I noticed a slightly improved throttle response. Will adding the Remus Responder improve on it even more? Or would it just be redundant?
Not familiar with Dinan tunes, you would need to ask them direct

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #5
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just installed the Remus Responder this morning. Obviously it's way too early for any definitive conclusions about the product, but my initial impressions are very positive. The throttle response of my 428i is much sharper, even in Eco and Comfort. Basically in Comfort, the throttle response feels just as sharp as it would in stock Sport Mode. Gone is the delay when I throttle tip-in, which always bothered me.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 11:22 PM   #6
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M sport

I'm also interested in a device like this one or sprint booster because I too get frustrated with the initial 1/4 gas pedal press of dead zone in comfort mode. I agree sport mode is too twitchy in city traffic. I prefer comfort mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 12:43 AM   #7
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
I would rather get this https://www.racechip.com/shop/bmw/3-...0kw-350nm.html

new module gets controlled via Bluetooth App

A revolution in chip tuning
The Smartphone Connect Feature from RaceChip

Experience a whole new level of chip tuning with RaceChip Ultimate Connect. Our latest innovation offers you the option to active various performance optimisation levels via your smartphone with the RaceChip app:

3 power levels designed for your engine
Warm-up timer to reduce strain on your engine
Automatic software updates
New power modes transmitted via updates
Individual vehicle profile
Integrated service functions

549 EUR conver to USD 620

Gonna email them to get a GroupBuy going

IG: @bmwF9XG80
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #8
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod33084 View Post
I'm also interested in a device like this one or sprint booster because I too get frustrated with the initial 1/4 gas pedal press of dead zone in comfort mode. I agree sport mode is too twitchy in city traffic. I prefer comfort mode.
You and I share the exact sentiments about our cars. You would love the Remus Responder. With it, I'm now able to drive the car in Comfort Mode so that the transmission isn't always hunting for the lowest gear while enjoying a sharp throttle response as if the car's in Sport. Another added benefit: driving in Eco Pro Mode now is actually enjoyable, with the throttle much more responsive!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
I would rather get this https://www.racechip.com/shop/bmw/3-...0kw-350nm.html

new module gets controlled via Bluetooth App

A revolution in chip tuning
The Smartphone Connect Feature from RaceChip

Experience a whole new level of chip tuning with RaceChip Ultimate Connect. Our latest innovation offers you the option to active various performance optimisation levels via your smartphone with the RaceChip app:

3 power levels designed for your engine
Warm-up timer to reduce strain on your engine
Automatic software updates
New power modes transmitted via updates
Individual vehicle profile
Integrated service functions

549 EUR conver to USD 620

Gonna email them to get a GroupBuy going

I already have the Dinan Stage 1 tune, so I already experience much more power than stock. The Remus Responder deals with throttle feel, which these power tunes don't really affect.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #10
Braddontroy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Interesting.... I've always thought the car needs an in between mode like a "street response" mode that's not holding 1,100rpm and not a rediculous 2,500rpm. I have a JB4 and DP and would like a little more throttle responsiveness in comfort mode
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #11
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpchamp
Quote:
You and I share the exact sentiments about our cars. You would love the Remus Responder. With it, I'm now able to drive the car in Comfort Mode so that the transmission isn't always hunting for the lowest gear while enjoying a sharp throttle response as if the car's in Sport. Another added benefit: driving in Eco Pro Mode now is actually enjoyable, with the throttle much more responsive!
So does the car actually go immediately once you press the gas pedal down in comfort mode?lol no more lag? I couldn't tell you how many horn honks i get from cars behind me because I'm so slow to get going in comfort mode and eco mode haha
I get it, just push the pedal harder...But with a tune you only have a limited gap between the throttle actually responding and the tune kicking in and accelerating you forward. Sometimes I just want a smooth acceleration with no lag but not throw my head back
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #12
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So does the car actually go immediately once you press the gas pedal down in comfort mode?lol no more lag? I couldn't tell you how many horn honks i get from cars behind me because I'm so slow to get going in comfort mode and eco mode haha
I get it, just push the pedal harder...But with a tune you only have a limited gap between the throttle actually responding and the tune kicking in and accelerating you forward. Sometimes I just want a smooth acceleration with no lag but not throw my head back
I know exactly what you mean. Yes, the Remus Responder has three modes, Sport, Race, and Eco. And then, you can customize each mode to be a bit more aggressive, relaxed, etc. I have mine in Sport, with +1 on the more aggressive side. Eliminated virtually ALL throttle tip-in lag and mushiness. All this with the CAR's mode in Comfort.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #13
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddontroy View Post
Interesting.... I've always thought the car needs an in between mode like a "street response" mode that's not holding 1,100rpm and not a rediculous 2,500rpm. I have a JB4 and DP and would like a little more throttle responsiveness in comfort mode
I really believe this will solve your problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #14
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. Yes, the Remus Responder has three modes, Sport, Race, and Eco. And then, you can customize each mode to be a bit more aggressive, relaxed, etc. I have mine in Sport, with +1 on the more aggressive side. Eliminated virtually ALL throttle tip-in lag and mushiness. All this with the CAR's mode in Comfort.
Yea I really think I need to look into this. I have a feeling I wont be let down.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:30 PM   #15
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea I really think I need to look into this. I have a feeling I wont be let down.
I drove the car around in Eco Pro Mode tonight. With the Responder active, it feels better than the car before in Comfort Mode!! Seriously!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #16
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I drove the car around in Eco Pro Mode tonight. With the Responder active, it feels better than the car before in Comfort Mode!! Seriously!!
Sad to say, the throttle lag is probably the one and only thing I dislike about our cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #17
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sad to say, the throttle lag is probably the one and only thing I dislike about our cars.
This will fix it. I've been fiddling with it for a few days and have found the perfect daily driving setting for me. Now I can drive in Comfort Mode so the transmission isn't always hunting and hanging onto the lowest possible gears, while enjoying substantially-increased throttle response. It's like now I have the option to put the transmission in Comfort and the throttle in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #18
Cruiserman
1st BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i

That's exactly what I was thinking to be a benefit for my usual driving style. Having more throttle response without having to cruise around at 3k rpm.
More options for varied driving styles.
Isnt it kind of expensive though? Seems a simple device.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #19
jamoka3
Assassin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i Xdrive M-SPORT

These responders just reduce lag between the time you push your foot down to the time the signal is received by the module?
Does it actually make the car quicker at all?
Will this help in 0-60 times?
Im curious about real world numbers....
0-60 stock vs 0-60 with the responders.

Heres why I figure it "should" help 0-60 times.
"Improved throttle response, reduced lag during gear changes. ( quicker gear changes = quicker times!)
"Quicker reaction times, more dynamic driving experience without changing engine parameters." (Less lag = quicker times)

Last edited by jamoka3; 05-18-2016 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 08:53 AM   #20
WV328
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alpine white

^What Jamoka said. Someone that has it should test this theory!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #21
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoka3 View Post
These responders just reduce lag between the time you push your foot down to the time the signal is received by the module?
Does it actually make the car quicker at all?
Will this help in 0-60 times?
Im curious about real world numbers....
0-60 stock vs 0-60 with the responders.

Heres why I figure it "should" help 0-60 times.
"Improved throttle response, reduced lag during gear changes. ( quicker gear changes = quicker times!)
"Quicker reaction times, more dynamic driving experience without changing engine parameters." (Less lag = quicker times)
I don't know about the reduction of 0-60 times, but that wasn't my concern. I just wanted a more "lively" throttle response for daily city driving while in Comfort Mode. This certainly gave me that. Now, my car definitely "feels" quicker in and out of traffic now, since there's virtually no delay between the time I tip-in the throttle and the car actually moving.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #22
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserman View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking to be a benefit for my usual driving style. Having more throttle response without having to cruise around at 3k rpm.
More options for varied driving styles.
Isnt it kind of expensive though? Seems a simple device.
Actually, I think $250 is cheap to get our $50,000 BMW to drive the way we want them to drive.
Appreciate 0