F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Production Status via Phone and Website
ARMA SPEED

05-08-2017, 05:42 AM   #1
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Production Status via Phone and Website

In the past (few years ago) when tracking vehicle production status, you used to get a more detailed information on what stage the vehicle was in during production. For example it would tell you in paint etc. Now it appears you just get the vehicle is in production. Beside talking to an agent is there any other automated way to get what part of production a vehicle is in?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
In the past (few years ago) when tracking vehicle production status, you used to get a more detailed information on what stage the vehicle was in during production. For example it would tell you in paint etc. Now it appears you just get the vehicle is in production. Beside talking to an agent is there any other automated way to get what part of production a vehicle is in?
Nope, and most of the agents will not give you the production status NUMBER anymore either. One told me that they were not supposed to give the number out now.

Everything other than talking (physically talking to someone at the genius line) is inaccurate through the entire process.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Nope, and most of the agents will not give you the production status NUMBER anymore either. One told me that they were not supposed to give the number out now.

Everything other than talking (physically talking to someone at the genius line) is inaccurate through the entire process.
emailed my sales person who gave me the vehicle inquiry status with the production codes.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
emailed my sales person who gave me the vehicle inquiry status with the production codes.
Yeah your salesman certainly can. I ment the call center line. If you call the genius line they will give you the status but not the number (most of them anyway). That way you dont have to 'bug" your salesperson if you dont want to.

In my particular case, I was dealing directly with a sales manager (not a salesperson) so I did not want to "bug" him with requests for status updates... then I found the online stuff did not work great. The genius line had the exact same info if you spoke to someone though.

hope the wait doesnt bug you too much.... its like xmas for adults lol.
Appreciate 0