F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone got a Sanef UK Liber-t Automated Toll pass
proTUNING Freaks

07-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Thompjas
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320d Sport

Anyone got a Sanef UK Liber-t Automated Toll pass

Sorry, asking this question again before I order an automated toll passs for my dive down to Spain....

My question relates to the fact that I have Sun protection glass as an option, but BMW cannot tell me if this was (or is) on my windscreen !, when I look at the 'tag's website they provide say that cars fitted with this have a mottled area behind the rear view mirror to allow such tags to be installed and will not be affected by the heat reflective glass.

On my 320ED I do not have a mottled area (previous Insignia did), so can I assume that I do not have it ??

Has anyone else got one, fitted and have no isses ??

this is what the web site referes to ...

I do not have this area on my screen....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
mproudfoot
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompjas View Post
Sorry, asking this question again before I order an automated toll passs for my dive down to Spain....

My question relates to the fact that I have Sun protection glass as an option, but BMW cannot tell me if this was (or is) on my windscreen !, when I look at the 'tag's website they provide say that cars fitted with this have a mottled area behind the rear view mirror to allow such tags to be installed and will not be affected by the heat reflective glass.

On my 320ED I do not have a mottled area (previous Insignia did), so can I assume that I do not have it ??

Has anyone else got one, fitted and have no isses ??

I do not have this area on my screen....
The sun protection glass option only applies to the glass on the rear half of the car - as far as I'm aware, the 3 does not have a heated windscreen, but I couldn't say whether the windscreen has other properties that could affect the tag I'm afraid.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

I've got a tag and used it other cars. Sun protection glass is just the rear and rear quarters.

Are you sure you havent got a mottled area? This is designed for the tags as it doesnt include any athermic/metal elements in it. My BMW (and every car i know), has that mottled area on the windscreen. Picture of mine below.

If you really dont then just place it at the top as your whole screen must be fine for it.

Worse case, you just open your window and hold it up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Thompjas
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the prompt replies, I assumed that teh SPG was just for the rear 3 windows..

here is my windscreen

these should show that there is no 'special' area for a tag if this was a Heat reflective screen, I may just bite the bullet, worst case is my wife will have to hold the tag out the window every now and again !

Last edited by Thompjas; 07-24-2013 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: image code not working
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Thompjas
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

here is another image

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

That's a bit strange, I do have the sun protection glass and I've got the motted area around my rear view mirror. I'm off to Paris tomorrow; finger crossed this tag works; don't fancy causing a delay at the toll with loads of angry french drivers behind me!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
Rhino707
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
That's a bit strange, I do have the sun protection glass and I've got the motted area around my rear view mirror. I'm off to Paris tomorrow; finger crossed this tag works; don't fancy causing a delay at the toll with loads of angry french drivers behind me!
You'll probably find that the only angry drivers behind you will be British. The French drivers are generally far more relaxed and patient. I tend to find that if someone comes screaming up behind you, or hogs the outside lane unnecessarily, it'll usually have a UK plate
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Rodders123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d ED

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt replies, I assumed that teh SPG was just for the rear 3 windows..

here is my windscreen

these should show that there is no 'special' area for a tag if this was a Heat reflective screen, I may just bite the bullet, worst case is my wife will have to hold the tag out the window every now and again !
I can confirm that my 320d ED built April 2012 has the mottled area around the rear view mirror.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
Thompjas
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
I have just ordered the tag so in just over a weeks time I'll find out one way or another !, let us know how you get on !
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Thompjas
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders123 View Post
I can confirm that my 320d ED built April 2012 has the mottled area around the rear view mirror.
I wonder why you have and I don't, unless by me adding the sun strip to the windscreen has altered things....

BMW have now confirm that I do not have A climate comfort windscreen so I should be OK........
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #11
Rodders123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d ED

Quote:
I wonder why you have and I don't, unless by me adding the sun strip to the windscreen has altered things....

BMW have now confirm that I do not have A climate comfort windscreen so I should be OK........
Yeah could very well be to do with you having the sun strip...hard to explain otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Hi all,

Thought I report back and say these Liber-t tags work a treat.

Attached is where I put my tag; my advice is don't slide on the tag all the way on, it is difficult to remove, just slide it to almost the end.

Image of where I put the tag:

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
Thompjas
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the feedback, as my screen has a sun shade it does not have the mottled area like your windscreen, oh well I may be panicking for no reason, I'll find out on Saturday as I approach the first toll point !
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 03:33 AM   #14
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

I am probably going to win this week's prize for thread resurrection, but if the OP (or anybody else) can report back on the feasibility of using the Liber-T on an F30 without the mottled bit (mine is like the OP's, with a sunstrip and with no extra mottled area)...

I suspect that the answer is that screens with sun strips are not Athermic, whereas the normal screens are....

Thanks
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0