F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 328 vs 335: Only difference=engine?
Studio RSR
Closed Thread

11-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #45
chriskd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

I've read quite a few posts on why people bought the 328 or the 335. Some of the reasons I've read apply to me, others don't. To the op, I bet if you were to pool all the answers on why some of us chose a 328 or 335, it would come down to individual tastes and preferences. There is no evidence that one is "better" than the other.

For me, I considered the 328 because:
- it got better gas mileage
- it has a revolutionary new engine
- didn't want to wait for a factory order (no 335s on the lot)
- CA was making me a great deal on it
- it's a BMW!

In the end, I bought a 335 because:
- wanted more power
- liked the exhaust note (I'm coming from a 350Z which has a beautiful one)
- wasn't that much more $$/might as well
- build options
- hate the numbers 2 or 8, lucky number is 5 (kidding)

In the end, you choose the one that works for you, not the one that everyone thinks you should get.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #46
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Lol. I guess im not an enthusiast for having a 335i. And i must be a lady because I bought mine off the lot. The only 335i's in the whole LA area when I was shopping around were all fully loaded - my thoughts have always been why pay $60k for a 335 when I could get a 335is a 1m coupe or an m3 for a little more and the fact that my motor was blown on the evo and needed one right away I took the 328i.

Its not the best car - of course I want moar power but ive seen guys lap 335/m3 owners in the older model 328s.

So NO a 335i does NOT make you faster. Haha i love it when i catch up on guys with a weaker car in the turns. Keep pushing them and make them spin out or let you pass.

But they do sound nice.
I apologize if you took offense to my post. Both cars are great. That wasn't my intent. But, if you're sold on a 335i, they are really hard to find from dealer inventory. Seriously, it's 10 to 1 if you're lucky. I went on cars.com and could not find a single EB M-Sport with beige leather interior in the whole country. So, I'm doing an ED order.

I don't know from personal experience, but a 328i I'm sure has better balance. My opinion is, 99% of all drivers won't notice it 99% of the time. I know we all think we are Michael Schumacher or Jeremy Clarkson, but we aren't. Of course, it depends on where you're driving, but most of the time a 335i will be quicker. On a tight autocross track, it's sensible that the 150lbs makes a difference and the 60 extra HP doesn't come into play.

Lastly, I'm going to call BS on you making this late braking moves in the canyons. Come on. Seriously. You're not making anyone either spin or move over. You're just tailgating. An F30 is nice, but there are many more faster cars. There's always a bigger fish.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread