F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo (GT) Official Thread - Info, Specs, Photos, Video
proTUNING Freaks

06-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #287
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Can we get back to the 3GT?

Dealer telling me they should get their allocations this week. Has anyone heard anything different?

I am also wondering if I should take the Luxury Line or the Sports Line. Or no line.

I want a light interior which pretty much voids the Sports line. Are the sports seats that good?

The luxury line looks OK. I like the steering wheel but I really do not fancy the door sills with BMW luxury written on it. Is it removable?

Thoughts?

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #288
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You know what's really pointless? Your continued presence in this thread. You contributed only closed-mindedness, ignorance, and the demonstration of your own poor taste.
3GT. Goodbye.
      06-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #289
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
Can we get back to the 3GT?

Dealer telling me they should get their allocations this week. Has anyone heard anything different?

I am also wondering if I should take the Luxury Line or the Sports Line. Or no line.

I want a light interior which pretty much voids the Sports line. Are the sports seats that good?

The luxury line looks OK. I like the steering wheel but I really do not fancy the door sills with BMW luxury written on it. Is it removable?

Thoughts?

FM
The 3GT begins production in July. I am doing ED with September delivery. CA telling me it's too early to reserve ED now, maybe in July he can get the pre-reservation sent in.

Personally not a fan of any of the line except the M-sport, which is what we'll be getting.
      06-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #290
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Personally not a fan of any of the line except the M-sport, which is what we'll be getting.
So, will you have to get an xdrive version or will rwd GT be available in July for Sept. ED? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #291
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
At this time I believe only xdrive is available for the US market. If that's the case we'd still get it since we need the car soon. I do prefer rwd GT if it's going to be available.
      06-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #292
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
The 3GT begins production in July. I am doing ED with September delivery. CA telling me it's too early to reserve ED now, maybe in July he can get the pre-reservation sent in.

Yes. The M-sports looks pretty good. Is it compatible with Active Cruise?

On the sedan and the wagon, it is not. But interestingly, you can build an Msport 3GT with ACC on the UK web site.

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #293
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep

Malaysia only got the 328i sport line introduced today when that country uses mostly diesels. Don't you wonder who is making decisions for which GT models get introduced into the various countries? It seems like one should be able to get the exact model variation when custom ordering from the factory since they all come off the same assembly line. Having been to the BMW factory in SC, I've seen the assembly line where a gas engine X6 with sport wheels headed for Europe is directly followed by an X5 diesel luxury line for local delivery. The robots and computers can make any variant without hesitation based on the order # programmed into the system. My choice - I'll have a red Modern Line GT 320d with saddle interior (no xdrive) with all the gadgets. But the BMW gods say "We can easily make it for you, but won't ship it to the US. How 'bout an xdrive sport with red coral interior?"
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #294
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yikes! Take a look at the 3 GT pricing in Australia. At least they will have all the BMW lines to choose from.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/235017/b...d-sized-hatch/
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #295
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still hoping the US will get RWD and all the model lines including the Modern Line according to the official press release - nothing mentioned about xdrive or xdrive only. Perhaps it will show up on the BMWNA website this week?

Here's an excerpt from the official press release.
----------------
A subsidiary
of BMW AG BMW
U.S. Press Information

The All-New BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo.
Innovative vehicle concept comes to the 3 Series Line-up.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – February 6, 2013 . . . The all-new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo adds an innovative new concept to the BMW 3 Series lineup. The BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo is, first and foremost, a driver’s car which combines the dynamics that have earned the new 3 Series a spot on “Car and Driver’s” 10Best list for 22nd consecutive years, with luxury seating for four and generous and flexible luggage capacity. The new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo will arrive in the US, as both a 328i and a 335i, in the summer of 2013 as a 2014 model.
Three equipment lines, each with their own individual character and M Sport
High-quality material combinations coupled with class-leading levels of workmanship reinforce the premium ambience on board the new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo. A large number of color and upholstery variants offer scope for a multitude of combinations. Customers can also choose from three additional equipment plus M Sport, all of which add individual touches to the car’s looks inside and out. Indeed, even the ignition key shares the color-coding of the equipment line specified.

Sport Line: The Sport Line adds extra depth to the dynamic repertoire of the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo with a selection of eye-catching exterior features in high-gloss black. Nine molded black kidney grille slats in a chrome-colored surround lend the front end a particularly sporty and alert look, and the forward-slanting angle of the BMW kidneys gains further visual impact. The black air intakes and likewise gleaming black Air Breathers, meanwhile, draw the eye to the car’s aerodynamics features. Optional 18-inch or 19-inch light-alloy wheels – depending on the model – in double-spoke design provide an additional dose of sportiness, while exterior mirrors and a “wraparound” window strip, B-pillars in matching paint finish and a trim strip at rear apron height add further flourishes. Inside the car, the contrast between black and red accents adds a sporty and exclusive allure that is heightened by the accent strips in the doors (also part of the Luxury and Modern Lines as well as M Sport). The standard sports seats can be specified with a choice of upholstery and colors.

Luxury Line: Discreet high-gloss chrome touches lend the exterior of the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo a particularly elegant and exclusive appeal. 11 intricate kidney grille slats with chrome-colored fronts and matt black sides, two chrome blades in the front apron air intakes and chrome Air Breathers all furnish classy touches. Within the gleaming chrome window surround, the black B-pillar provides a particular highlight, and special 18 and 19-inch light-alloy wheels in a multi-spoke design accentuate the elegance of the Luxury Line. The Gran Turismo Luxury Line can be identified from the rear by a stylish, high-gloss chrome strip above the rear apron and a chrome exhaust tailpipe embellisher. The interior also stands out with various chrome elements, such as the surround for the audio and air conditioning system. High-gloss wood strips and seats with distinctive stitching highlight the exclusivity of the Luxury Line.

Modern Line: High-quality chrome exterior trim elements define the cool aesthetic of the Modern Line, while the BMW kidney grille with 11 slats, the Air Breathers and the double trim strips for the air intakes continue the theme. 18 or 19-inch turbine-style light-alloy wheels lend a fresh angle to the exterior design of the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, while the light-colored dashboard coupled with a steering wheel in dark oyster create a very special ambience in the cockpit. Leather upholstery in oyster or black, and a choice of three trim surfaces with accent strips in pearl-effect chrome, ensure an appealing interplay between materials.
M Sport: Optional M Sport line gives the new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo a shot of adrenaline that spreads beyond its exterior and interior design. As well as the all-new aerodynamic package, including numerous body components (front apron with large air intake, rear bumper with diffuser, side skirts), and the BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line trim, the optional exterior color Estoril Blue metallic ensures an unmistakably sporty appearance and unbeatable road presence – an effect underpinned by 18 or 19-inch light-alloy wheels in hallmark M design. Inside the car, features such as M door sill finishers, an M leather steering wheel and an M driver’s footrest shape the sporty yet elegance ambience. The driver and front passenger can settle into sports seats. Technical features of this package include lowered M Sport suspension and enhanced aerodynamics.
Exterior colors and wheels: The spectrum of colors available for the new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo takes its cues from the BMW 3 Series Sedan and ranges from elegant and classic to modern and expressive. Customers can choose from a total of 12 paint finishes, irrespective of the equipment line specified, including intense color shades, an array of metallic options and a broad spread of classic tones. The Kalahari Beige metallic, Midnight Blue metallic and Sparkling Brown metallic shades are reserved exclusively for the new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo.

BMW 328i Gran Turismo: 4-cylinder gasoline engine with TwinPower Turbo technology sets the benchmark for dynamics and efficiency
The state-of-the-art, lively 2.0-litre engine marks a return to the 3 Series roots – it was with lightweight, high-performance 4-cylinder engines in a similar vein that the BMW 3 Series made its debut back in 1975. The significant upgrade in power and efficiency
is chiefly down to the use of BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, which combines High Precision Direct Gas Injection, Double-Vanos variable camshaft timing and Valvetronic variable valve timing along with twin-scroll turbocharging. On the new-generation 4-cylinder engine, this world-exclusive technology package from BMW again provides a very efficient way to extract more power from the engine, rather than taking the route of a much larger displacement and, in the process, adding to the weight and therefore to fuel consumption. This explains why the more dynamic performance and driving enjoyment does not come at the expense of higher fuel consumption and emissions.
The new BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder’s displacement of 1,997 cc delivers maximum power of 180 kW/240 hp at 5,000 rpm while, thanks to twin-scroll turbocharging, the maximum torque of 255 lb-ft is developed at just 1,250 rpm and remains constant up to 4,800 rpm. These statistics translate to commensurately dynamic performance. The engine responds instantly when the driver demands more throttle, and the vigorous and almost linear power delivery from only slightly above idle, which continues all the way into the higher rpm range, is duly impressive.
BMW TwinPower Turbo technology in the new 4-cylinder engine
This new engine is the most powerful in a new generation of 4-cylinder engines designed in accordance with the BMW EfficientDynamics strategy, which aims to combine increased driving enjoyment with reduced fuel consumption and emissions.

BMW 335i Gran Turismo: Inline 6-cylinder engine with beefy power delivery, strong torque and superb refinement
Fans of large 6-cylinder engines have a treat in store too. The inline 6-cylinder engine (N55) in the BMW 335i Gran Turismo will impress performance-minded drivers with its effortless power, exceptionally fast-revving temperament and outstanding refinement. The N55 has been setting standards from the start, as the pioneer of a new generation of engines in which BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with High Precision Direct Injection and Valvetronic variable valve timing plus a twin scroll turbo made its debut.
Thanks to intensive fine-tuning of the engine, BMW’s engineers have now further reduced the fuel consumption and emissions of the predecessor, while at the same time maintaining its high performance. With a maximum power rating of 225 kW/ 300 hp at 5,800 rpm, the 3.0-liter 6-cylinder unit reflects the sporty personality of the BMW 3 Series and helps deliver brilliant performance. And the high peak torque of 300 lb-ft, on stream between 1,200 and 5,000 rpm, ensures that the power is effortlessly and instantly delivered.

The all-new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo will arrive in US showrooms in late 2013 as a 2014 model.
BMW Group in America
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #296
islandbeef
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW>ACURA>BMW

So, if people don't like it....that reduces the price a bit?

I can only wish.
      08-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #297
sky81
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 530i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
active blindspot detection (pretty useful considering the issues with the side view mirrors)
Could you point me to issues with side view mirrors? I've seen reference to wind noise, but wasn't sure if this was what you had in mind. If there are other issues, I'd like to learn what they are. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #298
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

I've just received the 08/2013 update of ETK, and the US version of 335i GT RWD has been dropped from the database (previously, the test examples were listed there). The test examples of US 328i GT RWD are still there. Just a datapoint, make your own conclusions.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #299
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F36 420d GC MG+CR

Due to the amazing tax policy, an Alpine White 320d GT M Sport with Techno Plus and Premium Packages has costs around 74.000Euros, which is around 100.000USD.
Can't believe the difference on pricing, as it's 40.000USD in USA.
Simply half of the price here.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #300
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1k1nG View Post
Due to the amazing tax policy, an Alpine White 320d GT M Sport with Techno Plus and Premium Packages has costs around 74.000Euros, which is around 100.000USD.
Can't believe the difference on pricing, as it's 40.000USD in USA.
Simply half of the price here.
Technically that would be a $50,000 car in the US. But you're right, half the price of yours.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #301
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

Just ordered a Mineral Grey with Red interior 335I Gran Tourismo. 19 inch wheels, Tech Package, Cold Weather Package, Drivers assistance package. Im doing my 4th Euro Delivery in March. Cant wait to pick this car up. 4 BMW's in a row and decided to get an Infiniti M37x. Now back to BMW once again
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #302
rowat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler
Just ordered a Mineral Grey with Red interior 335I Gran Tourismo. 19 inch wheels, Tech Package, Cold Weather Package, Drivers assistance package. Im doing my 4th Euro Delivery in March. Cant wait to pick this car up. 4 BMW's in a row and decided to get an Infiniti M37x. Now back to BMW once again
My 335GT is the same color combo, I love it! I moved from a 550GT to the 335GT and while I loved the 5GT, I really, really love my 3GT, I'm sure you will too!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 07:52 AM   #303
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXIZ View Post
vin code:WBAFR7C59BC804697 from car model F10 2010 year.

The parts I want to buy are following:
1) the back bumper;
2) The back both lighters
3) the front right lighter, B xenon;
4) The back right spare part on which the door is handled.
5) trunk lid/back hood. leave your email or My e-mail-address is:deliasheili@outlook.com
You'll have better luck in the F10 forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #304
sxc7364
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi GT Luxury Line

Garage List
Will be going to my dealer and discussing about my new order of F34 Gran Turismo. Getting excited!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 03:59 AM   #305
chaoyu
Rep
Drives: 335i GT

My 335i GT with Style 405M 20"

Finally I got style 405M 20" wheel on my 2015 335i GT. The wheel is for F30, so I put 3mm front and 15mm rear spacer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #306
markbridge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW; 2017 M-B SL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoyu View Post
Finally I got style 405M 20" wheel on my 2015 335i GT. The wheel is for F30, so I put 3mm front and 15mm rear spacer.
Looks good!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 06:48 AM   #307
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep
Drives: 320iGT

I really love it !!!

F34 320iGT 2013 OCT manufactured by Dingolfing , Germany
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #308
John Alcock
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i GT

Enjoying 2015 F34

Who called my car a hunchback? I like it, and this is the most recent of a line of BMW cars we have enjoyed. (By the way, this is a second car for shifting dogs and stuff around)
Attached Images

Last edited by John Alcock; 09-10-2017 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0