F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > And they say BMW drivers are DBs?
GetBMWParts

12-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #23
jb3617
show me potato salad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

thanks! guy was like wtf and acting like the jeep hit him. wasn't even that close.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #24
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb3617 View Post
know exactly where this place is in NJ. tons of douchebags in the area. the jeep owner should get an award for this one. i would have loved to see the face of the corvette owner when he came out.
Here is a link to the video of it. I remember seeing this on the news

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1952207
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #25
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwFlooner View Post
Wish granted:

beat me to it
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #26
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchaser View Post
As a BMW and Vette owner (does that make me a double DB?) while I don't condone it you can't blame someone for trying to protect their very expensive car. It only takes a bit of incompetence for a door ding to rear its ugly head but it takes a very malicious person to key your vehicle. Statistically he is less likely to have his car damaged even while parking like an arse than if he just parked normally all the time.
Still no excuse to act like an ass. If you don't want to get your car messed with, park in the back and walk.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #27
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw
None of this is directed at the OP but I don't understand why people get upset at someone else's parking. Crowded lot and taking 2 spaces, yes, I can understand that. However, most cases are like this where he is clearly in the far end of the lot and there are plenty of other spaces. Why should it be of anyone else's concern? The driver, probably like many of us here, takes pride and time in caring for the vehicle. Countless drivers just swing open the doors of their rust buckets w/o any care or concern, "It's just a car...". Grinds my nerves because I have a ding and a scratch on my ML that's gonna cost approx $300 to fix. The money isn't the issue, it's the principle of coming out of my pocket for someone else's carelessness and 2 days w/o my car while it's at the body shop. And on the other hand, park in a manner and away from everyone to protect your property, now you're an a$$hole and a DB. So here comes the vigilantes who, instead of going about their business, now goes out of their way to key the car, block it in, or squeeze next to the driver's door making it impossible to get into your car and think that it's funny. End of rant...
Parking safe without looking like an ars is an art form.

First: always park far away.
Second: park on the end of a row and let one of your front tires overhang.

Look for spots that have snow or salt pile and park to the left or right with wheel in the space occupied by debris.

Or, just carry a cone with you that says "sewer maintance." Park to the right or left and let your wheels overhang in the space with the cone.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #28
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
...Or, just carry a cone with you that says "sewer maintance." Park to the right or left and let your wheels overhang in the space with the cone.
ok that is perfect, I like this one for sure.
      12-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #29
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1330 View Post
How do you know it's americans posting here. Don't think the flag indicates anything. So quick to judge. lol.
You think your city/state codes are cryptic for non americans? Please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
What observation and contemplation do you need? He's parked in 4 spaces.

I thought the stereotypical Swede likes order and to not think he is better than anybody else. Maybe you secretly would like to park that way.
And yet some of the other guys were able to state thst there were alot of empty spots and he probably didnt bother anyone and PROBABLY feared door-dings like any other sane person that loves his car no matter what.

Oh I park far away myself and I AM that guy cause too many peiple dont respect others properties and the "swedish jealousy" is well-known (in Sweden).. so count on getting an old volvo 245 parked really close to your car even if the lot is empty. I'd take two spaces if it wasnt crowded, and I have.

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #30
ft1330
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
You think your city/state codes are cryptic for non americans? Please..
So you think because you can read 2 letter US state names you know what nationality someone is. Please... I was just pointing out that you might be judging a little quick too. The US is a diverse country, I'm here to testify to that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #31
ATLBlue
Car OCD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 EBII F36 430d M Sport

Quote:
So you think because you can read 2 letter US state names you know what nationality someone is. Please... I was just pointing out that you might be judging a little quick too. The US is a diverse country, I'm here to testify to that.
+1 here. Belgian living in the US. I am sometimes ashamed to be European when I see the how people outside of the US know little about this country and its people. Nothing but ignorance, stereotypes and a certain political correctness to be anti-American.
      12-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #32
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
Many things here:

1) Notice the car to his left is clearly also taking up multiple spots and it's a shit box.
2.) The parking lot has plenty of open parking spots and he parked far out so who cares.
3.) The cart that was left behind nearby somewhat supports his argument of shoppers not really caring about other cars.
All of what this intelligent and observant person above just said!

Zero issues at all and I would've done the same.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #33
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep

Quote:
Americans are not of a specific ethnical group, nothing new there, but there IS a certain "american" mentality that shines through alot. Yes itīs a stereotype and that stereotype does not come from nowhere. Iīm not hating, just stating something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlue View Post
+1 here. Belgian living in the US. I am sometimes ashamed to be European when I see the how people outside of the US know little about this country and its people. Nothing but ignorance, stereotypes and a certain political correctness to be anti-American.
Iīm the least politically correct "swede" there is, Iīm born here but my ethnicity and identity is not swedish. No itīs not ignorance, itīs a fact and we see alot of this said mentality just on this forum.

| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #34
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Americans are not of a specific ethnical group, nothing new there, but there IS a certain "american" mentality that shines through alot. Yes itīs a stereotype and that stereotype does not come from nowhere. Iīm not hating, just stating something.
lol, even I know you aren't hating. You are basically exposing the rest of the worlds view on Americans. It's not a secret. We ourselves are assholes, because of such, we feel entitled to be an asshole and call someone else asshole, even if they truly aren't an asshole, and then you become a bigger asshole, but instead of being upset about it, we embrace it.

USA USA USA USA USA!
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #35
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
lol, even I know you aren't hating. You are basically exposing the rest of the worlds view on Americans. It's not a secret. We ourselves are assholes, because of such, we feel entitled to be an asshole and call someone else asshole, even if they truly aren't an asshole, and then you become a bigger asshole, but instead of being upset about it, we embrace it.

USA USA USA USA USA!
And THAT attitude is top notch; not giving a fuq

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #36
E90-F30
Allen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I get very upset when I park away from everybody (15-20 empty spots away), and there's always that one dickhead who has to park his shitbox next to my 5er or S4.

Or when I come outside and see two teenage girls sitting on my car taking selfies, or when the porch monkeys oogle my 5er and get way to close to it.

No respect. I don't know how people with even nicer cars than myself deal with it.
      12-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #37
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30 View Post
I get very upset when I park away from everybody (15-20 empty spots away), and there's always that one dickhead who has to park his shitbox next to my 5er or S4.

Or when I come outside and see two teenage girls sitting on my car taking selfies, or when the porch monkeys oogle my 5er and get way to close to it.

No respect. I don't know how people with even nicer cars than myself deal with it.

That happened to me a couple of times also and finding some shitbox next to me. I really had to restrain myself for keying the car or doing something else to it. It's obvious the guy was just being a douchebag. Now I park so far away, I need to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find my car. People don't realize that I park that far away for a reason. I don't want anybody parked next to me especially when I go out of my way to park a great distance away. Sometimes I feel like I'm a shitmagnet when it comes to parking or driving on the roads.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #38
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Itīs quite fascinating to observe some of the american mentality that shines through in posts like this. So quick to judge and shout asshole without thinking twice before you open your mouth or act (often in group), feeding the stereotypical image.. but luckily I see some individuals with more afterthought, that dont look at the above picture and wanna go on a rampage but instead make a few observations and then make up their mind bout it..
Mate, what are you banging on about? I am reading your post but not understanding what you're trying to convey.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #39
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Wifey refers to my car as "The Seed." No matter where I park my car, even far away from the store, other cars will spring up around it. Maybe they figure I won't be one to dent their doors.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #40
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Mate, what are you banging on about? I am reading your post but not understanding what you're trying to convey.
He's being a stereotypical European, bashing Americans.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #41
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Well maybe if you try harder it might reach you as well

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #42
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Well maybe if you try harder it might reach you as well
I might have to blame this one the "lost in translation" phenomenon, because you're still not making any sense. What will reach me?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #43
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Still no excuse to act like an ass. If you don't want to get your car messed with, park in the back and walk.
this.
      12-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #44
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:

Iīm the least politically correct "swede" there is, Iīm born here but my ethnicity and identity is not swedish. No itīs not ignorance, itīs a fact and we see alot of this said mentality just on this forum.
Ugh a Swede...you people gave us the curse that is IKEA. It's like you guys build crappy furniture, blow it up into millions of pieces, shove it into a box and sell it to unsuspecting college kids who are unaware that they're about to spend an entire weekend putting together an end table.
Appreciate 0