F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
ARMA SPEED

02-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #2641
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskd View Post
I'm using Macbook Pro with Bootcamp on Win7 and have no problems coding.
I use a MacBook Pro with 10.8 and VMware Fusion and Windows 7 x86. Works like a charm. Super reliable, never had a crash or an issue connecting to my car.

Tip: disable 3D acceleration in VMware as E-Sys seems to use a lot of Java and is not compatible with the acceleration.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #2642
Merlinx1
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20 125i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinx1 View Post
Hello everybody. I'm an F20's 125i italian owner.
I looked for a topic where introduce me but didn't find anything.
I have some problem with my car:
I bought it in Germany and it's fully specced with all the necessary for connectivity: nav prof,internet,bmw online, bmw live,apps etc...
The problem is I can't connect to bmw online via bluetooth connection of my phone, neither I can access to emails and text messages from it.
I can just look at my contacts but nothing more and so I cant access internet via my phone neither via car's connection.
I've read that maybe there's something to code to make internet or bmw live or bmw online (didn't understood well ) works on my car.
Can someone help me?
Thanks very much!
Plus would someone pm me the link to download E-sys and all the data necessary to code?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #2643
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Here's a torrent link for all the software you'll need, but if you miss this post means you haven't read enough

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2356
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #2644
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

if i dont have combox or navi am i still able to use the white iphone cable instead of the ycable?
Im guessing without combox i cant stream bt correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #2645
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
if i dont have combox or navi am i still able to use the white iphone cable instead of the ycable?
Im guessing without combox i cant stream bt correct?
WIthout Combox, you could consider upgrading to HU-NBT since the HU_CIC & COMBOX is integrated into one now
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #2646
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfreak0410 View Post
<<<<------

That was last night. This morning started my car and went to BMW Live. Now I got a wizard for selecting my country and so on. But after setting up - I now get a different error message. Whats up there? Do I still need to change VIN? The wizard did not came up last night.
Exact same situation happened to me last night (error messages) and today (error message saying something along the lines of Internal Error).

Hoping that it washes itself out in the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #2647
pixelfreak0410
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered: M440i Convertible RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
Exact same situation happened to me last night (error messages) and today (error message saying something along the lines of Internal Error).

Hoping that it washes itself out in the next few days.
Did it work previously in your car? Or did you start coding it as well?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #2648
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfreak0410 View Post
Did it work previously in your car? Or did you start coding it as well?
No I only coded 614/615 and the Bmw Live options last night.
Today the browser was working, but BMW Live let me go through the setup - even register my email - but then gave me the error.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #2649
raj10800
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I can't send you anything as your Post Count is too low. So, either increase your Post Count, or put up an email address.

Changing from 6NH to 6NK is quite simple. Edit your FA (VO) to replace 6NH with 6NK. Load and activate modified FA, and VO code Head Unit and Combox if you have one.
Hi Shawn,

I am a new member and a new car owner :-) - my email id is rajesh10800@yahoo.com. It will be great if you could send me instructions on how to cose 6NH to 6NK. My car has 6NH with Professional Navigation. If you want I can share the VIN code too. Actually I want to activate many things which the local BMW delaership says is not possible. For eg, DVD Video in Motion, Seta Belt sound off, Album Art, 6NK, BMW apps (without video), Internet.

Also which software version should I download, 3.18.4 with PSDZ 48.1 or 3.22.5 with 48.3. I have orderred the Enet Cable from Ebay too.

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rajesh
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #2650
ykau
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320I

hi raj10800, this topic can be back trace from the front... For not troubling our seniors, i will answer for them that you need 3.18 and 48.1 will do.

For the connection wise, please refer to front thread. hope my explanation helps.

P.S. Think twice before you convert 6NH to 6NK, may risk failure cic update from dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #2651
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykau View Post
hi raj10800, this topic can be back trace from the front... For not troubling our seniors, i will answer for them that you need 3.18 and 48.1 will do.

For the connection wise, please refer to front thread. hope my explanation helps.

P.S. Think twice before you convert 6NH to 6NK, may risk failure cic update from dealer.
Your dealer reprogram update problem solved?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #2652
code0482
2012 335i sportline every available option
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Angry Need help!!! Please

some help on this would be much appreciated.
I have spent about 3 hours searching this forum and reading posts and can't resolve this issue.

I currently work with E-Sys v3.18.4 in combination with the v46.3 datafiles.
I do a ZGW search and it finds my Vin number.

when I click on connect in E-Sys there is nothing listed under target.....Therefore when i click on connection via VIN, the connect is grayed out and can't be pressed.

under connection via VIN my Vin does show up.

i'm guessing that I have some files in the wrong place but not sure.
any help on this would be appreciated..

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #2653
Merlinx1
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20 125i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Here's a torrent link for all the software you'll need, but if you miss this post means you haven't read enough

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2356
Thank you! Yesterday I spent all the night to find those files.
But I'm not sure if it works even on an F20/F21. Does it?
Can I activate internet connection trough my phone's bluetooth tethering?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #2654
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by code0482 View Post
some help on this would be much appreciated.
I have spent about 3 hours searching this forum and reading posts and can't resolve this issue.

I currently work with E-Sys v3.18.4 in combination with the v46.3 datafiles.
I do a ZGW search and it finds my Vin number.

when I click on connect in E-Sys there is nothing listed under target.....Therefore when i click on connection via VIN, the connect is grayed out and can't be pressed.

under connection via VIN my Vin does show up.

i'm guessing that I have some files in the wrong place but not sure.
any help on this would be appreciated..

you put the psdz files into c:\DATA
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #2655
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Earlier, I suggested that we should use BitTorrent to share the E-Sys and PSdZData files. This should make it easier on shawnsheridan by lessening reliance on an ISP and should make transfers both more reliable and faster.

Attached to this post are four .torrent files representing the four sets of files I was given access to. You should download the files and remove the .pdf extension, then use them with a good BitTorrent client, either uTorrent or qBitTorrent.

I STRONGLY recommend that you use these torrents and DO NOT rely on the http download links you may get from other members. First, it's clumsy to download all the files individually and second I discovered that the http transfers would sometimes not transfer the whole file. It took days to get all the files downloaded correctly. (I have tested the .rars and .exes to ensure they are OK.)

BitTorrent solves both these problems and will reduce the amount of noise in this thread from "please send me links" and "pm sent" replies. Bottom line: if you are technical enough to code your BMW, you should be able to download these files, rename them and input them into a BitTorrent client.

One more point: as a courtesy to others, PLEASE SEED THESE FILES for the duration. I will seed these long enough for them to get some traction, but if it turns out I am alone supplying bandwidth, I will stop seeding them. With enough long-term seeders, downloading these files should be both fast and reliable.
ah so these r zipped files and we dont need torrent i guess?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #2656
theothernguyen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 Jet Black 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykau View Post

What happened with the 6NH to 6NK VO change when you brought the car in for a CIC update from the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #2657
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayF31 View Post
I configured and installed a virtual XP and 7 with E-sys 3.18.4 and psdz 48.1 on my MacBook with both Parallels and VMware fusion but I was unable to get a working connection. Now troubleshooting back I found I do not even receive an ip address on my MacBook 's network adapter other as a 169.254.x.x (apipa address). This basically explains why it is not working in a virtual windows xp/7 as I do not receive an IP address on a normal network adapter.

Now I am wondering if anybody knows which IP address, subnetmask has to be configured manually to make a connection if dhcp is not working ?

Grtz,
Ray
If you are running E-Sys in a Virtual Machine (VM), make sure you set the VM NIC to bridging mode, not NAT.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #2658
RayF31
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F31 320iA HE M-sport

Thnx

I know it is required to bridge and use this setup. Virtual or not but I do not receive an ip address. My MacBook detects the cable but I don't get an IP address assigned. So this could mean dhcp is broken somehow. So I am wondering to configure this static. I think the ip setup will be the same for each car just as brand new router has a default ip configuration.

Grtz,
Ray
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #2659
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj10800 View Post
Hi Shawn,

I am a new member and a new car owner :-) - my email id is rajesh10800@yahoo.com. It will be great if you could send me instructions on how to cose 6NH to 6NK. My car has 6NH with Professional Navigation. If you want I can share the VIN code too. Actually I want to activate many things which the local BMW delaership says is not possible. For eg, DVD Video in Motion, Seta Belt sound off, Album Art, 6NK, BMW apps (without video), Internet.

Also which software version should I download, 3.18.4 with PSDZ 48.1 or 3.22.5 with 48.3. I have orderred the Enet Cable from Ebay too.

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rajesh
You have enough Posts now, so I have PM'd you what you need.

I also already explained exactly what you need to do to change from 6NH to 6NK here:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2627

Go to Post 1 here, and read the 3 Getting Started Guides, and FDL Coding and VO Modification will make more sense to you:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...71&postcount=1

After your VO is modified and activated, to VO code your Head Unit and Combox if you have one, simply highlight the ECU in your SVT, right click on it, and select CODE.

Fair warning. Whatever you do, don't ever mistakenly click on the Code Defaults button, or you will regret it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #2660
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayF31 View Post
Thnx

I know it is required to bridge and use this setup. Virtual or not but I do not receive an ip address. My MacBook detects the cable but I don't get an IP address assigned. So this could mean dhcp is broken somehow. So I am wondering to configure this static. I think the ip setup will be the same for each car just as brand new router has a default ip configuration.

Grtz,
Ray
You are looking for an IP Address on your LAN Adapter itself, or using the ZGW_Search Utility?

Regardless, the car does not have a DHCP server; so it does not assign an IP Address to the computer. Both the computer and the car will go into DHCP fallback mode, each assigning themselves a random Class-B IP Address so that they can talk to each other. This can take up to 60 seconds, so you have to wait until the PC has an IP address before you try to connect.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #2661
RayF31
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
You are looking for an IP Address on your LAN Adapter itself, or using the ZGW_Search Utility?
The utility only shows a blank screen. It does this after the lan adapter is ready and has assigned itself an 169.254.y.z class B address

Quote:
Regardless, the car does not have a DHCP server; so it does not assign an IP Address to the computer. Both the computer and the car will go into DHCP fallback mode, each assigning themselves a random Class-B IP Address so that they can talk to each other. This can take up to 60 seconds, so you have to wait until the PC has an IP address before you try to connect.
Ok, thnx for clearing up this one. I read on some other forums some posts about static assigment of a 192.168.68.z ip address and connecting to 192.168.68.1 but it wasn't not this tool or F series. Just thought this could also be a work around for my case

Going to set it up once more from scratch. Back to square one !

Grtz,
Ray
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #2662
RayF31
Netherlands
Rep

Oh and before I forget ...

Thnx U All for confirming setup

Grtz,
Ray