F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Msport Front Splitter (installation help)
Extreme Powerhouse

08-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
wayway409
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Msport Front Splitter (installation help)

Hello everyone

I am wondering will the perf front lip ruin the paint or drill any holes when I return the bmw lease in the future? or it's just extra strong 3m tape?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
artieg30
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06

I had mine put on a few months back and as far as I can tell you'll need to do drilling in order for the front lip to hold. When I got the part it also came with a bunch of screws and when I talked to my body shop tech he said they had to drill into the bottom of the front bumper so yes, drilling is required.

Can't really answer your question on paint as that part I believe uses adhesive so it may be possible for you take it off and not damage the existing paint, though you may have a hell of a time getting the sticky stuff off of it.

There's also a thread started awhile back which provides the full instructions for the M-performance aero kit install. it can be found here if that helps

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...nstall+details
Appreciate 0