F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Car ordered....patiently waiting....
Studio RSR

02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #45
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Hi everyone, another newbie here. Yesterday I ordered the following

320D M Sport Touring
Estoril blue
Black dakota leather
Professional Multimedia
19"M Star-spoke style 403
Sport auto
Sun Protection glass
Electric folding mirrors
Heated front seats
EB interior finisher
Front & Rear PDC

Ordered yesterday as factory build starts Monday and should be delivered 0n 12 March 2013.

I have part exchanged an F61 520D M Sport Touring which I bought new in Dec 2010.

I test drove a 330D Touring too and whilst it was monstrously quick the times I could use the power were limited in every day use and also I felt paying over £45k was too much for a 3 Series !

Now thinking what other options I should have gone for.....
But £45k is the retail price closer than you think with a nice discount
Car sounds very nice but I'm at bit bias
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #46
PopeHamish
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peacock View Post
Any of you guys got a date yet for delivery?

I am going to chase dealer once we are into March....getting a bit twitchy now...
I've had my date confirmed for 4th March - so just 11 sleepless nights to go!

The annoying thing is that my dealer said they'd have it ready for the 1st but my lease company insisted on the 4th as that's when my current co. car runs to (a huge 3 days difference!)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #47
PopeHamish
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I think the general consensus is......

If you live in a big city (London for example) and only drive 2 miles in any direction....and only listen to one main station.....then DAB is no advantage.

If you, like me, drive all other the place, like a bigger choice of stations, then DAB is a godsend.......I'd pay £600 for it

Some will make you believe that DAB sound is squashed, but I have not found this. If you think ANY radio broadcasts in full high fi sound then you need to go to specsavers and have a hearing test.
That's great to hear - I drive all over the place and currently have a series of FM radio stations stored for up and down the country (annoying as the signal fails as soon as something good is on)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #48
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeHamish View Post
That's great to hear - I drive all over the place and currently have a series of FM radio stations stored for up and down the country (annoying as the signal fails as soon as something good is on)
Yes

How long is the current F30 waiting list? About 8 weeks? I place my order tomorrow I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #49
Chris Peacock
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M-Sport

Possibly getting car on Thurs 28th, just awaiting final confirmation....would be nice to pick up for Easter break.

Fingers crossed........
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #50
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Possibly getting car on Thurs 28th, just awaiting final confirmation....would be nice to pick up for Easter break.

Fingers crossed........
I've been given the same date and agree - just before Easter would be good!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #51
Dannyb21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: TBC...

I get mine on Saturday, looking forward to it now. I shall post up some pics if I get chance.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #52
planemad
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 Audi SQ7 & 2019 AM DB11
Location: The Democratic Peoples Republic Of South East England

I'm getting my 320d ED of Friday morning in Liquid Blue.

Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #53
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

phoned my dealers today for an update, as they seem incapable of updating me....

ordered jan.. the car has been at the showroom since last Thursday...

but they are telling me the end of March for collection as they have to mess around with my plate...

Not happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #54
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post
phoned my dealers today for an update, as they seem incapable of updating me....

but they are telling me the end of March for collection as they have to mess around with my plate...

Not happy.
Seems very poor to me I ordered mid feb and had two updates already , and have dedicated girl tracking my car gets back within a day if I ask for anything
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #55
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

The purchase is a bit complicated for a few reaons, but the dealer assured me it was no probs , hence why i went with them in the first place. But that doesn't excuse the massive lack of info coming my way.

After reading the thread about leasing its clear I can get a better car far cheaper than I have signed up for. It appears I can have an xdrive 330m cheaper than my select 320m, I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the order even though the car is only miles away from me.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #56
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:

Fingers crossed........
If I remember your order was 2 weeks after me, so my car was effectively ready on Thursday. So based on that I would say end of next week???

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjohal View Post
I've been given the same date and agree - just before Easter would be good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post

Not happy.
Rubbish! Is it a cherished plate Transfer? Mine took 1 week to put it on retention, and sent the relevant docs ready for when the car came. Dealer said as long as they have the retention certificate, they will have the authority to put the plates on and can sort out paper work with DVLA later
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #57
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Hi - another newbie here - ordered a couple of weeks back. Currently looking like 29/4. Hoping to add HK Speaker Upgrade too. Spec as ordered below. Didn't go with Xenons as the local neds have tried to rip em out of my R32 twice now. Rather not have them than worry about the car.

320d M Sport Saloon
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota Leather
Professional Media
Heated Seats
Electric Lumbar
Sport Auto
Split Rear Seats
EB dashboard trim
18" M Sport 5 Spokes
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #58
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Well that was bloody quick - it's apparently beyond spec changes already, so no HK or Xenons. It's "released to carrier" and will soon be on a boat according to the dealer. Anyone any idea how long it takes to go from that status to dealer? Is it likely to sit at port of exit for a couple of weeks?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #59
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
wow that does sound quick. Praps there was a build slot available to them... I hope that happens to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #60
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

I'm supremely annoyed with myself for not ordering HK speakers. I had read that the standard were very good and so decided against HK. However I now realised that I was reading the US forum where their standard = our Business Speakers, and that our standard speakers are rubbish. So I've spent a wad on the Professional Media pack with shitty speakers to show it off. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #61
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolight View Post
I'm supremely annoyed with myself for not ordering HK speakers. I had read that the standard were very good and so decided against HK. However I now realised that I was reading the US forum where their standard = our Business Speakers, and that our standard speakers are rubbish. So I've spent a wad on the Professional Media pack with shitty speakers to show it off. Oh well.
Am 100% with you as I'm in the same boat. Heard rumour of an Alpine upgrade for the F30 but local dealer said 'no details, maybe BMW UK will know' and BMW UK said 'contact your local dealer'.

Haven't really pursued it that much because I'm really chuffed that after 11K miles now, the car still doesn't rattle, squeak or buzz and anything involving removing door panels or bits of the dashboard could change that. (But then I would have a decent stereo to drown out the rattles I suppose).

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #62
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Rob, part numbers for the Alpine system are in the catalog. Maybe get those and then ask your dealer????
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #63
Chris Peacock
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M-Sport

Car is now at dealers so we are all systems go for collection next week

Interesting in respect of speakers, glad I have gone for business speaker upgrade too by the sounds of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #64
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolight View Post
I have Media Pro with Standard Speakers. It's not shitty... On the contrary, my friends tell me how good it is...

I haven't heard the HKs so can't miss something I have never experienced
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #65
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Car is now at dealers so we are all systems go for collection next week

Interesting in respect of speakers, glad I have gone for business speaker upgrade too by the sounds of it.
Pretty bob on timescales then from ordering compared to mine!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #66
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
I have Media Pro with Standard Speakers. It's not shitty... On the contrary, my friends tell me how good it is...

I haven't heard the HKs so can't miss something I have never experienced
I have the same set up and agree it sounds really good

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0