F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Idiots guide to coding EBT
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #837
s11nny
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: 420I M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Coventry, UK

iTrader: (0)

Wheres read ecu, guide says to read vcm
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #838
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s11nny View Post
Wheres read ecu, guide says to read vcm
They are two buttons, side-by-side, right next to one another.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:04 PM   #839
werewolf81
Private First Class
47
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: BMW 125i
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Hi shawnsheridan !

Are you aware if it's possible to get information about the servers (urls) which the car's ECU uses to get data for the weather app, RTTI and others?

I'm checking if this addresses can be obtained somehow and possibly changed to other values.

I tried to find anything like that in CADL data without any luck. It looks more like typical coding is setting things from active to non active and vice versa.

I'm looking for more advanced settings in this case.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #840
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf81 View Post
Hi shawnsheridan !

Are you aware if it's possible to get information about the servers (urls) which the car's ECU uses to get data for the weather app, RTTI and others?

I'm checking if this addresses can be obtained somehow and possibly changed to other values.

I tried to find anything like that in CADL data without any luck. It looks more like typical coding is setting things from active to non active and vice versa.

I'm looking for more advanced settings in this case.

Thanks!
Sorry, I have no idea about the Server URL. I think though that they are in the Telematics Provisioning file.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #841
RustyBitz
Captain
RustyBitz's Avatar
United Kingdom
262
Rep
831
Posts

Drives: 340i Shadow Edition SO
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cheshire Cat

iTrader: (0)

Is there an updated cheat sheet?

I don't have the car yet but it's the new iDrive with touch screen, will I be able to code?
__________________
CURRENT
340i M Sport Shadow Edition Sunset Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #842
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Is there an updated cheat sheet?

I don't have the car yet but it's the new iDrive with touch screen, will I be able to code?
Yes, NBT2 can be coded, but VIM (Video-In-Motion) Coding Not possible above 63 Kmh.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #843
s11nny
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: 420I M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Coventry, UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for all your help guys, ive successfully did this now, was choosing the wrong option in vcm, minimizing between windows id say is not recommended, on my next coding option i will print the instructions out.
i now have album art which is why i wanted to code.

Can this be done on a 2012 3 series if it has combox, need to do my cousins,
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #844
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s11nny View Post
...Can this be done on a 2012 3 series if it has combox, need to do my cousins,
Yes.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #845
s11nny
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: 420I M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Coventry, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes.
thanks, will do this on his, thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #846
RustyBitz
Captain
RustyBitz's Avatar
United Kingdom
262
Rep
831
Posts

Drives: 340i Shadow Edition SO
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Cheshire Cat

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, NBT2 can be coded, but VIM (Video-In-Motion) Coding Not possible above 63 Kmh.
That's great thanks Shawn, is the software and cheatsheets on the start of this thread still relevant for the NBT2?
__________________
CURRENT
340i M Sport Shadow Edition Sunset Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #847
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
That's great thanks Shawn, is the software and cheatsheets on the start of this thread still relevant for the NBT2?
Cheatsheets have fallen way to E-Sys Launcher Cheats.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #848
daveoc
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 520d
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Enhanced bluetooth

Hi all,
After a lot of reading I am planning to code my 2013 F10 so that I can stream via Bluetooth. Vin is D285592 - could someone confirm I can do this? My reading thus far is that I have 6AC, 6AE, 6NH so should be able to do it.....Also would anyone have a link to the latest software needed, I have ordered the cable already. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #849
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc View Post
Hi all,
After a lot of reading I am planning to code my 2013 F10 so that I can stream via Bluetooth. Vin is D285592 - could someone confirm I can do this? My reading thus far is that I have 6AC, 6AE, 6NH so should be able to do it.....Also would anyone have a link to the latest software needed, I have ordered the cable already. Thanks in advance.
Yes, car has Business Navigation (CHAMP2 Head Unit) and Telematics. PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #850
Jimmy-320msport
Second Lieutenant
19
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: e87 120i sport,f30 320i msport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ayrshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, car has Business Navigation (CHAMP2 Head Unit) and Telematics. PM sent.
As a newbie, ( my vin is F204177) Can you please tell me what Iíve got? All I know is itís a professional head unit as thatís what the salesman told me

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #851
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-320msport View Post
As a newbie, ( my vin is F204177) Can you please tell me what Iíve got? All I know is itís a professional head unit as thatís what the salesman told me

Cheers
You have only the basic ENTRY type Head Unit.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #852
Jimmy-320msport
Second Lieutenant
19
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: e87 120i sport,f30 320i msport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ayrshire

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for that, I think lol does that mean itís not a professional hu ? Where do I start upgrading?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #853
teaston
General
teaston's Avatar
United Kingdom
3963
Rep
21,387
Posts

Drives: 335d M Sport Plus
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norfolk 'n' Good

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-320msport View Post
Thanks for that, I think lol does that mean itís not a professional hu ? Where do I start upgrading?
Yes it is the professional hu, which is the lowest system (non nav), middle is business navigation and top is professional navigation.
__________________
Current: LCI F30 335d M Sport Plus in BSM/CR
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 04:11 AM   #854
werewolf81
Private First Class
47
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: BMW 125i
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Sorry, I have no idea about the Server URL. I think though that they are in the Telematics Provisioning file.
]

Thanks for the answer.

Is there any way to see these files just to check the format etc? If not directly from the car, are they available on the internet?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 07:13 AM   #855
shawnsheridan
Lieutenant General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
14,414
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf81 View Post
]

Thanks for the answer.

Is there any way to see these files just to check the format etc? If not directly from the car, are they available on the internet?
You can Read and write provisioning file with Tool32 and the jobs: lesen_provisioning_data and steuern_provisioning_data.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #856
Jimmy-320msport
Second Lieutenant
19
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: e87 120i sport,f30 320i msport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ayrshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Yes it is the professional hu, which is the lowest system (non nav), middle is business navigation and top is professional navigation.
Cheers for that I love how bmw change the order of their audio by the looks of things my wee 1 series has a better system than my f30 that's 9 years newer it's got tweeters, under seat subs, and the professional system in my e91 sounded infinitely better than my wee 1 series with it's business hu that to be honest sounds better the my new toy!!!

Why the f*ck would some one spec a car with adaptive suspension, adaptive zenons, 19's & brembo's and spec a basic bloody basic hu

Thankfully it's the only thing I will need to sort, well apart from some acs springs

Last edited by Jimmy-320msport; 10-06-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #857
teaston
General
teaston's Avatar
United Kingdom
3963
Rep
21,387
Posts

Drives: 335d M Sport Plus
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norfolk 'n' Good

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-320msport View Post
Cheers for that I love how bmw change the order of their audio by the looks of things my wee 1 series has a better system than my f30 that's 9 years newer it's got tweeters, under seat subs, and the professional system in my e91 sounded infinitely better than my wee 1 series with it's business hu that to be honest sounds better the my new toy!!!

Why the f*ck would some one spec a car with adaptive suspension, adaptive zenons, 19's & brembo's and spec a basic bloody basic hu

Thankfully it's the only thing I will need to sort, well apart from some acs springs
A lot of people donít want the BMW nav as google maps has much better map data, routes & traffic.

The hu choice doesnít affect the speakers, theyíre a separate package. People who just listen to radio 4 or donít turn the music up donít need the upgraded speakers package.
__________________
Current: LCI F30 335d M Sport Plus in BSM/CR
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #858
TimRitchie
Registered
1
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 320D M Sport Touring (F31)
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Enabling EBT

Whilst I wanted to have a go at doing this myself, I didn't want to mess anything up. Obviously BMW wouldn't help me - said it is impossible to add EBT to the car (complete rubbish). I ended up taking it to my local German car specialist who did it for me in an hour or so for £70.
I now really enjoy streaming music in my car. It was really bugging me that I couldn't when I bought the car second hand.

Reply to this if you want the details of my local garage - I live in Altrincham, near Manchester so if you are in the south Manchester area, this is the place to go.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST