F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
ARMA SPEED

08-09-2015, 02:37 AM   #9109
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.

PSdZData Lite is all that is needed for coding. Win 10 works fine.
Champion~! thanks as always Shawn
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 07:45 AM   #9110
Anerdiracing
Registered
Rep
Drives: 125i F20

Hi Shawnsheridan,
Could you please send me link for latest E-Sys software, datafiles and where can i download latest version of ncdcafdtool i only find v0.3.0

Cheers & thank you so much

Emilio
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #9111
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anerdiracing View Post
Hi Shawnsheridan,
Could you please send me link for latest E-Sys software, datafiles and where can i download latest version of ncdcafdtool i only find v0.3.0

Cheers & thank you so much

Emilio
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #9112
Anerdiracing
Registered
Rep
Drives: 125i F20

Quote:
PM sent.
Thanks as always
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #9113
valley_nomad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

I found the cause of the issue I am having with coding mirror auto fold/unfold feature in FEM_Body. It is caused by incorrect mapping in the group 3110 PfExternalMirrorMaster. I believe starting from the version 14 of FEM_BODY cafd BMW introduced a new function control parameter and inserted it between original 1st byte and 2nd byte data in that group. Since this is a one bit parameter the insertion we see in new CAFD file includes two data elements -- PfExternalMirrorMaster_1_1_1 for this new single-bit parameter and UNBELEGT for rest 7-bit unsigned space in new 2nd byte. Therefore the rest of data in 3110 group are pushed by one byte. However, as shown in the attachment, the mapping mechanism in the E-Sys Launcher I am using didn't really realize the situation. Although it successfully detected the new parameter, it thought the new item was just a replacement for ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA instead of a newly inserted byte. So all data starting from 3rd byte in 3110 group are incorrectly presented in new CAFD off by one byte That is why we couldn't find ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN. It is also why I located the wrong data when I tried to fix it yesterday.

So it looks like the mapping algorithm in E-Sys Launcher needs some improvement. It seems that now it just looks at the parameter position and its size (i.e. bit mask) without considering other factors such as default value and options. This may be still an easy fix as right now BMW seems to just insert new items into the existing data without totally reordering them and/or regrouping them. Things will turn really ugly once they start doing it....

Update:

It turns out that the extra bit they added is not a new function parameter at all. It is actually ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN. It was originally the MSB bit of first byte in the group 3110 PfMirrorMaster. Now it has been moved by 1bit so it become the LSB bit of newsly inserted 2nd byte. So the mapping mechanism failed to detect this change as well. It somehow believes that the MSB bit of 1st byte is still ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN while in fact this bit is now unsigned and PfExternalMirrorMaster_1_1_1 is new ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN...

So it looks like that BMW hates the feature of mirror auto folding/unfolding so much that they deliberately shifted ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN by 1 bit and consequently changed the locations of almost all data in PfMirrorMaster just to screw the coding of adding this feature Not sure why.... Maybe they got too many bad mirror motors to replace?

Here is the workaround for coding the feature in F020-15-07-50X using E-Sys Launcher Premium V2.2.1 Build 63:

For activating ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN:
PfExternalMirrorMaster_1_1_1 -> aktiv

For activating ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN:
PfExternalMirrorMaster_8_8_1 -> aktiv

Hopefully the fix will be short-lived as the better mapping mechanism can be most likely expected in next version of E-Sys Launcher Premium.
Attached Images

Last edited by valley_nomad; 08-10-2015 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 2
      08-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #9114
Mojave92
yunior
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i Xdiver (f36)

Garage List
Finally get my f10 code:
So far:
Mirror windows with fob.
Trunk with fob
Auto stop start , last setting
Eco pro ,default on start
Angel eyes 100% with headlights on
Auto unlock
V.i.m
Attached Images

08-12-2015, 05:11 AM   #9115
mikestje
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d F13

Garage List
Shawn, is it possible to change the codes of the drivers and passengers seat on my F13?
What I mean is using the memory and other seat switches with the door closed, engine on and no time limit?
Thanks

Last edited by mikestje; 08-12-2015 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #9116
IllLojik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: //'12 F30 328i\\

I have a service appointment this Friday for my 40k service.
So far I
VO coded Enhanced Bluetooth
and FDL coded Flashing brake lights, weather radio, TPS Temp Sensors,DVD in motion, Windows and mirrors open/close via KeyFOB, etc

Will any of these (especially the VO coding) be an issue when I bring it in? DO I need to code back to stock?
Thanks in advance.
      08-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #9117
marcospoffo
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 320 F30 - 2013

There is some code to the passenger mirror down to engage reverse gear?
I checked the select button. Does not work.

This problem is in a F20 from a friend. But I think there should be some code. Thank you
      08-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #9118
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllLojik View Post
I have a service appointment this Friday for my 40k service.
So far I
VO coded Enhanced Bluetooth
and FDL coded Flashing brake lights, weather radio, TPS Temp Sensors,DVD in motion, Windows and mirrors open/close via KeyFOB, etc

Will any of these (especially the VO coding) be an issue when I bring it in? DO I need to code back to stock?
Thanks in advance.
If you modified and FA, and just loaded it for Coding, you have nothing to worry about. If you wrote modified FA to car VCM, I would restore original FA to VCM.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #9119
IllLojik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you modified and FA, and just loaded it for Coding, you have nothing to worry about. If you wrote modified FA to car VCM, I would restore original FA to VCM.

Ok. Honestly I wasn't aware you could VO code WITHOUT writing your modifications to the car.

Basically I followed a similar guide to this:
http://codingf10.com/how-to-edit-vo-...by-step-guide/

Changed 6na to 6ns> wrote to car, the VO coded the ECU.

I guess I have to change it back to 6na and code the ECU.
      08-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #9120
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllLojik View Post

Ok. Honestly I wasn't aware you could VO code WITHOUT writing your modifications to the car.

Basically I followed a similar guide to this:
http://codingf10.com/how-to-edit-vo-...by-step-guide/

Changed 6na to 6ns> wrote to car, the VO coded the ECU.

I guess I have to change it back to 6na and code the ECU.
I think you mean 6NH...

You do not need to worry about recoding it. Just make sure proper FA is in VCM.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #9121
IllLojik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you mean 6NH...

You do not need to worry about recoding it. Just make sure proper FA is in VCM.
Yes, sorry, 6nh.
Will do. Thanks.
      08-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #9122
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestje View Post
Shawn, is it possible to change the codes of the drivers and passengers seat on my F13?
What I mean is using the memory and other seat switches with the door closed, engine on and no time limit?
Thanks
Sorry, but I have no idea on this.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #9123
favourhisashi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i sport

Hi Shawn,

Can you send me a link to newest version of psdzdata?

Thank You!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #9124
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by favourhisashi View Post
Hi Shawn,

Can you send me a link to newest version of psdzdata?

Thank You!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #9125
Anchored
Banned
Rep
Drives: E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
I found the cause of the issue I am having with coding mirror auto fold/unfold feature in FEM_Body. It is caused by incorrect mapping in the group 3110 PfExternalMirrorMaster. I believe starting from the version 14 of FEM_BODY cafd BMW introduced a new function control parameter and inserted it between original 1st byte and 2nd byte data in that group. Since this is a one bit parameter the insertion we see in new CAFD file includes two data elements -- PfExternalMirrorMaster_1_1_1 for this new single-bit parameter and UNBELEGT for rest 7-bit unsigned space in new 2nd byte. Therefore the rest of data in 3110 group are pushed by one byte. However, as shown in the attachment, the mapping mechanism in the E-Sys Launcher I am using didn't really realize the situation. Although it successfully detected the new parameter, it thought the new item was just a replacement for ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA instead of a newly inserted byte. So all data starting from 3rd byte in 3110 group are incorrectly presented in new CAFD off by one byte That is why we couldn't find ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN. It is also why I located the wrong data when I tried to fix it yesterday.

So it looks like the mapping algorithm in E-Sys Launcher needs some improvement. It seems that now it just looks at the parameter position and its size (i.e. bit mask) without considering other factors such as default value and options. This may be still an easy fix as right now BMW seems to just insert new items into the existing data without totally reordering them and/or regrouping them. Things will turn really ugly once they start doing it....

Update:

It turns out that the extra bit they added is not a new function parameter at all. It is actually ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN. It was originally the MSB bit of first byte in the group 3110 PfMirrorMaster. Now it has been moved by 1bit so it become the LSB bit of newsly inserted 2nd byte. So the mapping mechanism failed to detect this change as well. It somehow believes that the MSB bit of 1st byte is still ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN while in fact this bit is now unsigned and PfExternalMirrorMaster_1_1_1 is new ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN...

So it looks like that BMW hates the feature of mirror auto folding/unfolding so much that they deliberately shifted ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN by 1 bit and consequently changed the locations of almost all data in PfMirrorMaster just to screw the coding of adding this feature Not sure why.... Maybe they got too many bad mirror motors to replace?

Here is the workaround for coding the feature in F020-15-07-50X using E-Sys Launcher Premium V2.2.1 Build 63:

Hopefully the fix will be short-lived as the better mapping mechanism can be most likely expected in next version of E-Sys Launcher Premium.

Good find. had the same issue with Launcher Pro. any thoughts TokenMaster
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #9126
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Talking 2016 Navigation Map Updates

2016 Navigation Map Updates are starting to be released.

Available now are the following 2016 Maps:

North America PREMIUM 2016-1 (CIC Systems)

North America NEXT 2016-1 (NBT Systems)

North America ROUTE 2016-1 (ENTRYNAV Systems)

A VIN Specific 2016 Map FSC Coded is needed to install a new map.

If you want to update, and need both FSC Code and Map, I have an excellent source.

PM me for details.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #9127
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchored
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post

Update:

Good find. had the same issue with Launcher Pro. any thoughts TokenMaster
Would like to know if this is now working again, I really miss folding my mirrors with Keyfob. Anyone had any luck with it?
      08-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #9128
valley_nomad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
Would like to know if this is now working again, I really miss folding my mirrors with Keyfob. Anyone had any luck with it?
The workaround listed in my post works for me. To get this feature I just changed four function parameters under FEM_BODY

in 3110 PfExtrernalMirrorMaster:

in 3053 PwMaster:

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB -> aktiv

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte=00
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #9129
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
The workaround listed in my post works for me. To get this feature I just changed four function parameters under FEM_BODY

in 3110 PfExtrernalMirrorMaster:

in 3053 PwMaster:

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB -> aktiv

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte=00
Thanks!!! Can't wait to try this, went in for service a couple of weeks ago and with the latest update my car was coded for a couple of things but we couldn't find the folding mirrors option
      08-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #9130
Crasherr
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15, 2024 G80

Can I get the link to newest version of psdzdata please?
Appreciate 0