F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Order Tracking in Canada - works
GetBMWParts

06-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairTooLongToo View Post
Found this method on the F10 forums through Google, and I think it's worth repeating for those wondering about order tracking:
  • Go to the shipping company website here http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
  • From the navigation menu: Customer Care > Track and Trace
  • In the Cargo ID field, enter the last 7 digits of your VIN, hit track
  • The name of your ship with ETA will be shown
  • Click Voyage Number for more info about your ship

This post is to confirm this method still works for tracking from ship to shore (I'm tracking my folk's 328i).

Now what to do once it reaches Halifax? Some say check CN website? Anyway, shouldn't be long once it hits our shores.

Hope it helps. Cheers.
I got my VIN, put the last 7 digit to the Cargo ID in that site for search came back with No Records Found.

Is it possible that is because it's already finished its journey cross the ocean and already off the ship so not showing up in the shipping site search?

I didn't look hard enough on forums for this tracking method until yesterday and finally got the VIN from my sales. Until now I just kept pinging my dealer for "is it on time?" I established "early July" delivery when I placed order back in April, the response is always "it's on track".

So by now June 24, I would hope my car is NOT still being produced or not even yet shipped, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #24
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
I got my VIN, put the last 7 digit to the Cargo ID in that site for search came back with No Records Found.

Is it possible that is because it's already finished its journey cross the ocean and already off the ship so not showing up in the shipping site search?

I didn't look hard enough on forums for this tracking method until yesterday and finally got the VIN from my sales. Until now I just kept pinging my dealer for "is it on time?" I established "early July" delivery when I placed order back in April, the response is always "it's on track".

So by now June 24, I would hope my car is NOT still being produced or not even yet shipped, right?
It's also possible that it's not on a WW ship. Given the time, it's also possible it's not even on the ship yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #25
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
It's also possible that it's not on a WW ship. Given the time, it's also possible it's not even on the ship yet.
Thx for your input. Now I am guessing it is not even on a ship yet.

I tried entering the entire 17-digit VIN (instead of just last 7-digit as most posts say) for my car, no result. Then I tried entering just the first 13-digit with a % (wildcard as per their help page), I got a bunch of results back that include some deliveries to Halifax from early June back to like May of this year.

Tried that again with the first 14-digit plus % give no results.

So looks like the search is working and just that my car is in a production batch that is sooooo new that it hasn't even made it on a ship yet... =/

I will call BMW Canada tomorrow and see if someone on the phone can tell me if my car is at least done being built. I'll keep searching on WW site everyday too... I am totally unhealthily obsessed with tracking down and receiving my car now... dang...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Thx for your input. Now I am guessing it is not even on a ship yet.

I tried entering the entire 17-digit VIN (instead of just last 7-digit as most posts say) for my car, no result. Then I tried entering just the first 13-digit with a % (wildcard as per their help page), I got a bunch of results back that include some deliveries to Halifax from early June back to like May of this year.

Tried that again with the first 14-digit plus % give no results.

So looks like the search is working and just that my car is in a production batch that is sooooo new that it hasn't even made it on a ship yet... =/

I will call BMW Canada tomorrow and see if someone on the phone can tell me if my car is at least done being built. I'll keep searching on WW site everyday too... I am totally unhealthily obsessed with tracking down and receiving my car now... dang...
Confirmed that my car is not yet on a ship but at least I confirmed that as of it finished production but not yet shipped according to the rep at BMW Canada 1-800#.

I searched on WW site using the first 14-digit plus % wildcard, another car that falls within that VIN range is in the search result. That car is within 100 of the sequence number of my VIN, hopefully my car will make it to the same ship as this other car that is scheduled to leave port this Friday!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #27
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hi again guys... I used bmwvin.com and its search shows options on my car, etc. Also shows the Production Date as 2012/06/25 for my car. Anyone has any idea how many days from "Production Date" to getting to the German port and get on a ship?

Do all BMW Canada orders get on WW ships? And all get into Canada at Halifax?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #28
DrBrian
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 850i Gran Coupe

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
THANKS!!!

THANKS!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:51 AM   #29
nocturnal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairTooLongToo View Post
Found this method on the F10 forums through Google, and I think it's worth repeating for those wondering about order tracking:
  • Go to the shipping company website here http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
  • From the navigation menu: Customer Care > Track and Trace
  • In the Cargo ID field, enter the last 7 digits of your VIN, hit track
  • The name of your ship with ETA will be shown
  • Click Voyage Number for more info about your ship

This post is to confirm this method still works for tracking from ship to shore (I'm tracking my folk's 328i).

Now what to do once it reaches Halifax? Some say check CN website? Anyway, shouldn't be long once it hits our shores.

Hope it helps. Cheers.

HEY! That link isn't working for me. Is there an updated site?
I only have a Canadian production number, no VIN.
Appreciate 0