F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > I love the smell of Carnuba Wax in the Morning!
ARMA SPEED

10-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
It look like you spent all weekend on that detail...talk about a shine. Very nice.
thank You! Yep Saturday and Sunday!! But worth locking that new car shine in!
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #24
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
I guess swirling would be inaccurate i agree with you. I wouldnt call it residue either. I think that it is a build up of wax that has to be polished out. For instance if you polish your car with carnuba wax then run your finger acrossed it on a hot hot day you will see your finger print smudge. That is what i am talking about when i say swirl. No my car isnt hot when i wax it. It jsut take a lile time to get those smudges off to make it look like the OP aboves picture.
Yeah, I waited the prescribed Hour to take the wax off and it was pretty difficult, definitely using a random orbital next time! Wonder how much difference in protection it is to wait say maybe only 10 minutes then buff off??
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #25
Alan_NJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi MSport

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Yeah, I waited the prescribed Hour to take the wax off and it was pretty difficult, definitely using a random orbital next time! Wonder how much difference in protection it is to wait say maybe only 10 minutes then buff off??
You dont need to wait an hour, only long enough for it to dry.
Using a machine will yield better results and be a lot easier in the end.
Protection will actually be better since a machine can work the product in much better than you can by hand.

Simply apply with the machine, doing the entire car at once.
Then touch up by hand the areas the machine couldnt get.
Then remove with the machine. (if youre using an orbital)

The machine will likely apply the product thin enough so that the place you started is dry by the time you get to the end and can start removing right after the touch up.

Ive managed to wax my entire car, including final inspection, in 30 minutes.
(that doesnt include wash, clay and wheels)
Granted I spent many years as a professional detailer and got my technique down, but regardless using an orbital or DA polisher will cut down your time dramatically!

2014 335i xdrive MSport AW/CR, SAT, Prem, Tech, HK, DHP, MPPK, MPE, NWA, KMFDM, etc...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #26
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_NJ View Post
(that doesn't include wash, clay and wheels).

Granted I spent many years as a professional detailer and got my technique down.
~ ditto ... i spend about 30 thoroughly waxing the entire paint surface. simply one panel at a time (start at the top surface and work your way down) ...
wax on, wax off immediately with a microfiber towel and move to the next panel). a system and a thin amount of product is key (more is not always better).

kw v1 coilover kit / 19" staggered 351 M double spoke wheels / upper strut bar /
sport line grille & exhaust tips / 50% tint / painted reflectors / debadged / complete clear bra
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #27
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew 330i View Post
~ ditto ... i spend about 30 thoroughly waxing the entire paint surface. simply one panel at a time (start at the top surface and work your way down) ...
wax on, wax off immediately with a microfiber towel and move to the next panel). a system and a thin amount of product is key (more is not always better).
Thanks for the Tips Andrew!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #28
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_NJ View Post
You dont need to wait an hour, only long enough for it to dry.
Using a machine will yield better results and be a lot easier in the end.
Protection will actually be better since a machine can work the product in much better than you can by hand.

Simply apply with the machine, doing the entire car at once.
Then touch up by hand the areas the machine couldnt get.
Then remove with the machine. (if youre using an orbital)

The machine will likely apply the product thin enough so that the place you started is dry by the time you get to the end and can start removing right after the touch up.

(that doesnt include wash, clay and wheels)
Granted I spent many years as a professional detailer and got my technique down, but regardless using an orbital or DA polisher will cut down your time dramatically!
I need a lot more practice to get it down to that time. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0