F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

03-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #1167
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Bimmertech's website had the answer:

"The front view camera can easily be activated by holding the Option button for 2 seconds. To exit camera mode, just press Back. It can also be set up to appear automatically for up to 20 seconds when shifting from Reverse to Drive."

Assuming the Andream box would work in a similar way ... Ordering a front camera shortly!
sounds good, thanks for looking. since we know bimmertech doesn't actually do anything for themselves than clearly that should work on all the sibling boxes

anyone have a front camera they recommend? just seems a few on ebay

Last edited by nitsuj17; 03-06-2020 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #1168
rogersmj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

I'm still having a lot of problems with the unit not connecting to my iPhone automatically. I spent well over 5 minutes yesterday futzing with resetting it, clearing out the CarPlay pairing on my phone and trying to re-pair, etc. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it just will not connect.

What's odd is that on the iPhone's CarPlay setting screen, when it's first searching for it, it shows as Carplay8003830 or something along those lines. Then once it connects, it switches to being identified as "GPLink". When the unit won't connect, I sometimes can go into this settings screen on the iPhone and I see both GPLink (under "My Cars") *and* the Carplay8003830 (under the new available CarPlay list).

Where can I keep an eye out for updated firmware for this thing?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 04:48 PM   #1169
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmj View Post
I'm still having a lot of problems with the unit not connecting to my iPhone automatically. I spent well over 5 minutes yesterday futzing with resetting it, clearing out the CarPlay pairing on my phone and trying to re-pair, etc. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it just will not connect.

What's odd is that on the iPhone's CarPlay setting screen, when it's first searching for it, it shows as Carplay8003830 or something along those lines. Then once it connects, it switches to being identified as "GPLink". When the unit won't connect, I sometimes can go into this settings screen on the iPhone and I see both GPLink (under "My Cars") *and* the Carplay8003830 (under the new available CarPlay list).

Where can I keep an eye out for updated firmware for this thing?
All currently released and available firmware is on the front page.... whenever something new is out it's posted in here whether it's bummertech, andream, carlinkit or the others

What is your current system and MCU? What BMW hu do you have? Does it always not connect or just sporadically? Have you tried different MCU and system files in combination with each other? Do you have the andream box? Which iPhone do you have? Are you connected to home wifi when trying to pair?

Good to know if trying to figure out a solution
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 06:25 AM   #1170
astrapowerrr
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

Hi all,

I’m new here and this is a very interesting post to follow. I have the andream box installed in my i3.

2 things I have to sort out.
1 echo with phone calls. But only when I volume up. Not on low volume, then all is ok.
2 can I change the volume of Siri etc.
When listening to music and want to activate Siri that voice is less volume than my music. And I can’t hear it very well.
Also while navigating through maps. Voice is low on volume.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #1171
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrapowerrr View Post
Hi all,

I’m new here and this is a very interesting post to follow. I have the andream box installed in my i3.

2 things I have to sort out.
1 echo with phone calls. But only when I volume up. Not on low volume, then all is ok.
2 can I change the volume of Siri etc.
When listening to music and want to activate Siri that voice is less volume than my music. And I can’t hear it very well.
Also while navigating through maps. Voice is low on volume.
These mic settings seem to improve the echo issue.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      03-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #1172
Aurelion
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Couple of questions that I haven’t put a lot of thought about using this box for 2 weeks now,
1. Am I the only one not seeing the volume control bar when changing the volume? Right now the volume would go up and down with the steering wheel control as well as the knob on central console but wont show the any bar on screen.
2. Does the steering whee control(wheel) for next/prev track work for you guys? Right now the buttons are the only thing I use on the far right of the central console to change tracks.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #1173
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelion View Post
1. Am I the only one not seeing the volume control bar when changing the volume?
I don't think CarPlay shows such bar

Quote:
2. Does the steering whee control(wheel) for next/prev track work for you guys?
The andream firmware didn't skip/prev songs for me and vía AliExpress they told me it was not supported. For that reason i am running the btech firmware
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 04:06 PM   #1174
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Couple of questions that I haven’t put a lot of thought about using this box for 2 weeks now,
1. Am I the only one not seeing the volume control bar when changing the volume? Right now the volume would go up and down with the steering wheel control as well as the knob on central console but wont show the any bar on screen.
2. Does the steering whee control(wheel) for next/prev track work for you guys? Right now the buttons are the only thing I use on the far right of the central console to change tracks.
Don't believe carplay shows volume slider

Do you mean the slight turn up or down and click like on idrive to switch tracks? That doesn't work because the clickwheel moves the cursor when you do that in carplay. With my carlinkit on latest firmware the buttons on the head unit work, clicking on idrive wheel when the cursor is on the next track (and same with steering wheel clickwheel) and clicking left or right on idrive controller switch tracks for me
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 06:58 PM   #1175
Bangher
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Which sound system do you have? The green fiber optic cords are sometimes over looked, they need moved to the new harness.
I have the Harmon Kardon system and I did transfer the fiber optic cable.
Not sure what else to try
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 07:04 PM   #1176
Bangher
Private
Rep

Quote:
While I am listening to music on an external hard drive and have waze up (still don't hear anything from waze), I find that if you long press and scroll the wheel, you can change tracks.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 07:06 PM   #1177
Bangher
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
is it just waze or is it system wide that sound isn't working?

if its system wide, its most likely the optical not being switching to the mmi harness
Its not system wide, I can mirror a youtube video and that works
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 05:37 AM   #1178
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangher View Post
While I am listening to music on an external hard drive and have waze up (still don't hear anything from waze), I find that if you long press and scroll the wheel, you can change tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangher View Post
Its not system wide, I can mirror a youtube video and that works
are you listening to music on idrive through USB then?

If that's the case then you wouldn't have sound in Waze. It's either carplay or idrive for sound, not both at the same time. You would have to listen to music on carplay
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 09:09 AM   #1179
Teecue
Rep
Drives: F30

I'm looking to install an MMI in 328xi (F30)
Car production date: 5/27/2015
Current HU: Entry Nav
Screen: 6.5"(NO Navigation)
Used screen bought: 8.8" (see image)

Question 1: Do l need to code the current HU for the widescreen mode before installing the MMI or will the MMI upscale the signal from the HU?

Question 2: What software version , for the MMI, is the most current/ trouble free and how can one tell before ordering the MMI?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #1180
neosolidus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hey guys I have an andream box with the latest software posted a page ago or so and have been having several issues and I was wondering if anyone else was having them or if I possible have a defective unit.

I have had the box installed for a week and it has frozen/crashed twice, also had it where audio was skipping like if you were playing an scratched CD which I had to disconnect the phone to fix.

Also had the unit video mess up like it had bad connection(picture attached below) but when i switched to BMW oem it was fine so it was not a hardware wiring issue just an mmi software issue.

also has anyone else notice how turning off the vehicle does not reset(shut off) the box at least not immediately, which means that this unit seems to be powered all the time even when ignition is off.

Name:  IMG_20200304_111113.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  347.5 KB

Last edited by neosolidus; 03-08-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 09:59 AM   #1181
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teecue View Post

Question 1: Do l need to code the current HU for the widescreen mode before installing the MMI or will the MMI upscale the signal from the HU?

Question 2: What software version , for the MMI, is the most current/ trouble free and how can one tell before ordering the MMI?

Thanks
You should install the new CID first and code the screen (I didn't have to do the resolution just screen type)

Then the mmi....but you could really do it all at once.

I plugged the new CID in, coded and made sure it worked right then installed the mmi and reverse cam all in one shot. Took about 3 hours, mostly just taking trim off and placing it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosolidus View Post
Hey guys I have an andream box with the latest software posted a page ago or so and have been having several issues and I was wondering if anyone else was having them or if I possible have a defective unit.

I have had the box installed for a week and it has frozen/crashed twice, also had it where audio was skipping like if you were playing an scratched CD which I had to disconnect the phone to fix.

Also had the unit video mess up like it had bad connection(picture attached below) but when i switched to BMW oem it was fine so it was not a hardware wiring issue just an mmi software issue.

also has anyone else notice how turning off the vehicle does not reset(shut off) the box at least not immediately, which means that this unit seems to be powered all the time even when ignition is off.

Attachment 2255350
You could take out the mmi and reconnect just to check, but looks like the box might be bad
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 10:39 AM   #1182
neosolidus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:

You could take out the mmi and reconnect just to check, but looks like the box might be bad
Thats the weird thing, most of time it works fine, of 9 days of use it has had issues 3 times, which is why I was wondering if it was glitchy software.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #1183
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Not MMI related, the car still has power for several minuten after ignition off.

For the rest, yeah seems like a broken MMI.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #1184
astrapowerrr
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Quote:
Not MMI related, the car still has power for several minuten after ignition off.

For the rest, yeah seems like a broken MMI.
To be honest. Every time I get near the car I get the notification that Siri shortcut has done its work. So that means when connected to CarPlay it starts a Spotify playlist.
When I look at my phone it's WiFi is connected to the mmi. Even when the car is parked for more then 24h...

So the mmi looking for connection and making one is 24/7.

Oh and I still can't figure out how to get Siri volume equal to music volume...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #1185
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Mine does not do that. When power is cut, car is locked , it switches off, bluetooth and wifi disconnect. It reconnects when i unlock the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #1186
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Mine does not do that. When power is cut, car is locked , it switches off, bluetooth and wifi disconnect. It reconnects when i unlock the car.
Yup, which can make it seem like it connected early. The shortcut running when I unlocked surprised me the first time
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 04:24 PM   #1187
Teecue
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teecue View Post

Thanks
You should install the new CID first and code the screen (I didn't have to do the resolution just screen type)

Then the mmi....but you could really do it all at once.

I plugged the new CID in, coded and made sure it worked right then installed the mmi and reverse cam all in one shot. Took about 3 hours, mostly just taking trim off and placing it back

Quote:

Attachment 2255350
Thanks!
Teecue
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 07:21 PM   #1188
rogersmj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
All currently released and available firmware is on the front page.... whenever something new is out it's posted in here whether it's bummertech, andream, carlinkit or the others

What is your current system and MCU? What BMW hu do you have? Does it always not connect or just sporadically? Have you tried different MCU and system files in combination with each other? Do you have the andream box? Which iPhone do you have? Are you connected to home wifi when trying to pair?

Good to know if trying to figure out a solution
Thanks for the heads up on the software in post #3, I will watch that. Yes, I have the Andream unit (are people posting troubleshooting in here that don't have the Andream unit? This is the Andream thread.) The behavior where it doesn't connect is sporadic. I have spent over a week experimenting and can't find any consistency. Doesn't matter if I'm connected to home wifi or not. Doesn't matter if the phone is sitting literally inches from the Andream's antenna or not. It will sometimes just choose not to connect after doing so 10 times that day successfully.

I have CUST v2.0.2.7.gpe.b which is the newest from Andream. MCU 20.1.4.11.

Headunit is BMW_NBT.

I have not yet tried changing any of the software since it seems to be up to date. Slightly afraid of breaking something since when it does connect, all other behavior is perfect.
Appreciate 0