F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Good deal on a used 320d (xDrive)?
ARMA SPEED

01-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
dsoffers
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d Touring (2016)

Question Good deal on a used 320d (xDrive)?

As this is my very first post here I hope I'm in the right place.. For the last few months I've had the feeling like my current car (Opel Astra H GTC) isn't sufficient for my needs anymore. Last month I had to drive over 2000km (1200mi) for work alone which had me visiting the gas station every 3 days. This pretty much accelerated my plans to ditch the Opel and switch to a Diesel.. I've been looking up a lot during the last few weeks while keeping an eye on BMW's Premium Selection cars, and I believe I've stumbled upon a pretty good deal. It wouldn't hurt to get some expert opinions though, so that's why I'm posting it here.

I've never owned a BMW before, my first car was a Peugeot 306 XNd and then the before mentioned Opel Astra GTC. This would also be my first automatic as I've always driven manual cars.

The one I'm looking at is a Alpine White BMW 320d xDrive Berline, it is a little over 2 years old and has 25600km (+-15900mi) on it. They're asking 30.000€ (around 31.350$).

The following specs are what's listed on the Premium Selection website (and translated to English), some of it may be standard but I'm not 100% sure, which is why I'm just going to list it all.
* 2TB - Sport automatic transmission
* 216 - Servotronic
* 255 - Sport steering wheel
* 258 - Runflat tires
* 3AG - Reversing camera
* 322 - Comfort Access
* 403 - Electric roof
* 430 - Auto dimming in- and outside mirrors
* 494 - Heated front seats
* 508 - Park Distance Control front & back
* 520 - Foglights
* 521 - Rain and Light sensor
* 522 - Xenon headlights
* 534 - Automatic Climate Control with 2 zones
* 544 - Cruise Control with braking function
* 609 - Professional navigation
* 610 - Head-Up Display
* Alpenweiss III with Leather Dakota "Schwartz" interior.
The rims & tires are not listed in the ad, but I was told by the dealer they're official 18" M(-sport?) rims with Runflat tires.

It also has Surround View, Parking Assist and a 2 year warranty from the dealer. (The dealer gets very good comments and reviews online by the way, which definitely is a bonus in my opinion.)

The color isn't a problem for me as I almost bought my Opel in white, but it was sold before I could get to it so I settled for black. As for options this car has pretty much everything I wanted (except for an alarm) and more.

I get the feeling this is a pretty option-loaded car for a good price, but is it really?

I have an appointment on Saturday to test drive the car. This was supposed to happen last weekend last weekend but the weather was too bad and I didn't want to take any chances. It had been snowing and raining all night and the roads were pretty awful. As the car is sitting on 18" Summer tires at the moment I figured it would not be such a good experience. I did check it out in person and had the opportunity to briefly sit in it and I was already pleasantly impressed. It did hurt a little to leave it there without driving it though..

Last but not least, some pictures (taken by the dealer):

Last edited by dsoffers; 01-09-2017 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: forgot to mention Surround View
Appreciate 0