F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Did We Forget Anything: N55 Big Turbo/IC Install
Extreme Powerhouse

04-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #23
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Yes. It allows the valve to open sooner and start cooling the oil faster than the oem spring and piston one.
Nice, I will buy one and also these thermostat lid and caps. Did you get it also? Which color?
Also, the 2 screws are the pair caps for $29 and the lid is apart for $39?
No I just changed the oil cooler valve, left the cap cover oem.
      04-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #24
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

LOL as was merging into highway traffic and, yup, a big stumble and then a warning popped up. Checked the code, P00BD, and you guessed it the stock CP cracked/blew off. Looks like they'll be installing the ER CP earlier than doing the Big Turbo/IC. That stock CP is not built for added boost of Dinan Stage 2 so am very glad the ER CP is here ready for installation.

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #25
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
LOL as was merging into highway traffic and, yup, a big stumble and then a warning popped up. Checked the code, P00BD, and you guessed it the stock CP cracked/blew off. Looks like they'll be installing the ER CP earlier than doing the Big Turbo/IC. That stock CP is not built for added boost of Dinan Stage 2 so am very glad the ER CP is here ready for installation.
Yeah The stock charge pipe design is crap. I'm really surprised Dinan doesn't include a CP in the S4 package. What's a few more hundred bucks when dropping 6k coin :

In all honesty now if one chose to warranty the part and go through delar or Dinan the oem CP costs more than the ER piece and the dealer install labor you're quickly approaching $900-$1000 territory. You'd think they throw on the ER cp in the s4 package and save some headaches and coin later down the road.
      04-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #26
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

Well, we're only at Stage 2 right now as we wait for the BTurbo (on backorder) to then install it and the larger IC, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, etc. Was not doing anything really aggressive in driving and, in fact, was in Comfort mode at the time. So yeah, the stock CP needs to go ASAP. i'll probably just keep the new stock replacement (never installed) and sell it. Am sure someone may need one at some point.

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.
Appreciate 0