F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Another Brexit Thread
Extreme Powerhouse
View Poll Results: If you knew last year what you know now, would your vote be:
Brexit then and still Brexit 31 32.29%
Remain then and still Remain 51 53.13%
Brexit then, but Remain now 7 7.29%
Remain then, but Brexit now 7 7.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

10-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #23
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Yep, poor and unpopular, and therefore has a big target on her forehead. But I can?t see how her being shit PM caused her to catch a cold ?

There?s just something distasteful about all the Tory vultures waiting for an excuse to turf her out. By all means do it, but do it because she?s a pointless robot, not because she lost her voice.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 12:19 AM   #24
Black-Rabbit
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

I voted remain, and still think we should remain. Despite the bad points of the EU, which I think there are many I believe we will be better off inside the block.

I can see us loosing influence, businesses and wealth in the coming years
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #25
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post
I voted remain, and still think we should remain. Despite the bad points of the EU, which I think there are many I believe we will be better off inside the block.

i think opposite. EU worked when it was formed many years ago because that was our trading routes. if you wanted something you wasnt going to go on a pilgrimage to china to get it... today it makes no sense. if i want something from USA China etc i can get it tomorrow. why would i want to be restricted to the EU when the world is so much bigger!!

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00
      10-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #26
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post

Too late now.

By 29.03.2019 we will have left the EU

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #27
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
i think opposite. EU worked when it was formed many years ago because that was our trading routes. if you wanted something you wasnt going to go on a pilgrimage to china to get it... today it makes no sense. if i want something from USA China etc i can get it tomorrow. why would i want to be restricted to the EU when the world is so much bigger!!
It still is our "trading routes". The majority of people aren't concerned like you are about where we buy things from. Most are concerned about where we are selling our goods and services, which is more important to the UK economy. 44% goes to the EU.

Anyone who thinks free trade deals with China and the US will fill that potentially huge gap, in my opinion, is living in a state of hope that can't reflect reality. China and the US will be laughing. They'll flood us with their product with any trade deal, not buy ours.

I can understand the words and theory of being masters of our own destinies, being allowed to trade with who we want without bureaucracy and how amazing that could be. I just think that when you think through the practicalities it's just all bollocks, the countries we set up these amazing deals with will benefit more than us.

There is a good reason that the EU haven't just walked into free trade deals with the US and China, but hey we're smarter than that and can negotiate great deals quickly.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #28
rosstin
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i saloon

Funny this.
Approx 6/10 before and 6/10 after, with a few swaps.

I?d be interested to ask either side;
1. how will you gauge ?a brexit success??
2. how long do you think it will take to achieve #1?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 03:53 AM   #29
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

What irritates me more about this process is we seem not to be standing our ground in the negotiations. The government has stated today its now preparing for wto rules in case if a no deal which is good in for practical and negotiating reasons.

She should follow this up with a speech to the EU stating we have tried to meet you half way, offered to pay for a transition deal, offered an early deal for eu citizens and you keep saying no. Well you know what it's our turn now and we are quite prepared to walk away so come back with a decent counter offer and start talking about a trade deal or we are off.

The EU is speaking to Labour more now so we should speak to the EU countries directly as well, if they are playing games so should we.

She should also tell the cabinet in no uncertain terms anyone under minds her they are out, anyone goes off message they are out.

Fecks sake women show some balls!!!
Appreciate 1
f1swk35.50
      10-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #30
antjos1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 330i msport

This is a poll from MSN news.11/10/17
35%
No. I voted to stay in EU, I still would

53%
No. I voted to leave EU, I still would

5%
Yes. I voted to leave EU, I now want to stay

3%
Yes. I voted to stay in EU, I now want to leave

4%
Undecided
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #31
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjos1 View Post
This is a poll from MSN news.11/10/17
35%
No. I voted to stay in EU, I still would

53%
No. I voted to leave EU, I still would

5%
Yes. I voted to leave EU, I now want to stay

3%
Yes. I voted to stay in EU, I now want to leave

4%
Undecided
I'm not sure what that proves.

It proves that they didn't talk to a representative cross section, they talked to more Brexit voters that Remain voters. Those that would vote the same as last time would make no difference to the result, so they're irrelevant, even if there were more talked to from the Leave side.

The only valid bit I suppose is the net 2% change to remain over all those numbers. That would change the last result from 52:48 to 50:50.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #32
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Same with the bimmerpost poll. It doesn't matter that more voted remain, it only matters how much the swing one way or the another. In our poll there was zero change.

Just waiting for Lobb to pop along with his usually post..........
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #33
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
Same with the bimmerpost poll. It doesn't matter that more voted remain, it only matters how much the swing one way or the another. In our poll there was zero change.

Just waiting for Lobb to pop along with his usually post..........
"Usually" post?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #34
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
"Usually" post?

Sorry, "usual post". iPad keyboard deciding what I want to write again instead of just letting me decide for myself.
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00
      10-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #35
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Just seventeen months now, and we'd have left the EU.

Left their debt crisis, left their migration crisis left their banking crisis, left their unemployment crisis......

Yes, so much to look forward to, with the prospects of rising inflation, capital flight, job losses, sterling crashing, travel and work visas, customs queues, staff shortages in health and social care, hospitality, agriculture and education, higher interest rates, bankrupt farmers etc etc
I can’t wait
      10-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #36
AndyEssex330d
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport +

Quote:
Sorry, "usual post". iPad keyboard deciding what I want to write again instead of just letting me decide for myself.
Jesus sounds like your iPad is very undemocratic
      10-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #37
AndyEssex330d
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport +

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Yes, so much to look forward to, with the prospects of rising inflation, capital flight, job losses, sterling crashing, travel and work visas, customs queues, staff shortages in health and social care, hospitality, agriculture and education, higher interest rates, bankrupt farmers etc etc
I can’t wait
      10-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #38
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Inflation will be falling soon.
If capital was going to be re-allocated, it would be happening now, not after 29.03.2019.
We have the lowest rate of unemployment for thirty years. By comparison, youth unemployment is 25% in Spain for example.
You think you'll need a visa to go on holiday to Spain? Given that 13 million Brits travel to Spain each year, that's extremely unlikely.
Why would there be customs queues?
Staff shortages in health care? Quite the opposite. Once we leave the EU, the UK will be free to look for the best applicants from all countries. Not just the EU.
Same for hospitality and education.
Interest rates would have increased Brexit, or not. The prognosis has always been for a shallow increase, with the 'new normal' being 3 - 5%.
If farmers can't run a profitable business, why would the taxpayer want to subsidize them? Once farmers are released from the beaurocrats in the EU, they stand a better chance of succeeding. They have also been given support for the life of this parliament by the government.

Here we go again with all the ifs, buts and maybes. Theory sounds great, but it really is just a pipe dream until it happens.

Oh, and farmers will still be competing with EU farmers, unless you think we're suddenly going to be self sufficient. So unless the eu simultaneously stop subsidies in Europe, how do you expect our farmers to suddenly become stand alone profitable?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #39
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh, and we already do recruit from all nations into the NHS, so leaving the EU isn't going to help that much. 205 nationalities work in the NHS. EU nationals are leaving/no longer arriving in the same numbers to support.

Another great theory, but just doesn't stack up.

A bit like filling any EU trade gap with trade with China and the US. Sounds great in theory, but they would screw us over the minute any trade deal was signed.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #40
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

As someone said in the press, hope and positivity isn't a sound economic strategy, we require a little more.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 01:24 AM   #41
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
I can’t wait
Inflation will be falling soon.
If capital was going to be re-allocated, it would be happening now, not after 29.03.2019.
We have the lowest rate of unemployment for thirty years. By comparison, youth unemployment is 25% in Spain for example.
You think you'll need a visa to go on holiday to Spain? Given that 13 million Brits travel to Spain each year, that's extremely unlikely.
Why would there be customs queues?
Staff shortages in health care? Quite the opposite. Once we leave the EU, the UK will be free to look for the best applicants from all countries. Not just the EU.
Same for hospitality and education.
Interest rates would have increased Brexit, or not. The prognosis has always been for a shallow increase, with the 'new normal' being 3 - 5%.
If farmers can't run a profitable business, why would the taxpayer want to subsidize them? Once farmers are released from the beaurocrats in the EU, they stand a better chance of succeeding. They have also been given support for the life of this parliament by the government.

Dream on
      10-12-2017, 03:08 AM   #42
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Ps. For this poll and thread to stand a chance of not being shut down or locked, I won't participate in any of the "healthy discussion" it may or may not provoke.

Just going to have the occasional nosey at the poll if anyone chooses to fill it out.
Changing your rules again Alex?
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00
      10-12-2017, 04:30 AM   #43
TimMcC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW I01 i3S & Jaguar I-Pace

Quote:
Youth unemployment is 25% in Spain. No it's, no buts.
Yes

Quote:
Interest rates would rise, Brexit or not. No it's, no buts.
Most likely, as you say I don't think Brexit has an impact on it.

Quote:
The EU keeps many foodstuffs circa 20% higher than they need to be, so many will fall in price. No it's no buts........
Yes to the first part, but 'many will fall in price' depends. Our government could elect to keep the price higher as the EU did, likewise where we import a lot of our food we 'could' face tariffs.

It seems likely some will fall in price and others will rise, but we don't really know at this stage.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 05:41 AM   #44
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
A bit like filling any EU trade gap with trade with China and the US. Sounds great in theory, but they would screw us over the minute any trade deal was signed.
I?m curious about this statement.

We already trade with China and the US. How can a smoother import / export process with those countries open us up to exploitation? Genuine question.
Appreciate 0