F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Melbourne based F30's
GetBMWParts

09-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #23
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
3) its a safety feature.
Correct. It will/should be activated in the event of a collision as well.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #24
ozorion
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvista View Post
I want sport and the space to fit the baby seat and 2 adults at the back if possible. tested it tonight, not much room for me after fitting the car seat and I am a small guy.
If space is a concern and you don't mind buying a new baby seat, consider looking at picking up the Safe n Sound Compaq baby seat - it's specifically designed to take up less space laterally across the seat and it's fine for kids from birth and can be turned around when they're bigger.

I'm also changing from a G6 and space was something I looked at as I have a 1 year old and I transport friends a lot (being a non-drinker). While it's no argument that the internal cab space in the 328i is going to be smaller than your G6E, when I put the seat in during my test, I was confident that two people could sit along side it in the back of the 3 series, provided I asked my chubbier friends to take the front seat. It may not be as roomy on the back seat, but those friends can feel free to drive themselves if they're not happy with what I'm offering.

It's just a consideration if you really want to trade up to the BMW and are space conscious.
      09-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Nice sports seats, it has excellent reviews too.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/sa...ompaq-dlx.html

Decisions...decisions..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

my bmw 328 has the baby seat in it. There is a good amount of head space to put the baby into the seat but a bit tight when 2 adults sit on both sides of the baby seat. Having a baby is expensive so you are best to consider financials and convenience over everything else. The bmw 328 fits the pram across the boot of the car easily and is made with a tougher leather for all the knee and feet u might put on it when getting the baby in and out. If the baby throws up on the seat it is easy to clean up later aswell (unless it hits the carpet). If i was in your position, i will check insurance for the G6e in 3 yrs time to make sure it doesnt jump and then keep the G6e for extra cash in the pocket. IMO, if the G6e drinks 10l/100km average, you will be paying about 1000-1200$ more per year on petrol that will not equate to the difference in the price of the 2 cars. Only other concern to watch out for is the km's you have done on the G6E and how soon the major service is coming around.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

BTW, looking for another f30 owner in SE side. My car has started to vibrate on hwy and want to feel another car in case its just in my head
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
BTW, looking for another f30 owner in SE side. My car has started to vibrate on hwy and want to feel another car in case its just in my head
I'm in inner SE. Should be taking delivery of the car mid/late October if you need help then. Hope you sort out your problem beforehand. Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #29
netvista
Rep
Drives: Now-G6E Turbo

ok guys, while I haven't decided whether I will switch to BMW.. this guy has been chasing me non stop, he wants to buy my G6ET SOOOO badly that I think this whole thing is very sus..

i am selling mine for $40k, with 22000 on the clock. This is guys is from SA, and he has been literally begging me to sell my car to him. He said " my whole family wants your car", "plz mate, let's do a deal" etc etc.. The funny thing is that he didn't even want to inspect the car initially, i asked him how is this possible if you he is spending $36K (this was his orignal offer).. He said he will take my words for it.. and he will need me to ship the car to SA, i said I wouldn't even move my car until i have full payment in my pocket. and there are other G6ET's out there that with lower K's and similar conditions , asking for less.

I then told him to wait till Monday as I will test drive a few cars over the weekends etc.. I told him this morning that I am keeping the car for now and he said this is false advertising.. blah blah blah. I then said it has to be $40K before I even think about selling my car NOW (because I need to cover the lease pay out). Now he is saying he will pay $40K.

He's been very pushy, calling and texting me non stop. I can't see if this is a scam or something, the way this guy buys car is beyond my understanding. Has anyone had similar experience when selling your car ?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #30
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

What is this secret testing session ..lets.. all go and test
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #31
netvista
Rep
Drives: Now-G6E Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
What is this secret testing session ..lets.. all go and test
testing session?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #32
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Test to see if we all have this steering vibration issue.. :P
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #33
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
ok guys, while I haven't decided whether I will switch to BMW.. this guy has been chasing me non stop, he wants to buy my G6ET SOOOO badly that I think this whole thing is very sus..

i am selling mine for $40k, with 22000 on the clock. This is guys is from SA, and he has been literally begging me to sell my car to him. He said " my whole family wants your car", "plz mate, let's do a deal" etc etc.. The funny thing is that he didn't even want to inspect the car initially, i asked him how is this possible if you he is spending $36K (this was his orignal offer).. He said he will take my words for it.. and he will need me to ship the car to SA, i said I wouldn't even move my car until i have full payment in my pocket. and there are other G6ET's out there that with lower K's and similar conditions , asking for less.

I then told him to wait till Monday as I will test drive a few cars over the weekends etc.. I told him this morning that I am keeping the car for now and he said this is false advertising.. blah blah blah. I then said it has to be $40K before I even think about selling my car NOW (because I need to cover the lease pay out). Now he is saying he will pay $40K.

He's been very pushy, calling and texting me non stop. I can't see if this is a scam or something, the way this guy buys car is beyond my understanding. Has anyone had similar experience when selling your car ?
Sounds dodgy man... when it's too good to be true it rarely is.

Seriously.. if he needed a car that badly i'm sure there are many around. I just saw some car scam on ebay the other day. The only advice ebay provided is to have transactions done via ebay and no other means as the advertising company will not be held liable.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #34
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
he will need me to ship the car to SA
Just tell him what Darryl says.
"Tell him he's dreaming."
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #35
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
The funny thing is that he didn't even want to inspect the car initially, i asked him how is this possible if you he is spending $36K (this was his orignal offer).. He said he will take my words for it.. and he will need me to ship the car to SA,
Sounds like a SCAM, of which there are many variations...

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1668758
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #36
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Yep, sounds like a scam.

netvista, thats a hefty drop in power going from a G6E turbo to a 328i. I almost went the other way this time. Before deciding on the 335i I was keen on a Ford GTE - loved the understated style (no huge rear wing and lairy stripes) and the GT performance. The 5.0L supercharged V8 (and all 335kw) is amazing. Still have a soft spot for it. For an Aussie built car it's pretty impressive actually. Unfortunately the falcon's days are probably numbered. Fuel consumption was also a bit of a concern - anecdotally 20L/100km
2000 E46 318i Cosmos Black
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #37
idjitdragon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
hi guys, i am a 328i owner wannabe ..lol
test driving it this Thursday, will have it till Friday morning. currently driving a G6E turbo.. can't wait to see how 328i handles differently. I am not expecting the 328i to match my current ride power wise though. hopefully i can find that wow factor to justify the extra $20~30k. I really do, want a bmw so badly. lol
Just upgraded from a XR6 Turbo to a 328i on the Monday before cup day. I'm still scouring the web studying up all of the things the BMW can do, it's like trying to get a pilot's licence compared to the Ford

I'm still driving the 328 conservatively for the first 2000 kms but to date it can't match the XR6T for shear fanging fun accelerating up an on-ramp.

Oh - and mine's Melbourne Red in Melbourne too.

Cheers

Martin
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #38
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idjitdragon View Post
Just upgraded from a XR6 Turbo to a 328i on the Monday before cup day. I'm still scouring the web studying up all of the things the BMW can do, it's like trying to get a pilot's licence compared to the Ford

I'm still driving the 328 conservatively for the first 2000 kms but to date it can't match the XR6T for shear fanging fun accelerating up an on-ramp.

Cheers

Martin
You will probably find this handy

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...modelcode=133N

You'll definitely have more fun after the run in period in sports + mode.

Found this online for the XR6T "The sprint from 0-100km/h takes around 5.6 seconds "

The 328 matches that speed IRL. I'm just starting to use Sports + more regularly now at 800kms . In the meantime keep the rev below 4 which is hard.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #39
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idjitdragon View Post

Cheers

Martin
turn on eLSD. i am in melb. want to meet up?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #40
beemermans
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

I signed the dotted line for a red F30 yesterday (328i)
Please congratulate me lol
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #41
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemermans View Post
Congratulations. Melbourne Red in Melbourne!!! Brilliant.
When do you take delivery?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
beemermans
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Thanks.... I will find out on Wednesday about delivery, this will be my first red car. Cannot wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #43
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemermans View Post
Nice choice.. if i had red or blue i'd go crazy with CF parts..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #44
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
if i had red or blue i'd go crazy with CF parts..
Before I took delivery of my F30, I had plans on changing the exterior mirror covers to CF. One I saw the car, I instantly changed my mind. They are staying EB.

However, the AT selector cover would benefit from the CF cover.
Appreciate 0