F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > EURO Delivery - Slow shipping process
proTUNING Freaks

07-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 Ford Raptor - On Order

Hi all,

I'm a bit frustrated with BMW euro delivery program.

First - Hotels don't honor their BMW rates, if there is any big event around Munich, your rate will go up, so, don't ever try to get your car in June, from $100 euros it can up to $450 euros / night

Second - No BMW transportation from the Munich airport to the BMW welt, it will cost you $60 by cab, Audi has VIP room and transport from Munich airport to their facilities

Third - You will do the factory tour at BMW, and they DO NOT mention 335 neither the engine N55, only N20 and the M3 / M6 big engines, so if you are baying a 335i and you expect them to talk about it, forget it, N55 does not exist for them

Fourth - You will hate your drop-off experience at the airport, the GPS will not find the address, when you do and get there on your own, there is no parking, the single agent was not dressed well, there were empty bottle of beers and other liquors into to their office and a very smelly dog was there too. After she gets you all the paper work there is no information when your car will get delivered or how to track it, it just sucks.

So I drop my car off on 6/13, on 6/18 was "booked", on 06/25 "loaded on Vessel"

An I was expecting my car in two to three weeks, Boston area.

Just sucks!

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

2-3 weeks for redelivery? Who set that expectation for you? Cars direct from the factory don't even get across the pond and to your dealer that fast.

It takes 2 weeks just for the boat to cross the Atlantic; and it has to get transported to the port and booked on an available ship first.

Then, when it gets to the US, it has to go through a customs inspection and clearance, VPC prep, and finally get booked onto a truck that's going to your dealer.

All of the literature states 6-8 weeks for east coast redeliveries. Anything less is a bonus.

I won't disagree with you on the "perks" that you get with other marques that offer a European Delivery option that BMW could offer (I am specifically referring to airport-hotel or airport-Welt transfers). It's only in the last couple years that they even started offering special BMW rates at various hotels in Munich. But you also have to understand that very few of those other marques are willing to deal up from their European Delivery Invoice like a savvy BMW dealer will.

-MrB
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0