F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Need Beta Users to Test an iOS Car Lease App (5-10 iPhone users)
Studio RSR

05-09-2017, 01:48 AM   #1
nasa
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M Sport, X1, i3

Need Beta Users to Test an iOS Car Lease App (5-10 iPhone users)

Hey guys,

I've developed a beta version of an iOS app that will aggregate all residual values (RV), money factors (MF) and incentives for all Makes and Models in the US market. The app will be updated monthly so there won't be any need to browse forums in order to figure out lease rates for the current month.

This is just a prototype now. We've gathered all lease numbers for the first four months (Jan, Feb, March, Apr) for BMW and some other brands here and there. We do not have incentives yet. We also don't have any May numbers yet (will be added soon).

I am reaching out to fellow BMW enthusiasts (iPhone users) to download the app, play with it for 5 minutes and provide your thoughts and feedback. Is the interface intuitive? Does it get the job done, etc.?

The name of the app is Hardtop. Here is a link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bonn...4172?ls=1&mt=8

The app was developed to benefit the car leasing community. It will be 100% free.
Apologies to Android users. The Android version is in the works and will be ready very soon.
Appreciate 1
kern4174445.00
      05-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Looks decent to me. Quicker than finding the same information through edmunds.com. The gui seemed very easy to use on an iphone 6S. Obviously the key to the app's effectiveness will be ensuring that edmunds has all the latest data in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
nasa
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Looks decent to me. Quicker than finding the same information through edmunds.com. The gui seemed very easy to use on an iphone 6S. Obviously the key to the app's effectiveness will be ensuring that edmunds has all the latest data in it.
Thanks for your feedback!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

overall like it!

UI looks good for navigation, maybe play with the Model year selection a bit, the dropdown click is at the top but the scrollable menu is at the bottom without any outlines around it so its kinda floating in space

Also where are you getting the information from? it just says powered by edmunds, maybe include in the description probably a confidence builder that the data will be up to date

Also future update maybe include the model incentives currently available as well?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #5
nasa
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
overall like it!

UI looks good for navigation, maybe play with the Model year selection a bit, the dropdown click is at the top but the scrollable menu is at the bottom without any outlines around it so its kinda floating in space

Also where are you getting the information from? it just says powered by edmunds, maybe include in the description probably a confidence builder that the data will be up to date

Also future update maybe include the model incentives currently available as well?
Thanks! Very helpful! The information comes from different sources. Only Makes, Models and Trims are powered by Edmunds (Vehicle API), nothing else.
Appreciate 0