F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BEF+Jb4 Tuning Thread
GetBMWParts

09-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #23
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Just curious what did Enzo have to say about the issues why they sent you a flashed ECU with errors on it?
lol probably some bs excuse like they weren't there when they shipped it off

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 2
Jadar1752.50
      09-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #24
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_ View Post
So... dealer found out you did all kinds of sh8t (in your Sig) to your car while under warranty. They charged you 50 buxx and ate $8500 themselves. What kinda warranty did you buy - $10,000 worth? Please list the damaged parts. I want to be educated.
no need to be tongue and cheek, i'm posting this to help others and educate.
Platinum extended warranty and maintenance extended to 100,000 miles or 2018.

Dealer installed everything in sig except the ER pieces and Enzo 400R+ (obviously).
Just curious what did Enzo have to say about the issues why they sent you a flashed ECU with errors on it?
I drove 4 hours round trip, it was test driven and determined my injectors were the issue (after pressing the issue about how I thought the tune was off, the car was shaking at startup, etc).

It was a 10 minute drive and diagnosis, no codes pulled, and I went home. Was told to have BMW take care of it-they were nice about it though!

The Bmw tech picked up on the valvetronic noise/issue at startup, and had the car done in a day...(rhey discovered the melted plugs and combustion blow by when repairing the first issue).

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 2
Jadar1752.50
      09-24-2016, 08:17 AM   #25
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
lol probably some bs excuse like they weren't there when they shipped it off
Yeah no kidding. They have one car on here that does well and that's it. It's unreal how weak enzo tunes are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
I drove 4 hours round trip, it was test driven and determined my injectors were the issue (after pressing the issue about how I thought the tune was off, the car was shaking at startup, etc).

It was a 10 minute drive and diagnosis, no codes pulled, and I went home. Was told to have BMW take care of it-they were nice about it though!

The Bmw tech picked up on the valvetronic noise/issue at startup, and had the car done in a day...(rhey discovered the melted plugs and combustion blow by when repairing the first issue).
How nice of them to tell you have BMW look at their screw up. Take your money and send you packing.

I'll just leave this right here and you guys can see the poor info and conversation. It's when I inquired about pure Stage 1. I even mention shiva and they state his ecu had to be tweaked for his turbo upgrade, but mine was ok to remain on their regular flash file lol There are multiple times that they don't even remember who I was or what I was asking. I guess having thousands of customers does that they even forget that I'm already flash tuned and keep stating I have to send out the ecu. It made my head hurt after a while.
CaryTheLabelGuy is this enough for you to warrant a comment ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Jadar; 09-24-2016 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2016, 11:40 PM   #26
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Shivas-

How lean was it? I thought the whole idea of a BEF was to richen the target??
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #27
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Shivas-

12's which I guess isn't bad with Direct Fuel injection, but that doesn't explain why my plugs went south, burned the ceramic, and shat on the valvetronic motor/sensor!

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 12:11 AM   #28
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Shivas-

12's which I guess isn't bad with Direct Fuel injection, but that doesn't explain why my plugs went south, burned the ceramic, and shat on the valvetronic motor/sensor!
I mean 12's is pretty rich and expected to see that with a flash that manipulated afr tables. I'd say this is where I'd want to be with higher boost and under wot and full load.
Usually a stock DI car is innthe high 13's low 14's. The b58 is now the norm to run 14's afr.