F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 335I Road trip Usa, Jb4 + Donwpipe Ar?
ARMA SPEED

04-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #23
Motorsports88
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Melb Reot

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
What year is your car? I have a 2013 3.5" downpipe that I bought from Mike@XPH ^^^.

It was only ~$250

My car is from 07/2014 so the 4" i heard..

Thx anyway
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #24
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsports88 View Post
The Jb4 isn't sure yet, maybe i'll do a full ecu tune..
But the downpipe is for sure, i need one..

In Belguim you pay around 700/800 dollar for a downpipe that costs 500dollar in the us.
So if i'm in the usa, its better to buy it there.

Only thing is, i don't know if its a problem for the custom at the airport when i have such things in my luggage
i would think its not a problem tough.

So most important thing is a shop in vegas for a downpipe.
i can give the exact dates already when im in vegas, so its perfect to make a apointment for it.

only thing is, in the USA you've got many many downpipe's.
In belguim the mostly get 2 or 3 different makes + they cost a lot more with the customs etc.

I'm searching for the best fitting plug and play Downpipe and the best quality for the bucks.

Wich one that is, is still a question.

Already big thanks for your reply's guys, i apprecied that.

(including my bad english)
If the downpipe is catless you should not have a problem. With a catalytic converter, I'm not sure how customs would handle it..

Don't do JB4, IMO you should do a full ECU flash. You can have the DME in your car shipped to somebody in the US, either Frank Smith or BM3, and obtain much better results that way!

Past: 13' Audi S6 | 13' E70 X5M | 13' E92 M3 Comp | 14' BMW 335xi GT | 95' E36 M3 | 84' BMW 733i | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 06' Acura TL |
85' Honda Shadow VT700 | 05’ Yamaha R6 | 12’ Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #25
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBrandon View Post
If the downpipe is catless you should not have a problem. With a catalytic converter, I'm not sure how customs would handle it..

Don't do JB4, IMO you should do a full ECU flash. You can have the DME in your car shipped to somebody in the US, either Frank Smith or BM3, and obtain much better results that way!

Ok zo if i take u catless downpipe, i normally have no problem with an engine light or something?

I would think is does beceause the parameters aren't the same with a catless..?

BM3 is that a standard full ecu flash,
What hp and torque you get with that flash approximed?

Here in Belguim we have e couple of very good tuners, who do a full ecu flash.
So that is not a problem.. If its come's to a full ecu flash on order, is belguim perfect.. You can choose how you want the flash tune in corporation with the tuner himself.
Tough they maybe take a standard map to begin with, but at the end the will make the flash +- regulated @ your own car.

So i think i'll go with that, the Jb4 has allot of options, but i've had never a very positieve thinking about the jb4 (for tuners who will install meth kit etc etc, its maybe a very good option)
But i just want to have the right tune for daily use.

I'm not gonna change the pressure etc.

Downpipe, wich do you guys recommend?
Or is it all good, accept the cheap unkown one's?

oh yeah, the charge pipe of a N55 335i is it in the states also a part you best change if you tune?
In belguim i heard allot the standard one's can brok if you tune the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #26
Jesse91
Rep
Drives: f30 335i bsm

Go with ER downpipe and jb4. The fit was spot on for ER, and jb4 is easy to install and use. I got both from mike at extreme powerhouse. Only problem I had was my plastic charge pipe blowing up running map 2, you should also get that if you end up going jb4 or flash tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #27
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse91 View Post
Go with ER downpipe and jb4. The fit was spot on for ER, and jb4 is easy to install and use. I got both from mike at extreme powerhouse. Only problem I had was my plastic charge pipe blowing up running map 2, you should also get that if you end up going jb4 or flash tune.

Yeah tought so for the charge pipe.

ER = the 1 to go i think Also thx.
Sound of a downpipe on a stock modified exhaust worth it?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #28
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ok zo if i take u catless downpipe, i normally have no problem with an engine light or something?

I would think is does beceause the parameters aren't the same with a catless..?

BM3 is that a standard full ecu flash,
What hp and torque you get with that flash approximed?

Here in Belguim we have e couple of very good tuners, who do a full ecu flash.
So that is not a problem.. If its come's to a full ecu flash on order, is belguim perfect.. You can choose how you want the flash tune in corporation with the tuner himself.
Tough they maybe take a standard map to begin with, but at the end the will make the flash +- regulated @ your own car.

So i think i'll go with that, the Jb4 has allot of options, but i've had never a very positieve thinking about the jb4 (for tuners who will install meth kit etc etc, its maybe a very good option)
But i just want to have the right tune for daily use.

I'm not gonna change the pressure etc.

Downpipe, wich do you guys recommend?
Or is it all good, accept the cheap unkown one's?

oh yeah, the charge pipe of a N55 335i is it in the states also a part you best change if you tune?
In belguim i heard allot the standard one's can brok if you tune the car?
A cat-less downpipe will give you a check engine light. You can either fix this with a JB4 or Flash Tune. I'm not sure if you have emissions but you will not pass emissions if you do. Here in VA, they are very strict but only plug into OBD2 port. My Flash Tune made it "set to readiness" so that it would trick the computer and pass emissions testing.

Power for me was around 80Hp and 110Trq for an all-wheel drive car running 93octane and FBO.

Sound is great with stock exhaust when you first start the car, it dies down a little bit but still way better. And the burbles when you get from downshifting are awesome IMO.

Past: 13' Audi S6 | 13' E70 X5M | 13' E92 M3 Comp | 14' BMW 335xi GT | 95' E36 M3 | 84' BMW 733i | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 06' Acura TL |
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #29
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
A cat-less downpipe will give you a check engine light. You can either fix this with a JB4 or Flash Tune. I'm not sure if you have emissions but you will not pass emissions if you do. Here in VA, they are very strict but only plug into OBD2 port. My Flash Tune made it "set to readiness" so that it would trick the computer and pass emissions testing.

Power for me was around 80Hp and 110Trq for an all-wheel drive car running 93octane and FBO.

Sound is great with stock exhaust when you first start the car, it dies down a little bit but still way better. And the burbles when you get from downshifting are awesome IMO.

Yeah we've got emissions, but is in Belguim it takes 5 years (for a New car) before you have to go.
And for me that is 2019. So. That isnt't a problem.

I drive on 98 octane standard. We can choose 95/98 or 102 but that is more in netherlands, @ the border.
So 98 is the daily 1.

So the engine Light check is something you can only erase with a jb4 or a flash?

Last edited by Motorsports88; 04-09-2017 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #30
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah we've got emissions, but is in Belguim it takes 5 years (for a New car) before you have to go.
And for me that is 2019. So. That isnt't a problem.

I drive on 98 octane standard. We can choose 95/98 or 105 but that is more in netherlands, @ the border.
So 98 is the daily 1.

So the engine Light check is something you can only erase with a jb4 or a flash?
Yes I believe so as it is constantly re-appearing because of the O2 sensor. Most people won't know because it's not advised to install a careless DP without some sort of Tune to go along with it.

Damn though! You are lucky to run such high octane, how much does it cost to fill up?

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:45 PM   #31
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes I believe so as it is constantly re-appearing because of the O2 sensor. Most people won't know because it's not advised to install a careless DP without some sort of Tune to go along with it.

Damn though! You are lucky to run such high octane, how much does it cost to fill up?

mm need to check the DP, but i'm gonna buy 1 anyway..
Maybe i'll tune the car in a year, then i already have a DP much cheaper then in belguim so

First new Suspension and new rims, Original F30's Also with an M-package, are to much Floaty...
My previeus car was a E81 so, world of a difference.

First a Bilstein B14 + HR sway bars are comming and new rims, when my tires where run out.

yeah, the cost of the gasoline here is pretty much
We pay, it depends where in the country you go..

But the average cost of RON 98 @ the moment = 1,5040 €/l

If you take RON 95 E10 (E-10 =new type for regulations) = 1,4360 €/l

Competition 102 RON i can't see online.. 20minute drive of my place its possibly but don't know the price @ the moment.
But its expensive anyway..
Also for the RON 98.

So its around 90Euro's (95Dollar's) for a full tank.

how much does it costs in the states for the moment +-?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #32
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

mm need to check the DP, but i'm gonna buy 1 anyway..
Maybe i'll tune the car in a year, then i already have a DP much cheaper then in belguim so

First new Suspension and new rims, Original F30's Also with an M-package, are to much Floaty...
My previeus car was a E81 so, world of a difference.

First a Bilstein B14 + HR sway bars are comming and new rims, when my tires where run out.

yeah, the cost of the gasoline here is pretty much
We pay, it depends where in the country you go..

But the average cost of RON 98 @ the moment = 1,5040 €/l

If you take RON 95 E10 (E-10 =new type for regulations) = 1,4360 €/l

Competition 102 RON i can't see online.. 20minute drive of my place its possibly but don't know the price @ the moment.
But its expensive anyway..
Also for the RON 98.

So its around 90Euro's (95Dollar's) for a full tank.

how much does it costs in the states for the moment +-?
Ummmm it costs me $30 to fill up with premium fuel lol

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:36 AM   #33
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:

30 Dollars W*F
Damn i would be al day and all night long cruzin with that amount haha..

Yeah damn, damn

Yeah its expensive out here.. That's the downside of Belguim, i think if you see it for a car.. I think almost everything is a downside here next to the USA.

30 bucks damn... And i think now and days, its more expensive then 5 years ago isn't it?

But its good to know for my road trip in June.
Then i know i can step on the gas without worring my wallet

Ohyeah,

A sportscat what's the cost of that in the states and wich one are they way to go - > Best fitment + sounds/quality.
Maybe that's a way for the error without a tune, but also has a better sound and performance then standard.

Or just go catted and replace the cat when i have to go to emission?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:45 AM   #34
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

30 Dollars W*F
Damn i would be al day and all night long cruzin with that amount haha..

Yeah damn, damn

Yeah its expensive out here.. That's the downside of Belguim, i think if you see it for a car.. I think almost everything is a downside here next to the USA.

30 bucks damn... And i think now and days, its more expensive then 5 years ago isn't it?

But its good to know for my road trip in June.
Then i know i can step on the gas without worring my wallet

Ohyeah,

A sportscat what's the cost of that in the states and wich one are they way to go - > Best fitment + sounds/quality.
Maybe that's a way for the error without a tune, but also has a better sound and performance then standard.

Or just go catted and replace the cat when i have to go to emission?
Yeah I mean the best option to abound CELs and emissions is to go with a high-flow downpipe that still has a catalytic converter in it. They are going to be more expensive though because you are paying for the cat(those things are worth some serious cash)

I would personally just go cat-less and then get a flash tune to deal with emissions and check engine light. It has the most power and sound as there are no air-flow restrictions with it.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #35
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I mean the best option to abound CELs and emissions is to go with a high-flow downpipe that still has a catalytic converter in it. They are going to be more expensive though because you are paying for the cat(those things are worth some serious cash)

I would personally just go cat-less and then get a flash tune to deal with emissions and check engine light. It has the most power and sound as there are no air-flow restrictions with it.

Ok, what is the cost of a Sport cat in the USA?

Only thing i was also wondering.

If i go Catless + a full ecu tune.
is it necessary that i also upgrade the intercooler?

Or isn't that a problem with the stock 1.

Mine F30 has the extra radiator at the right front wheel also for warm country's.
but if its +- 25 degrees celcius = 77 degrees Fahrenheit

then the engine is already pretty warm i think 110 degrees i think?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #36
Jesse91
Rep

Quote:
Yeah tought so for the charge pipe.

ER = the 1 to go i think Also thx.
Sound of a downpipe on a stock modified exhaust worth it?
Totally worth it! I've been with this setup for a year now, I think of adding an axel back exhaust but it already sounds so good. No drone, the burbles are noticeably louder. Check it out on this vid just a dp and jb4

Last edited by Jesse91; 04-09-2017 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #37
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, what is the cost of a Sport cat in the USA?

Only thing i was also wondering.

If i go Catless + a full ecu tune.
is it necessary that i also upgrade the intercooler?

Or isn't that a problem with the stock 1.

Mine F30 has the extra radiator at the right front wheel also for warm country's.
but if its +- 25 degrees celcius = 77 degrees Fahrenheit

then the engine is already pretty warm i think 110 degrees i think?
Depends on how aggressive of a tune you want and how your weather is, as well as how hard you are going to be driving. If you want a super fast car, intend to do multiple runs with it at a time, or live where it gets to be above 90degrees Farenheight, then I would do the intercooler. My old one was filled with rocks, sand, and even a dead bird lol so I think just replacing it with anything is better than leaving it old and stock.

As for prices, I mean you can look that up on your own time haha, its all on the internet. But also just keep an eye out in the classifieds on these forums for locals selling one. You never know, I got a $400 DP for $75...

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 12:49 AM   #38
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Totally worth it! I've been with this setup for a year now, I think of adding an axel back exhaust but it already sounds so good. No drone, the burbles are noticeably louder. Check it out on this vid just a dp and jb4

Sounds nice, not the best underground for your tires tough?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #39
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Depends on how aggressive of a tune you want and how your weather is, as well as how hard you are going to be driving. If you want a super fast car, intend to do multiple runs with it at a time, or live where it gets to be above 90degrees Farenheight, then I would do the intercooler. My old one was filled with rocks, sand, and even a dead bird lol so I think just replacing it with anything is better than leaving it old and stock.

As for prices, I mean you can look that up on your own time haha, its all on the internet. But also just keep an eye out in the classifieds on these forums for locals selling one. You never know, I got a $400 DP for $75...

75 bucks, that's very cheap.
yeah ok thanks for the info!

For the tune, i'll ask the tuner what he says, driving style is pretty fast daily so..
in the future i'll probably change the intercooler, first gonne see how its works with the OEM.

Thx for the info guys!

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #40
Jesse91
Rep

Quote:
Sounds nice, not the best underground for your tires tough?
Yea 😂, shit ate up the tires
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:52 AM   #41
Motorsports88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yea 😂, shit ate up the tires
Probably
Appreciate 0