F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake (2014 335i) Filter Replacement
GetBMWParts

06-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
MperformErik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Msport

Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake (2014 335i) Filter Replacement

Wanted to post this as BMW quoted nearly $250 to perform and this is a simple task, should only take you 20 minutes. Dinan recommends replacing their filters after 30,000 miles and not clean/re-oil them due to issues that can arise.

Dinan Response: "All of our filters are oiled filters. Whether they be blue or pink they are all oiled.

Your gray/white filter originally would have been blue... it simply changes color to the gray over time and with use.

For cleaning, you would follow normal K&N oiled filter cleaning processes. We recommend simply replacing them over cleaning them simply because people have a tendency to over oil and create MAF issues from doing the process. Replacement avoids these issues. You are more then welcome to clean them though if that is what you would like to do just be aware of the problems that could occur from improper cleaning is all."

Difficulty: 1/10

Step 1: Make sure engine is cool
Step 2: Detach (2) sensors on the intake
Step 3: Release all four tension clips on the airbox
Step 4: Use a flat head screwdriver or ratchet (9/32) and loosen the hose clamp, there are two clamps, one on the rubber gasket for connecting to the carbon fiber intake pipe, and the second connecting the same rubber gasket to the intake air box.
Step 5: Now that the airbox top with the filter is free, take it out, flip it over, and now loosen the hose clamp that holds the filter in place.
Step 6: Remove old air filter, white/grey, and replace with new, blue/oiled, air filter. Use the new hose clamp provided, make sure your air filter is on flush and tighten her back down.

Now we simply reverse the steps.

Step 7: Attach the airbox top back to the rubber gasket that connects to the intake pipe. Re-tighten both hose clamps.
Step 8: Fit the airbox lid and filter into the airbox. Re-snap on the four clips to hold in place.
Step 9: Re-attach both sensors.

You are done! Fire her up and make sure you have no leaks. The filter is about $94 for this model. Do it your self and save over $150.
Attached Images

06-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #2
435iFanatiker
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A rental

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Great post!
Appreciate 1