F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Can't Get "Mixed" Radio Station Presets To Stick In HUD
Studio RSR

10-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Can't Get "Mixed" Radio Station Presets To Stick In HUD

I've lost functionality I've had since the day I got my car, wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

One of the best features of the audio system is the radio Presets function where you can assign up to 50 radio stations from any band grouped together in any order you want. Nice mixed list of AM, FM, HD, SAT stations all on one list, very handy, never have to call up "AM" and then hit "660", just call up Presets and they're all in one spot, jump from AM to FM to SAT at will, no extra presses necessary. The Preset screen is still there, no issue. But...

Used to be that when I called up a radio station via one of the 1-8 shortcut buttons that was a shortcut to a radio station on the Presets list, the scroll wheel on the steering wheel would put the stations from the mixed Presets list up on the windshield. Now, if I call up an AM station, the scroll wheel will display all the AM stations, not the mixed list. Same for FM, SAT, etc.

Furthermore, if I'm on the Presets list in the HUD listening to a radio station and shut the car off, the HUD list doesn't remember that it was on the Presets list upon restart, will dump me into the list of all AM or all FM or all SAT stations.

Anyone else experience this loss of functionality and/or know how to fix it? It was very nice to be able to assign just 1 precious 1-8 shortcut key to a single favorite radio station and then use the thumbwheel to scroll through the other favorites from all the mixed bands on the Presets list.

TIA

BJ

Last edited by boltjames; 10-23-2012 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

boltjames, did you figure this out? it seems that each time I need to hit 'radio' when i start the car to re-activate the presets menu, otherwise it will just browse through FM/AM whatever I am on.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezz View Post
boltjames, did you figure this out? it seems that each time I need to hit 'radio' when i start the car to re-activate the presets menu, otherwise it will just browse through FM/AM whatever I am on.
Yes, I did.

Hit Radio and bring up the Presets. Then push the iDrive controller to the left so that the Presets menu closes and the bar highlights the word "Presets".

From there, the Preset list should stick in the HUD. It has something to do with not displaying the Presets list and then jumping to another screen like nav. You have to close the Preset menu first.

BJ
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

thanks! will give it a shot.
Appreciate 0