F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B48 strange noise : turbo blown ??
GetBMWParts

05-22-2024, 03:27 AM   #1
Chartreux
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Xdrive F31

B48 strange noise : turbo blown ??

Hello,
I have the strange noise coming from the Turbo on my B48 320i

The engine was running very well and strong on motorway. I stopped quickly without stopping the engine and when I re started slowly, this is the noise I noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jN3Sm4SXeSw

Car is actually in BMW and they tell me the turbo is blown. They controlled the charge pipe and intake manifold but no leaks and it's true that we hear the noise coming from the turbo as per gases are passing through it and turbo is not producing pressure.
I've not noticed any smoke on the exhaust, no cooling loss and nothing in the engine oil.

I had the coolant hose issue few weeks ago and engine temp increased a lot, I had orange message asking me to stop, I was obliged to run few minutes at low speed before stopping in security. Maybe the bearing was damaged during this ???

Any idea ?
Appreciate 0