F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > M-Sport Fog Lights
ARMA SPEED

12-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
chrisv_335EBII
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6sp EBII

M-Sport Fog Lights

Does anyone know if the US M-Sports has the wiring in place for the fog lights so it can be added? I am not sure if there is a pigtail in the wiring harness or not. Same goes for the button to turn them on inside the car. If the harness is the same and includes all the pigtails, it should be a pretty easy install - otherwise - not so much.

Has anyone taken the bumper off and looked? or noticed it when doing something else while the bumper is off? I wanted to ask before I do.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
NvDiS
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Bump curious to know too
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

There might be some coding involved. Because if you just unplug the pigtail harness on a Sport Line, you'll probably get an error. I haven't tried it myself, but I doubt there would be a pigtail just hanging in there on the M-Sports. If I could, I'd give you my Sport Line fogs.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
nyc4runnin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
There might be some coding involved. Because if you just unplug the pigtail harness on a Sport Line, you'll probably get an error. I haven't tried it myself, but I doubt there would be a pigtail just hanging in there on the M-Sports. If I could, I'd give you my Sport Line fogs.
that would be an awesome gesture, but i think the op would have to order the euro msport fog lights .... the sport line are a different shape ?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
ƒ°
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc4runnin View Post
that would be an awesome gesture, but i think the op would have to order the euro msport fog lights .... the sport line are a different shape ?
Nope. I went from a Sport Line to M-Sport retrofit and I used the same fogs.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
henryeeex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Nope. I went from a Sport Line to M-Sport retrofit and I used the same fogs.
How difficult was the retrofit from a rating of 0-5 with 5 being most difficult? I am interested in retrofitting my front as well. Also, how much did it cost including paint, etc. Also do you have park distance controls? if so were they hard to integrate with the retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
ƒ°
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post
How difficult was the retrofit from a rating of 0-5 with 5 being most difficult? I am interested in retrofitting my front as well. Also, how much did it cost including paint, etc. Also do you have park distance controls? if so were they hard to integrate with the retrofit?
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
NvDiS
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post

I want to know this too
Appreciate 0