F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Retrofit set for f30 cic nav pro
ARMA SPEED

05-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #23
Zu
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGScuba View Post
I know, I wish I could have done it "minus the waiting time" too! I ordered mine before the official launch (during the private viewing period for existing 3-series owners), so it came to S$222,000 with my options.

Yeah, it's really tough seeing all the options available and not going "I want this." and "I want that..." and "Oh, yeah, that too!". When you get your car, let me know how HUD is and whether you really feel it's indispensable after you've used it for a bit. I was tempted by it, but didn't think that my normal usage would justify it.

I have a mineral grey exterior with black interior and aluminum plus black trim. Yeah, no red trim, thanks.

The wait is killin' me!!
hahahaha yeah i called the sales person twice to change my order. first i removed my sunroof.then after reading all about it on this forum i decided to add on adaptive suspension.yeah i think HUD is not exactly super useful and justifiable for the 4k price tag...BUT I JUST WANT IT IT LOOKS TOO COOL!!!!with all my options add on the price tag came up to 247k...

hahaha somedays i dream about getting the car.and then wake up to reality that there's still like a 3 months waiting time.ahh~~the first world problems~~
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSng View Post
first i removed my sunroof.
Sunroof not standard?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #25
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

I'm afraid to think how much an M5 would cost!! As for the HUD .. have it on our F10 loved it, + my eyes seem to be getting lazy moving left and right so ya.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
Zu
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Sunroof not standard?
no it isnt on the 328i, only on the 335i
for singapore, at least
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #27
Zu
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
I'm afraid to think how much an M5 would cost!! As for the HUD .. have it on our F10 loved it, + my eyes seem to be getting lazy moving left and right so ya.
ooo thats good to know! im extremely lazy as well, so its good.hahahaha
a brand new m5 here is 506k :P
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #28
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Geez 500k is alot. I've got family near Singapore. Forget the sun roof it's too hot! HUd ftw
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #29
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
With those prices, I wonder why would people live in Singapore...
Off topic a bit, but Singapore is one of the most business-friendly environments in the world with super low corporate tax rates, a huge port and great international airport, low personal income tax rates, business conducted in English, high standard of living, clean and tidy, warm (hot) weather year round, diverse and interesting population (Malay, Indian, Chinese, etc). I believe 1 in 6 households has a net worth exceeding US$1MM, the highest proportion in the world, by a long shot.

In all of my favorite places in the world, and the places I would be most likely to move if I left the US- Singapore, Hong Kong, and Ho Chi Minh City- it is ridiculously expensive to own a car compared to the West- as much as I do love cars, I don't think I would miss them much if I lived in any of those places! Ho Chi Minh City is where I got addicted to motorcycles...

Last edited by AWF30MSPORT; 05-03-2012 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #30
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSng View Post
hahahaha yeah i called the sales person twice to change my order. first i removed my sunroof.then after reading all about it on this forum i decided to add on adaptive suspension.yeah i think HUD is not exactly super useful and justifiable for the 4k price tag...BUT I JUST WANT IT IT LOOKS TOO COOL!!!!with all my options add on the price tag came up to 247k...

hahaha somedays i dream about getting the car.and then wake up to reality that there's still like a 3 months waiting time.ahh~~the first world problems~~
Did you add a sunroof in the original order, then decide to remove it? I don't think it makes much sense if it doesn't open much. In SG, I think the sunroof only makes sense if it can be opened very wide to let the hot air out quickly (i.e. sun- not moon-roof).

Oh, you have adaptive suspension and HUD...I'm sure it'll be shiok to drive. But ouch, $4k for HUD, and $247k for the car with options! Ouch, ouch!!
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
Zu
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGScuba View Post
Did you add a sunroof in the original order, then decide to remove it? I don't think it makes much sense if it doesn't open much. In SG, I think the sunroof only makes sense if it can be opened very wide to let the hot air out quickly (i.e. sun- not moon-roof).

Oh, you have adaptive suspension and HUD...I'm sure it'll be shiok to drive. But ouch, $4k for HUD, and $247k for the car with options! Ouch, ouch!!
Yeah, i told him i wanted the sun roof, but i asked him to remove it before any confirmation.. i added the adaptive suspension after the confirmation thou,which they are totally cool with it since youre giving them more money:/ hahha i hope so, yea indeed i felt the same way about the sunroof here. hahah i figured if i had to wait 4 months for it,might as well put in all the options i want:P btw did you get a guaranteed COE or 6 bids non guaranteed like me?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #32
Zu
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
Off topic a bit, but Singapore is one of the most business-friendly environments in the world with super low corporate tax rates, a huge port and great international airport, low personal income tax rates, business conducted in English, high standard of living, clean and tidy, warm (hot) weather year round, diverse and interesting population (Malay, Indian, Chinese, etc). I believe 1 in 6 households has a net worth exceeding US$1MM, the highest proportion in the world, by a long shot.

In all of my favorite places in the world, and the places I would be most likely to move if I left the US- Singapore, Hong Kong, and Ho Chi Minh City- it is ridiculously expensive to own a car compared to the West- as much as I do love cars, I don't think I would miss them much if I lived in any of those places! Ho Chi Minh City is where I got addicted to motorcycles...
i would say your information is accurate.BUUUUT you would totally miss your cars(driving experience would suck for u since there are almost no nice roads here and speed cameras everywhere).for sure.hahahahahahahah
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #33
BRM6
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 328/335/M235i/M4 - Current M6

BMW Apps, Internet, BMW Office

I also received mine with the 6.5" screen mainly because the 8" is not available and maybe won't. I don't mind the 6.5" screen, but I'd like to have BMW APPS, Office and maybe that nice internet browser available with the 8"?

How do I add a DVD player to the 6.5" system?

Retrofit would be nice, but I mainly want the features of the 8" system (minus the bluetooth audio streaming which I think is a hardware limitation or maybe software?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #34
E34
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E34 535i

Here is a thread from the Nav forum on this subject with videos of a upgrade to 8.8" Nav

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...light=retrofit

Ironically, the guy in the video installing is in Singapore. Here is his Youtube channel, maybe you can contact him directly through his Youtube acct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/myelebest

This must be the Elebest that kon was mentioning on the previous page.

good luck

Last edited by E34; 08-15-2012 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
manilae90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 520d G30

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
In asia, we do not get to choose what comes with our cars. Its the importer who chooses and we can take it or leave it. Plus it costs way more in Asia. A 328i sport in Manila with barely anything is 110K USD
Appreciate 0