F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Retrofitting base plate for snapin adaptor
Studio RSR

03-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #1
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

Question Retrofitting base plate for snapin adaptor

Has anyone done this?

I have pro media including BMW apps but not enhanced bluetooth etc so do not have the base plate for a snapin adaptor.

Is it possible to retro fit the base plate for snapin adaptor? Has anyone done this for themselves? The BMW part numer is 84109220652
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreenwood View Post
Has anyone done this?

I have pro media including BMW apps but not enhanced bluetooth etc so do not have the base plate for a snapin adaptor.

Is it possible to retro fit the base plate for snapin adaptor? Has anyone done this for themselves? The BMW part numer is 84109220652
Do you have NBT or CIC?

If you have NBT, you just need to run one wire from the armrest directly into the NBT head unit and that will work for charging and playing music from your iPhone. There's also another wire that goes into your car's antenna for improved reception but I think that can be left out. If you want video to work, I believe you also need another harness that connects to the FBAS port on the head unit and this could be more complicated.

If you have CIC, the process is similar but you will need to run a wire from armrest to the combox in the boot and possible to the head unit as well.

I thought about doing this but I later decided not to since it's not worth the money.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      03-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I have NBT

I agree with you that if base plate not a straight plug in, the gains are not worth the hassle and further expenditure.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
elmerzasty
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
If you have NBT, you just need to run one wire from the armrest directly into the NBT head unit and that will work for charging and playing music from your iPhone.
What is the part no. for the cable? I bought the baseplate for the retrofit, hoping that the car has the wiring, but unfortunately there is no cable in the armrest to hook it up to. Car is an MY15 F80 with NBT.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
Do you have NBT or CIC?

If you have NBT, you just need to run one wire from the armrest directly into the NBT head unit and that will work for charging and playing music from your iPhone. There's also another wire that goes into your car's antenna for improved reception but I think that can be left out. If you want video to work, I believe you also need another harness that connects to the FBAS port on the head unit and this could be more complicated.

If you have CIC, the process is similar but you will need to run a wire from armrest to the combox in the boot and possible to the head unit as well.

I thought about doing this but I later decided not to since it's not worth the money.

I did retrofit on my f34 2014 nbt don't know if it works yet, but you need 1+ rear fuse box, 1- to - point in trunk, then usb cable that runs to the nbt, 3 cables (fbas + fbas - and shield) to nbt, 3 cables that go to your aux under armrest.

Bought a used snap in for an iphone 5/5s to test if it works cause i was not gonna spend 200 to test, but have a iphone x so don't know if the snap in is model linked cause it only charges (had to buy a connecter since iphone x doesn't fit in a 5 holder )
Appreciate 0