F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > EU-spec F36 AW 428i GC M-sport waiting patiently!
proTUNING Freaks

05-22-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

EU-spec F36 AW 428i GC M-sport waiting patiently!

Hey everyone!

Just got these pics from my SA, car sitting at the dealership waiting for paperwork to come through!

Those are the non orbit grey 442M 19" wheels!

Quite a few options on it, hoping to start a build thread soon!
Definitely doing a goodbye shoot with this and the E90 side by side! (god I will miss that 'little' car)

Most likely:
-amber delete on the rear tail light (if possible, it looks HUGE in this pic!)
-some coding
-19 or 20 aftermarket summer wheels
-335i exhaust conversion if I can find one!

maybe:
-gloss black wrap on the roof and mirrors
-black grills
-m side decal removal (originaly ordered the no decal option but seems like they forgot, then again it doesn't look that bad on a white one!)
-custom license plate

For now just enjoy these pics

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Nice and your list of mods is great!

I noticed there is no badge on the rear? Do cars in EU not come with badging?

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe
Nice and your list of mods is great!

I noticed there is no badge on the rear? Do cars in EU not come with badging?
Thanks! Pics don't do it justice it's being detailed right now, damn what a head turner!

They do come with badging from the factory but the debadge option is pretty popular here..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
bora
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: MY2017 520d G30 M pack

Garage List
Nice. I had also my 420d GC yesterday, but in glacier silver. great car look beautiful
MY 2013 320d F30 | M-Sport | 19” M Sport Rims | M Sport Brakes | Alpinweis III | Hexagon cloth alcantara | Alu Hexagon blue Line | Exclusive Pack | Connectivity pack | sport AT| sunroof | sun glass | seat heating | M Performance Power kit / exhaust / Black grill
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #5
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

I thought you guys had to pay extra for the badging? That's why there are so many not running any badges
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #6
Titan 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 325ci ~ F36 428ix

Great looking car! Can't wait to see your modding in action!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #7
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bora View Post
Nice. I had also my 420d GC yesterday, but in glacier silver. great car look beautiful
Nice, congrats! Be sure to post some pics if you haven't already! Saw a Glacier Silver in the showroom, beautiful color on the GC as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
I thought you guys had to pay extra for the badging? That's why there are so many not running any badges
lol no we might be weird but not that weird! They all come with badge standard but the debadging option is free. (rear and flank separately available)
The thing is though most cars in the EU are, thanks to ridiculous laws and emission taxes, 16, 18 or 20 d or i. I guess it just doesn't have the same ring to it as 35i! Imagine how many Americans would debadge if theirs said 418D even though they are great cars.. coming from a 318D myself! That plus I just like em clean and symmetrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan 3 View Post
Great looking car! Can't wait to see your modding in action!
Thanks! Expect the next batch of pics after the detailing is done!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #8
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Mine says 328d, still not the 335d I wanted though
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #9
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
Mine says 328d, still not the 335d I wanted though
I know, don't take it the wrong way not trying to diss 28s or anything I just bought one as well and probably would've gone diesel if it was available

Just trying to explain why debadging is more of a cultural thing here.. Feels almost standard to tick debadge before anything else!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 07:16 AM   #10
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Great to see fellow Belgian's on the forum
Nice ride

I like debadging for similar reasons: it looks cleaner, nicer in my opinion just as you mention (symmetrical) and it's also easier to keep the car clean if you ask me. Around those badges, dirt gathers and it's annoying to clean around them properly

I've asked for no badges (side and rear) - I even wanted to get rid of "Gran Coupe" on the window but that's not in the list of options apparently
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #11
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe
Great to see fellow Belgian's on the forum
Nice ride

I like debadging for similar reasons: it looks cleaner, nicer in my opinion just as you mention (symmetrical) and it's also easier to keep the car clean if you ask me. Around those badges, dirt gathers and it's annoying to clean around them properly

I've asked for no badges (side and rear) - I even wanted to get rid of "Gran Coupe" on the window but that's not in the list of options apparently
Thanks man! I've seen you around the forums lately you're waiting for a frozen grey GC right? That should come out beautiful can't wait for pics!

There's a frozen black m4 at my dealer atm damn it looks the part!

Agree on the badges, especially the dirt around the side ones damn! but I like the gran coupe one! I've even kept the side badges and now added a chrome M4 grille where I took off the 4 and repositioned the M to the middle of the black bar I know it's not some people's cup of tea but it actually looks really nice and agressive on the Alpine White imho! Dual slats look great! I'm sure you'll reach that stage soon!

Last edited by Bols; 02-22-2016 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #12
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bols View Post
Thanks man! I've seen you around the forums lately you're waiting for a frozen grey GC right? That should come out beautiful can't wait for pics!

There's a frozen black m4 at my dealer atm damn it looks the part!

Agree on the badges, especially the dirt around the side ones damn! but I like the gran coupe one! I've even kept the side badges and now added a chrome M4 grille where I took off the 4 and repositioned the M to the middle of the black bar I know it's not some people's cup of tea but it actually looks really nice and agressive on the Alpine White imho! Dual slats look great! I'm sure you'll reach that stage soon!
Yeah, I'm impatiently awaiting my new ride it's supposed to arrive by May. A long wait because of the individual color (6-8 weeks on top of normal delivery) as apparently they have to transport the car to another factory to get the color on (at least so I was told).

I was doubting to either go for M Performance Grill or Dual slats, still not sure about it, the M Performance Grill is on my order at dealership but I also plan to order from RW Carbon (carbon sideskirt extension) so I might also order a grill from there and change it (some stuff was missing on my order - for example aluminated M Performance inlay for door steps) anyway so I guess I can still swap stuff). Would be great to see a comparison!

Can you post some pictures of the changes you've made, always interesting to see what it looks like
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Bols What did you end up upgrading?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #14
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
(carbon sideskirt extension)

Can you post some pictures of the changes you've made, always interesting to see what it looks like
Also thinking about the side skirt extensions they look nice in pictures but never seen them in real life before! I'll try to do that after the next mods have been installed just need to find some time and good weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Bols What did you end up upgrading?
Well, I actually went quite a different route! Scratched black mirrors and roof from the list and just this weekend added the M4 dual-slat chrome surround grill! So much better looking wow! Took off the 4 and repositioned the M to the middle.. Looks really nice to me even though I know some can't stand the sight of it!

Other than that I have a 2nd hand 35i exhaust, diffuser and clamp just laying around in the living room till the guy from the shop responds to my mails/phone calls lol..

I've also just read some great news about spacers with approval papers for Belgium's (sometimes ridiculous) technical checks so probably adding those soon! All other brands of spacers are forbidden here :/

Very pleased with the way the car looks though! Maybe some new wheels in the next few years I just wish BMW made slightly narrower versions of the 437M
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #15
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Belgium is a pain in the * in terms of legal requirements and modding a car

That's why I'm trying to stick to OEM parts as much as possible for the time being because I don't want things to get messy.

I had a slightly modded car when I was younger and it causes me lots of pain, cops would really target me and pull me over and it became really annoying although every little modification was legal and on paper
Appreciate 0