F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Warranty till Sept 19, what can I mod? Prices?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-18-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335Xd, E81 130i

Warranty till Sept 19, what can I mod? Prices?

Well my wife is now saying she might like a Disco 4, but also keep the 335d, so my old Z4 might go.
So I'm ok with that if I can tinker with the 335d to make it sportiererer.

I'd like:

340i alike rear bumper/exhausts. Will BMW do this as a pack like MPPS or whatever on a 330d? Also that splitter bit on very bottom.

ACS springs (or Birds), I just want it lower. It's annoying now. If it makes it feel better in steering too, win win.

Boot top spoiler. How attached? BMW best to preserve any bodywork warranties?

Do those front splitters just stick on with glue and the lower outer duct bodywork bits get covered in a dark matte wrap?

Main thing is retaining the warranty and making it look a bit better and drive better.

The alternative is swapping it to a c63 or something but I'm not sure on the idea of two out of warranty sub 25mpg, £500+ tax cars!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 02:18 AM   #2
De30m
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2, 2022 GLC300D

my signature line might help show my thoughts on this - car was new 31st Oct 17 - just starting to get it how I want it now

everything you describe has negligible likelihood of affecting your warranty and can be removed before sale when you want to and other than the rear ARB which is a lot of work as I understand it - mostly DIY if you take care and use the right tools

I have done as much on the last 3 BMWs while under warranty and remaps and a few more things too and made warranty claims on all without issues

the only issue I had with my M135i was I couldn't be bothered to remove the rear spoiler but as it is only bonded on with 3m tape the main dealer said not to worry and they would do it

if you are worried by warranty then anything fitted by BMW as an M performance item they are ok with as the dealer will put it on the BMW system

think this applies if you get the ACS springs fitted at the main dealer so they can stay on I think - worth considering even though more expensive up front, you don't have to budget to have the car put back to standard plus geometry probably at trade in time

even if you buy items from BMW and fit yourself you run the risk of it not being recorded and they will be unhappy like on my M135i - although really I am sure they were just going to leave it on

front splitter is 3m tape and some screws underneath

rear spoiler is 3m tape

rear valence clips and screws only

all can be removed with no evidence later

tough choices when the options are something like the C63 though - depends on what you need "your" car for I guess

Gone - M440i - Brooklyn Grey Tacora red, 797s, HK, M Technology pack, Visibilty & shadow line plus

Last edited by De30m; 02-19-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0